Started 9/9

• Hi Everyone,

I started BFL on Monday and I am really liking it so far. I also like this website and the fact that everyone is so supportive!
    Is there anyone else who started on 9/9/2013 that would like to motivate one another? 

• Hi! Yes, I started on the same day as you. I've completed a 12 week BFL cycle before and got great results. However, I got back into my old habits and am starting new. I love the program and it works! Are you sore from your workouts? I am....but I like it, it means I'm doing something right..ha!

• Hi gabydoo!

I did BFL about 10 years ago and had wonderful success as well. I don't know why I didn't stick with it or why I did not get back to it sooner. At least we are doing it now right? I am a little sore from the workouts, but I know it's all for a good cause. How are your workouts and meals going?

• Hi there Shy.   I started a week earlier than you.   So far, I feel really good.  I haven't had any cravings for bad food.  I did however take advantage of my free day last Saturday.   The workouts have been good to this point....and I have yet to miss one.   It is a very simple program to follow.  I think we...as humans try to make it more difficult than it needs to be.   Good luck!!

geo

• Hi Geo!

I had a couple of bad days where I was moody and irritable.  Then I woke up this morning before my alarm and have had so much energy. I am really enjoying this! What do you like to do for cardio?

Shysweetheart

• Yes, there's no time like the present. My meals are going really well so far but I am looking forward to my free day on Sunday!! I think that's what keeps me going. I get up every morning at 5:30 to do my workouts and so far so good. My muscles are tender still but it will get better with time.  I am struggling to find second exercises for for muscle groups since I only have dumbells. Especially for the calves, hamstrings, back and quads.  what do you do?

I am having a dinner party tonight so I am a little worried about how that will go. I've never been one to drink very much but I am going to offer my guests all the fixings and dessert. I should be fine because I have the right mind set. I have to focus more on the poeple than the food ;) Hope you have a great week-end!

• gabydoo- There are many exercises you can do with those dumbbells.  Here are a few.

Quads- Dumbbell dead lift www.youtube.com/watch

Dumbbell step ups www.youtube.com/watch

Calves- Standing calf raise www.youtube.com/watch

Seated calf raise    www.youtube.com/watch

Hamstrings- Stiff legged dead lift www.youtube.com/watch

Dumbbell leg curl www.youtube.com/watch

Back- Dumbbell row- www.youtube.com/watch

Rear Delt Fly (works middle back as well was rear delts)-  www.youtube.com/watch

Incline bench row- www.youtube.com/watch

I know a lot of these exercises seem similar, but they work different parts of the muscles.  Also, holding the dumbbells in different position will change what muscles you are working as well.  For example.  During a rowing exercise you can change from a neutral grip as shown in the videos to a pronated or supinated grip and work different parts of the back.

Hope this helps!

Justin

• Woah! Thanks so much Justin. I can't wait to get home and check those links out. I really appreciate it :) Have an excellent week-end.

• For my cardio, I like to run.....outdoors.  It is an easy work out from the stand point that I can get home from work, throw on some shorts and shoes, and just go.   I do all of my weight training at the gym, so it's nice to have my cardio workouts outside.   Hope your workouts are still going strong.  I stumbled over the weekend, but I am back at it.  Quitting is not an option.

geo