BFL Coffee Crew!

• hehe, that's one idea I thought of too.  We didn't make up a team name, just registered as boring old us.

New developments on the drama in her life, has just increased 20x today.  Something horrifically traumatic happened to her siblings in her other family.  And here I am worried if she's still going to Warrior Dash with me.  I haven't brought up the topic to her.  I'm just going to have to take it one day at a time.  I probably won't know if she can accompany me until the last minute.  I may possibly just go by myself and then not dress up.  I did it last year solo because I couldn't find anyone to go with me.

I met up with my high school best friend last night, and we played tennis at a school yard.  I talked her into playing on the slides and jungle gym!!  The slide was wet and we got wet butts.  She was paranoid, "Are we going to get in trouble?" We had fun, but she got a little scared of the heights.  She attempted the monkey bars too.  Then I went down a tube slide that was way too small for me, and hit my head on the ceiling.  ouch.

I have to admit, I've been continuing to cheat on my eating.  I thought I had it under control, but been too tired to look in the freezer to thaw anything for dinner.  So far today I'm 100% on!  must stay this way!!!

• Optigirl – good luck with the Dash I think it is this weekend … or do I have my days all mixed up.

I hope your daughter’s the drama settles down and that the ‘other family sibling’ is OK. Maybe convincing your daughter to do a little physical activity to burn of stress energy would be good for her. The Dash obstacles…while hard at times as you know, are somewhat safe…though occasionally, at times, there are injuries….we won’t focus on that.

Your comment... “I met up with my high school best friend last night, and we played tennis at a school yard.  I talked her into playing on the slides and jungle gym!!  The slide was wet and we got wet butts.”  She was paranoid, "Are we going to get in trouble?"

I love that… that is living…what life is all about…just be a little kid and have fun … push the ‘getting into trouble’ limit a little. Besides, that is why they invented the ability to post bail! 

I know you love living life and I see it in your posts all the time. That is the lesson I am taking from you right now!

Optigirl I know what you are saying regarding diet and cheating a little... My mind knows what to do but I am weak. Making progress … just not as pure as I want/hoped to be and I know it only makes my progress suffer. For me when I am busy is when my eating and even at times exercise goes to crap. Being busy should slow down in a few weeks when my daughter starts her senior year and other major life decisions with her are made.

All for now… be fun this weekend group!!!

I am not going to tell you that it will be easy ... I am going to tell you that it will be worth it!

• Nope, Warrior Dash is next weekend.  this weekend, we're going to Renaissance Fair. aghgh so excited!!  I made a pact with my husband.  The cheapest easiest accessible drink there is sassafras.  We used to drink it constantly in the past.  But he wants to remain soda-free and not break his streak.  So I told him that I will also refrain from drinking it, otherwise I WAS planning on having some since it was a special occasion.  So he said "Make you a deal.  If we get seperated, you're allowed to have some."  hmmm, so part of me wants to do that, but the other part of me says "you made a deal, don't break it on sugary water!"

I seem to eat good in times of stress.  But in happy times, is when I indulge.  I guess the reasons seem more valid that way... but still not an excuse.

• Got it Opti - this coming weekend for the Dash. That give you a little more time to figure out the costume items. Love the Renaissance festivals ... have fun and it sounds like the hubby is doing well with the new diet and I am glad for that and for the support you are showing him. Raining here so now outdoor play for me. Free day as well today...but I think I will lift a little for it has not been the best of weeks this week on the exercise side of things. Enjoy the weekend...Jeff

I am not going to tell you that it will be easy ... I am going to tell you that it will be worth it!

• Back from the Ren. Fair and I stayed Primal the whole time!!!  whoo!!  We were there for 10 hours, and I had no stomach promblems, headaches, feet felt fine, and I even wanted to join in the big dance at the end of the night.  All our friends that came were exhausted by the end, felt crappy, just sat there.  I think it was my diet that set me apart from them.  

i ate a big Greek salad, jerky, 1/2 of a honey mead, steak on a stake (this was my favorite, had to come back and order it again later!) cinnamon sugar pecans (eh diverting off Primal there) and my first regular potato in months.  I know potatoes are borderline since they're starchy, but at least it's not a grain or processed.  I ordered that at the end of the day with broccolli, and they put tons of broccolli on it, I think they wanted to use up their food since it was near closing time.  It was nice to see I had such a good opportunily to still eat veggies there.  I stayed away from all deep fried and breads.  It wasn't even  a struggle!  Someone asked me, "Why would you come HERE and still eat salad?" I just laughed and devoured it until the plate was clean.

no sassafras!  even when I had the opportunity.  We came home and I had Primal pizza (sauteed a bunch of stuff in a skillet, threw in  pizza sauce and cheese.  Then dumped it into a bowl and ate it.  now drinking tea.

