A Return...

• Many of you may or may not remember me, but I was actively doing the BFL program about 2 years ago. I was at Week 10 Day 4 when disaster struck.  I was at the gym, working out like a madman and somehow injured my neck.  I was in crippling pain that put me on the sidelines.  After treatment, and diagnosis I have one collapsed disc ( C5) and one bulging disc ( C6) in my neck with a bone spur on the right side of C6 with the onset of degenerative arthritis.   I spent the next 2 years, seeing doctor after doctor.  Going through every treatment imaginable. Two years later, I am okay.  I recently stepped away from the pain medication/muscle relaxers, as they were making me feel very toxic. 

I just turned 35 years old on May 8th.  For weeks leading up to this post, something has been calling me - beckoning me back.   I am battling fear in making this return.  I am fearful that I will re-injure my neck, and revert to how I once was.   However, the spirit of the Warrior is calling me. 

I know that this is going to hurt a bit.  I know that.  I know the sacrafices will be great, and challenges will seem daunting to return to my old ways.  I am hoping to dig really deep to surpass the success I once had.  Before my injury,  I lost about 75 lbs, and went from 33% body fat, down to about %15.  I was feeling confident, supremely powerful until the injury struck me down.  

I wanted to relate my story to others, to tell them that they are not alone in their battles!

Tomorrow, this Warrior begins a new path.  A path towards strength, confidence, power and my Ultimate Self. 

Always Believe,

John

Glendale, AZ

• John, my goodness thats a quite interesting turn of events!

Welcome back!

You may consider having a physical therapist help you PLAN the Body-for-Life program to better fit your special circumstances.

Proceed with caution, knowledge, and the wisdom that will allow you to SUCCEED.

I admire your courage, and your spirit!

Please consider this in all seriousness, as further set backs may prevent you from completing your goals.

That doesn't benefit anyone.

I want to see you WIN!

"What you put in, is what you are going to get back."

- Terry

• Terry,

Thanks for a supportive reply.  I am proceeding with caution, paying close attention to planning the early work outs to avoid certain excercises that pose more danger to me than others.  I figure at some point I must take a first step to over-come fear.  I have yet to go for my first work out, and I am nervous.  I know I have nothing to worry about but the uncertainty dogs me still.  Not a great way for a warrior to start out, I know..  

I figure the beginning is going to be more trial and error than is normal.  

Again,  Thanks...

John

• Woot!!! You are already stronger than you think! What a hard move to come back to a stressful program!! You've got it this time.

Stacy Lynn

• Stacey,

Thank you for the kind comments.  I am about to post regarding my first day's work out, so stay tuned.  

Kindest Regards,

John

• I will be keeping tabs on you!! :)

Good luck!

Stacy Lynn

• Thanks Stacy,

I'm still working on myself, progressing one day at a time.  I'm trying to find my inner warrior, and to let him out of his prison.  

I keep telling myself, One battle at a time!!  Just One!!  I am working to gain more understanding to how I can be a better a person through this challenge.  

Thank you for keeping tabs on me.  I sincerely appreciate the time and attention.  

Always Believe,

John