Anyone up for starting on 9/23?

• Hi there -

Done this before, but been way off the wagon for quite a while.  Ready to start fresh on Monday, and I'd love to have company -- anyone want to join me??

Whatever you can do or dream, begin it.  Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! -Goethe-

Discipline is remembering what you want :-)

• I would like to start on 9/23 but I am new to this.  Not exactly sure how to get started.  I am just navigating the website and trying to understand what to eat etc.

• I plan to start on Monday, too! I am so happy someone else is :)

• lotsocurl - we can learn together! This will be my first challenge and I am still not quite sure about everything. Just read the book and keep a journal. Planning is key. and you can always find support on here!!

• I plan on starting too, knew here to.  Dont know what to do though,

• Hi All!

So glad to have company :-)  The first thing you should do if you haven't is read the book.  It's a quick, easy read, and you can probably find it at your local library or used book store.  

In a nutshell, the exercise program is: Cardio intervals 3 x week (20 minutes as written, but I usually add a bit more warm-up/cooldown); weight training, alternating upper and lower body 3 x week - a five set pyramid for each body part - I plan to modify this a little for shoulders, bi's and tri's (I''ve had some injuries & I'm in my 50's - too much volume for me to do 5 sets of everything) and to throw in a little functional training.  

As far as I'm concerned, that is the easy part.  The eating is where I struggle.  Eat 6 x day: some carb, some protein, lots of  veggies, minimal fat.  One cheat day per week.  Where I usually fall down is with lacking of shopping/planning ahead.  I am also a stress eater, and I tend to self-medicate with food.  The good news is that if you do the planning and prep, you really do get to eat plenty, and so frequently that you shouldn't get too hungry.

So I would love to hear everyone's goals and expectations...

How much weight would you like to lose?

Do you have any other strength / performance goals?

What do you think will be the hardest part for you?

What do you think will be the easiest?

What behaviors are you going to need to change?

What routines will you need to develop?

What do you need support for from the group?

Are you going to do before/after pics or measurments?

That should get you started thinking.  I am going to think about it and post my own answers tomorrow.  Helen

Whatever you can do or dream, begin it.  Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! -Goethe-

Discipline is remembering what you want :-)

• I am going to get my goals written down within the next day.  I will let you know.  Karen

• I am really thankful to have a group to start with on Monday!  I did the challenge 4 years ago and the forum was a great support and very helpful.  Karen

• i would like to start tomorrow, but have little idea of what i am doing.   tips from anyone very much appreciated. is there online coaching available?   guenevere

hello,

miserably out of shape, and needing to make some changes. I wish to be in shape, for my emotional happiness and overall well being. 

starting 9/23/2013

• Hello! I'll also be joining in this week!  Looking forward to it :) -Jess

• How much weight would you like to lose?

Not quite sure. My BMI (22.3) is within the normal range. I don't really have weight loss goals per se, maybe 10 pounds. All I know is I really want and need to lose my stomach fat.

Yes. My main goals are to: tone up all over, lose stomach fat & feel better on a daily basis - I look forward to having more energy!!

A couple things: Finding time to prepare all of my meals (and to be motivated to continuously do it properly) & waking up at 5 a.m. to go to the gym. I am not a morning person. I'm the person who turns off her alarm when it goes off and knowingly goes back to sleep even when I have to go to work. I am going to try working out in the mornings so I can have more time in the evenings. Another really difficult thing for me is I don't like to eat a lot of meat. I used to be a vegetarian (not anymore) but I still don't like to eat more than, say, 1 piece of chicken and 1 piece of pork per week. It's going to be very difficult for me to get my protein in my regular (not mid) meals. Last thing - avoiding bad foods. It will still be in my house because my family is not doing BFL with me.

Nothing will be easy - though I think I really have the motivation to do this. I am relying on my motivation for this!!

Everything! Getting up early, going to the gym 6 days a week, stop eating crappy foods on a daily basis, stop eating when I am stressed and when I am not actually hungry.

Gym 6 days a week and planning and preparing my meals ahead of time.

Pushing through all of it - especially the eating part! I will not have full support at home so I will really need you guys to help keep me strong. It always helps me to talk about these things.

Are you going to do before/after pics or measurements? Yes and yes!

It's so wonderful to have a few people starting on the same day as I am! :)

• Helen & Karen - Since you are both veterans of BFL, could you answer something for me?

Is it ok to eat meals from the Eating For Life book? I've read many things on this forum saying "that's not good enough" and "you must eat cleaner for results". How did you both eat during your challenges?

Chelsea

• I am ready

to start tomorrow!  I am on my wat to the grocery store.  I am taking my workout clothes to work with me so that I can go straight to the gym after work.  I am excited to have a great first day!

I am starting out with small goals!  I would like to lose 30 lbs.

I think the hardest thing for me is going to stick to the eating and not cheat!  My goal is to get through this first week!

I plan on checking in here every night!

Good Luck everyone!

• How much weight would you like to lose?

5 lbs of fat minimum. 10 would be great!

I'd like to be able to do more body-weight centered exercises, I.e. push-ups, pull-ups, tricep dips, but my goals are more nutrition-centered. I need balance, my mood is much better when I'm not constantly eating sugar/fast food.

Planning ahead and making it through stressful afternoons without just losing it and grabbing a cookie or 4.

Lifting weights! Love it :) I will be using a specific workout plan that's not BFL, but nutrition will be BFL.

Eating out. Also drinking cappuccino every day. And kicking alcohol, but I've managed that before.

Cooking on weekends/mornings

Group spirit/ mentality :)  I might also just report what I'm doing/eating for a sense of accountability.

Are you going to do before/after pics or measurments?

Pics, I suppose. I'm less concerned with numbers. I usually judge myself by how my clothes are fitting :D

Ready to go tomorrow morning!!

• Wife and I are starting today! I like free day on saturday. Congratulations on your decision to take back your life. I'll be checking on you.