Making the most of your day!

• Let's face it--in our "past lives," most of us just got up as late as we safely could, skipped breakfast, rushed around, and essentially just lived each weekday morning in a way that ended up being pretty ineffective. Then, we played catch up the rest of the day! 

What I've discovered from doing BFL for ten years now is that mornings are way too valuable to just get through--they are in fact the one area of our lives where we can create time and affect how the rest of our day goes as well. And living each day to the fullest is critical. Unless you do that, you are not really LIVING, you are just existing.  As the scripture says, "do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." In other words, tomorrow never comes--you only have TODAY!

The best way to jumpstart your day is to get up EARLY, and get going!  That is the ONE time of the day that no one and no thing will interrupt you or cause you to get off your schedule. I never have liked to work out early in the morning, primarily because I have had several injuries and I am not my flexible best in the early part of the day. So, I have elected to spend that  time by doing cardio, and  walking my dog George, praying for others, and planning the rest of my day. I don't know what the best use of YOUR morning time would be, but I do know that sleeping in should be way down the list. I'm all for being well-rested, but being well-rested does not necessarily produce a productive person.

It takes a while to get used to getting up early. By "early" I mean before everyone else in your house does.  It doesn't take long to get out of the habit. Those two things tell me that getting up early is both valuable and difficult. That means about 20% of you who decide to try getting up early will actually do that and will have a more effective life. About the same percentage of you will also see better results in Body for Life and all other things that matter from doing just that one thing--developing just that one good habit. The rest of you will vow to do it, manage to do it for a week, and then go back to your old habits. Come to think of it, that's about the same percentage of people who actually stick with a body for life transformation for the whole 12 weeks.  Body for Life is not easy. Nothing worth doing ever is.

• I agree! Although my husband & I are NOT morning people, it's the only time of day that "life" does not interrupt so we are up at 6am and do our workouts! (Also... My inner self talk guy isn't awake yet to try to talk me out of it like he does on weekends when I sleep till I'm done.) We are in our 4th week now and it really is getting much easier to get out of bed!

Live   Love   Lift!

Dee :)