•  Our Dungeon's and Dragon's group at the Ren. Fair

dressing up is a LOT more fun when you don't have to be insecure about your fat.  When I was heavier, I would try on things and get depressed 'cuz I just looked fat in everything.  Sure there are costumes that can hide it, but you have to try on a lot more and go through more frustration!

• Awesome job Opti. Love the garb!!!

• holy cow, we slipped to the 3rd page!

got our costumes for Warrior Dash!  Daughter is still coming, her ex-boyfriend or current boyfriend or I don't know what he is, is coming along to spectate (and I'll make him hold the camera).

Costume isn't anything spectacular.  I found funny printed pajama shorts at Target.  Matching basic tank tops, tights and knee hi socks.  I know the knee hi socks are done to death, but they match the rest of the outfit and it's really fun to shop for socks!!  All this was pretty inexpensive.

We also have a house guest staying with us tomorrow night, so this will be a full weekend!

• Howdy folks,

Been meaning to post for ages... studying, work, just not enough time in the day.

So the other day i went to Crossfit and part of the strength portion was gymnastics, so we did Handstands, Ring holds, and L sits..

my 3rd round i went to do a handstand, felt myself tip over to the right, no big deal, flopped over and my hand felt a little weird, not sore, just like a strange sensation, like i caught my findger o rsomething.

remember NO PAIN AT ALL!!!!

i looked down and this is what i saw...

Looks funky huh?

anways we poped it back in, taped it up, trainer wouldnt let me workout afterwards but i did the next day, yesterday and i will be in today, it's more sore(frustrating) now than it was when it happened.:-)

just thought id share that with you for an eewwww moment. HAHAHAHA

cheers folks.

• yeh, this isn't helping my long-standing handstand problem.  I'm glad someone was there to pop it back in for you.  If I were by myself, I would have freaked out, figuring the best thing to do would be to NOT touch it?

Do you have full movement in it again?  i'm playing with my finger joint right now and I can't imagine it going like that! Are you going to have xrays done just in case?

Definitely a nice memory though!

• Hey Carrie,

it bends and all that, so no drama, it really was just a freak accident, so dont let it freak you  out, my trainer has been doing this for years and years hundreds of clients doing hundereds of classes and he has never ever seen it happen.and honestly there was no pain at all, i kno wit looks insanely sore but it wasn't at all.

so handstands... i am definately going to do one today when i get in. just to make sure that i can, fall of the horse get back on logic... so i'm not going to let it freak me out.

and it poped back in sweetly. :-)

so.... go do a handstands... make it happen.

• Hi there,

I have created a support group on Facebook called Body for Lifers!

I have just started the Body For Life program (8/15/12) and know I need an easily accessible support group. I would really like to have a forum where questions can be answered, encouragement given, progress celebrated and ideas generated. I know that over the next 12 weeks it will be easy to get stuck in a rut either with eating or training and having a group of fellow Body for Lifers will be invaluable!

Come join us!

Laura

• Hey Opti so how was the PJ party Warrior Dash.

I hope you had a blast and got nice and dirty.

Not much new here.

Ten mile run in seven days...it will be a slow, no pushing it run for two days later I start my ~400 mile bike ride with my daughter.

Keep it strong group.

We'll let you know how I feel after the run; and Opti come on post some pictures up for us!!!.

• HELP!!!

I started the BFL program 9 weeks ago and I've run into a problem! I have lost all of about 2 1/2 lbs in 5 weeks. I've tried switching up my cardio as well as the weight training. I do my cardio days in the mornings before breakfast. I'm eating 5 meals a day following the food guidelines in the book with the exception of using the pure protein bars rather than the EAS for price. I am making sure I'm hitting my 10's as much as possible (it doesn't always happen, but most of the time it does). I realize the scale isn't the best way to realize change, but this is getting frustrating! I did BFL about 12 years ago and did lose the 25 they say most people can lose. I started this challenge about the same weight as I was back then and I'm STUCK!