Starting 10/7/2013

• So it's been 4 years since I last did Body-For-Life.  In 2009 when I completed my first challenge, I was by far in the best shape of my life.  I maintained that for a year or so, then slowly but surely have gotten off track.  I have gained all the weight back that I lost, plus.  It is very discouraging to say the least, but I am excited about the fact that I have the power to make a change.  One of the things I found most helpful was the encouragement and support I recieved through this forum.  If anyone has anything helpful that they can offer as I get started tomorrow morning, please post!  Here we go!

Brandon

• Starting today as well. Good luck to you Brandon!

Let's finish 2013 out strong!

• Brandon,

You like myself and many more on here, forgot the "for Life" part of the "Body for Life" and what a lesson it was for me!!

I have now completed many programs and have sometimes put back on ...I will call it WINTER weight...lol.  But, I have maintained exercising for the past 2 yrs, just to stay fit.  It does take hard work and determination to get leaner.. for me..

I am a Tax Preparer and during Tax season it is harder for me to workout, yet I try to get to my gym...in the basement...at 4:30am instead of 5:30am.  So to be honest my workouts are not as intense as they should be to get stay LEAN.  I still eat clean, but will be sitting for 8-12 hrs a day every yr from Jan - Apr 15th...lol.  Keep at it and do YOURSELF Proud!!

Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM

• Hello, it’s been awhile for me too. I first did successful challenges in 2003 losing 30 lbs in two challenges.  Like Blyons385 (Brandon) I too have gained the weight back plus a little.  I am taking back control and have also started a new challenge on 10/07/13.  I have had my BF% and Lean% measured through a Bod Pod and will have a follow-up at the end of my challenge.  I have dug myself into a ravine and I am ready to begin the climb back out.  I am with you….  :)

• Brandon, as I am sure you know there isn't anything you can really do about the past.  The only thing you can control is what you do today, and then tomorrow, and so on.  I was like you, did the Body for Life program in the past, only to let all my hard work disappear, slowly over time.   I recommitted myself on September 1.   I did not beat myself up, just made a promise to myself that I would take the necessary steps to get to where I want to go.  The thing I have to remind myself of, and Squid mentioned it already....it's for Life, which really is not a bad thing.   Good luck with your challenge.

• I started 10/7 as well, don't know how much I'll post but I will be reading this thread!  Best wishes on your challenge!

Sally-for-Life!

• Hi, Started 10/10/2013 never did this before.  I have been using the Advantedge carb control for my self but my two boys in football use the EAS for in between meals and workouts.  That is why I tried them.  I  have some coworkers that are going to do this with me.  I am looking forward to having more energy  and smaller jeans.  Good luck to all  

• I also started 10/7 also, and like Sally I don't know how much I'll be able to post, but I'll try my best. Have attempted four challenges but each time I got sidelined by acute tendinitis before finishing, longest I made it was nine weeks on my first challenge last summer. Hopefully the custom orthotics I ordered will make a difference when I get them in a couple of weeks.

When I started my first challenge, I was 230 lbs and 34% body fat. I'm starting this one at 238 lbs and 31% body fat, so I've kept some of my lean gains "on" and some of the fat loss "off" over the last year-plus, which is encouraging. I'm hoping to avoid any additional lean gains this time because of the strain the extra weight places on my feet and lower legs - I really need to maximize the weight loss, not just the fat loss.

• Thank you all so much for your posts.  Knowing that there are people in a similar situation encourages me as I move forward in my challenge.  One thing I do remember about the last time I did Body-for-Life is that the first week was the hardest!  Getting through this week as my body adjusts to my new eating habits and exercise habits will be a huge success.

• Wanted to start a challenge.  I think it is too late to finish by the end of 2013 though. I need to take a picture, but who buys newspapers? I haven't bought a newspaper in 10 years, at least how do you get your picture ? Did you go buy a newspaper. Or is there some other way ?  Thanks.  

• Hi guys, I loosly started this week doing the workouts and eating acording to the plan but don't have my daily logs all printed out yet, I really like having them.

My official date will be next Monday so this thread fits me good.  I did BFL and finished in 2011 with GREAT results.  It works.  If you look at my profile you'll see my past results.  Need to take pics and measurements for this one.  Oh joy lol.  

Good luck all.  

@ sally you don't need a newspaper just print out the kit and fill it in.  Take pics at home and stick them in your kit.  Your choice if you want to post them on your profile.  :)

LaurieLou

If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always have

• Hi fellow BFLers,

I just found this website an hour ago and have been wrapped up in reading all the motivating and inspiring posts.  Sign me up!  This will be my second challenge (last challenge I did was in 2007) and I am excited to start seeing the results of my new lifestyle.

When I did my first challenge, I used another BFL support forum that became instrumental in pushing me to reach my goals.  I recently started posting there again, but there are only a handful of members now and all of them seem to have excuses for NOT eating healthy and working out.  It's hard to stay motivated when your support team isn't right beside you experiencing the same successes and failures that you are.  

That being said, I started my "Becoming Superman" Challenge 12 days ago (Sept 30th) and have been going strong ever since.  I had a successful weigh-in last week, and Sunday will be #2 (I anticipate another successful weigh-in).

I know I have one week on this group, but I would love to take part in your challenge.  Good luck out there and keep hitting those 10's!

-Supes

• I lost 35 lbs 12 years ago. Ten years ago, I was 37, a single mom of four daughters, and had 6 pack abs.  The only thing that has remained the same is that I am a single mom with four, now pretty much grown, daughters.  Although I have never completed a challenge, I started BFL in 2005 when I had already been working out regularly, then again in 2011 when it only lasted for a couple of days. After taking online classes for the past 6 years and finally graduating, I need to find the motivation to get off the couch and to find the same determination I had 12 years ago.  Over the past few years, the weight I originally lost has all returned plus almost another ten pounds.  I know what I have to do, it is just doing it.  Good luck to all of you!!!

• Musume - You just have to plan, prepare, and succeed.  When are you starting your next challenge?  We're all here to help you reach your goals!

Today completes day 13 of my workouts.  Boy do I hate cardio.  I want to love it, but it's hard to convince yourself you love something so evil!  But, I did it....and now I don't have to do it again until Tuesday morning.

Can't wait for my weigh-in tomorrow!  Also looking forward to a free day, but more excited to see my week's results.

That's all for now.  Keep hitting those 10's guys!

• I've started the eating part today... no soda, plenty of water, healthy breakfast, lunch, and trying to figure out dinner.  I will start the exercising Monday.  (I've been doing things on and off but nothing consistent.).  My biggest food issue is I'm not much of a vegetable eater and LOVE my carbs.  I don't buy junk food, soda, or alcohol to keep in my house (except for an occasional bottle of wine).  I know what I have to do, it's just a matter of doing it!  Great job on your weight loss, Superman!