Anyone of problems with constipation? Help!

• Hi all,

I've never posted but have to admit I have been 'lurking'...guess I was waiting to make sure I stick to it!

I'm finishing my 6th week and here's the deal:  I've had steady weight loss all the way through so far, and have lost about 12 pounds!  I've been really strict about my diet...too lax on the exercise part though and that's just My Bad...now more committed.

All of a sudden, my scale is STUCK...nothing...for like a week, which is really unusual.  Also my BM's have been sporadic, and though I'm drinking about the same amount of water, don't seem to pee as much either. 

Am I stuck ... literally?

I almost always eat the six...1/3 c. oatmeal plus small piece of steak breakfast; lunch either chicken or tuna with steamed broccoli lunch, dinner again chicken, maybe steak, with broccoli or carrots.  I use the Carb Lite Bars sometimes as snack or meal replacement if I have to, and usually have at least two protein shakes a day for snacks...I add one frozen strawberry and about a tablespoon of non-fat yogurt.  My cheating has been minimal...have a beer every now and then...maybe 4 total in 6 weeks.

Any ideas?  Do you think its okay to take one of those drink things...I NEVER have this problem, so its sort of new to me.  I feel sort of bloated and my stomach seems to be sticking out more than normal.

Thanks, guys.

Tammy - Atlanta

You Get What You Give -'... if you feel your dream is dying...hold on tight...you've got the music in you...you only get what you give.'  (New Radicals)

• You might be needing to eat MORE.  When I did weight watchers I hit a similar plateau after about 6 weeks.  Your body adjusts to eating less and weight loss stalls, especially if you're also exercising.  When I started eating more, the weight starting coming off again.  But I was eating more healthy stuff -- vegetables, protein, whole grains.  I find that eating veggies with extra virgin olive oil helps with bloating.  And if you need a quick fix, I find that McDonald's iced coffees are very, shall we say, cleansing -- not to mention delicious.  Finally, I do think you should take your cheat day.  I've only done BFL for not even 2 weeks now, but in all my other diets that have worked, occasionally revving your metabolism with more calories and a variety of food is essential.  Good luck!  

• This has actually been a historical problem with me, and for the most part, my BLF diet has cleared it up! That said, I do have bad food reactions, always have, and perhaps always will. I have to avoid dairy, enriched flours, and white rice. Even the brown rice from last night's dinner left me feeling "full" all day today.

I also have noticed that my hormonal cycle affects all of this (And guys, you have hormonal cycles, too.. they're just different than women's!) so I make sure to remember that and be aware of the bifference between when I'm feeling yucky because of something I ate versus feeling yucky because it's hormone time again.

Make sure you're drinking plenty of water. PLENTY.

And make sure you take your Free Day!

Keep with it! You're doing a good thing!

~Kimmie

C1W5D5

"The limits you are living with right now, in every aspect of your existence, have been created by your mind. They are perceptions. And they are holding you back. You are capable of far more than you think you are." -Bill Phillips

• Greens, greens, greens, did anyone post this? Eat massive amounts of greens:  kale, spinach, lettuces, chard, beet greens, turnip greens, mustard greens.  More, more and then more.  Then you'll be UNstuck!!

• Thanks all!  I posted a new one cause couldn't figure out how to reply (duh).  You guys are great and I will share my progress from now on.  Good luck to all of you too.

Tammy - Atlanta

You Get What You Give -'... if you feel your dream is dying...hold on tight...you've got the music in you...you only get what you give.'  (New Radicals)

• Hi myfitgoal..

I am in 2nd week now but like Lindsay I have tried other diet plans too important being naturopathy. This problem I have for years.

Try these things

1) Morning right after you wake up drink Two glasses of water and do slow sit ups (or Honey / Lime combination too)

2) Don't eat bread or sandwich.  

3) Instead of having raw vegetables try cooked or steam ones because they are hard to digest.

4) Drink like 4 liters of water. The hardest part for me too!

You should be fine just by using water in a better way. If the problem persist, I can refer some books and tell you what kind of food you can eat.

Loving Regards,

Divya S Selvan