starting week 3, no weight loss --> discouraged

• Hey everyone!

I'm new to this and definitely enjoying it... my weighing plan is once per week so on the first day of Week 3 (yesterday) I weighed myself and was disappointed to see that my total weight loss for two weeks is 1 pound :-(  Which is nothing because my weight fluctuates +/- 2lbs every week between 128 and 130.  I'm dying for the day when I'll see 127.something because to me that will be real weight loss.  

I've been really good about exercise -- following the program exactly "by the book"-- and not as good about diet.  I'm pretty good about eating healthy food overall, but I have a problem with cheating -- eating a piece of chocolate here, having just carbs for one meal there, not quite drinking enough water -- and I find it really hard to work up the discipline to be super by the book with my eating.   I'm afraid that's what's blocking my weight loss -- my body is fighting to hold on to its weight!

Anyway -- just looking for advice and encouragement !   Thanks!

• I would set the scales away until you are fully engaged in BFL for 4 weeks, even better would be 6 weeks.  BFL works, there are too many here that can show you that.  Trust in the process, eat clean, do the workouts and the results will come.

You are answering your own questions by acknowledging the free day foods on non-free days.  Make a list of the items you successfully do not eat and then on free day if you still want them, have them.  For now challenge yourself to eat to plan all six days.  

Eating is 80% of the success of BFL and remember that when you want to nibble.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Try measuring your waist, thighs and arms instead of going by the scale. The only real weight I saw come off my body during the first few weeks was water weight- and 3-5 lbs at that. I decided not to even weigh myself until the end of the challenge (because Im nosey). I base it mostly on how my clothes fit. Scales are a downer!!!

Stacy Lynn

• I am not even going NEAR a scale...

I am in week 2 and already I can feel a difference and see a tiny difference in my rear and my rings are looser...today for some reason I am letting go of a lot of water....

I know to you 127 seems like a dream...I'd do anything to be where you are. I used to be that weight...hope I can get close before Christmas..

good luck and STAY away from the scale....