I hate my scale

• I have been doing BFL faithfully for almost two weeks now.  I did the challenge several years ago with great results.  This time I'm much older and I have not lost a pound since I started.  I can't remember how long it took last time to start seeing results but I'm getting very frustrated.  Before BFL I use to eat only once a day and I know this slowed my metabolism.  Is my body just getting use to eating regular again and thinks it needs to store calories incase I starve it again? Whats up with that scale? Should I just throw it away?  I need to see results soon so I don't give up.

• It's a 12 week program for a reason.  You have to give it time.  You can read multiple success stories on this forum or the BFL site all the time, and it's people who did the program for 12 weeks!  Your body is changing.  You may not see the changes, but that doesn't mean they're not occurring.  You change inside and out.  Stop depending so much on the scale to tell you the program is working.  Think of yourself like a caterpillar in its chrysalis, and you're waiting to come out as a butterfly. :)

-Mike

• No don't toss the scale on the other hand don't use the scale as your sole indicator of progress, (Bill Phillips cautioned against this in his original BFL book). Remember that many times intial weight loss is water retention weight and then after that it may slow down due to metabolic adjustment to your new regime and of course additional muscle weight.  How are your clothes fitting nowadays??? keep moving forward.

• I think this needs to be reposted!! And look at the words in red.....

I think it was in the Body for Life Champions book where I read that it takes the normal 6-8 weeks for men and 8-10 for women to really notice a difference.  There is always the exception to where you would see something sooner, and some would not see anything until the end.  The thing I tell my girlfriend, everytime she complains about her build and weight, is that this is a marathon not a sprint.  She quit smoking 4yrs ago yesterday and put on 20+ lbs the first yr she quit. She works out and eats the same way I do, but her body still is not use to not having nicatine and so she has not lost or gained any weight since.  Doc's tell her she is at her weight that her body wants her to be.  To me she looks healthy and great, but what do I know about women?...Not a Damn thing....lol  We just keep on keeping on...someday she will accept the way she looks...to me is BEAUTIFULL!!  Now I want my cookie....lol

Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM