Starting BFL 9/1/13.

• So I have decided to start the BFL program on 9/1/13.  I look forward to hearing from some of the veterans out here over the next few months. Your support will be appreciated.  If you have any advice, or pointers, feel free to drop me a line!

geo

• Here is your line...lol... ______________________________

Can't wait to hear how you are doing and what questions you may have for us!!

Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM

• First week of challenge is in the book.  My biggest goal for this challenge is to FINISH.  Along with that I would like to lose 25 lbs in the process.  My intial weigh in had me at 265.0 lbs.   This was actually a little lighter than I had anticipated, so I started off on the right foot.  

I hit all of my workouts for the week, and ate clean all week.   I actually need to make sure I eat a little more because I had trouble getting in all 6 meals every single day.   Better planning is required.   I did really good on my Upper Body Workouts, but my Lower Body work out left a little to be desired.  I will make a better effort to improve this week.

I weighed in this morning W2 D1 at 260.8...which is down a little over 4 lbs.  I am pleased with the result.   I am just going to take it one day at a time.

I will say that I don't find this website to be very user friendly.   I find the Forum to be great, but many other parts of the site do not work too well.  I plan on using this Forum as a "blog spot".  I hope everybody else is having a great day.

• Hey Good luck to you.  I started Day 1 strong but of course lost motivation to complete Day 2.  It's always fits and starts with me.  I'm all or nothing.  Perhaps I just need to go one day at a time.  

• Great 1st week.  Drop the .8 and it will be more motivating to see that you lost 5lbs...lol  Always drop the .x

Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM

• And we wonder why we keep getting fatter :-)

•  Blitz Box: Created specifically for Chiefs games, the Blitz Box is described as a super-sized Happy Meal and features two Quarter Pounders with cheese, two medium fries and a 20-piece serving of Chicken McNuggets, all for $14.99. A portion of the proceeds from each box will benefit Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kansas City.

Read more here: www.kansascity.com/.../mcdonalds-new-chiefs-promotion.html

• lol...I saw that on my local news Monday.  I can not see just 1 person eating that, but I have seen ppl eat a lot more by themselves, so who knows.  That would feed my whole family if we liked McD's

• Week 3 / Day 1   weight 263  up 3 from previous week.    No excuses.  I took a trip to see family in Chicago for a long weekend.   If week 2 would have ended on Thursday, my week would have been a success.  However, I made poor food choices on Friday...and Saturday...and Sunday.   Not going to get down about it.   I did go for a 5 mile walk/jog once I got home last night, and that did help me to refocus for the current week.  Old George would have looked at this past weekends blowout as a failure and quit.  However, I view it more as a speed bump.  It happened, and today is a new day.  Chomping at the bit....and a few almonds as I wait to hit the gym after work.

• Delayed update.  Week 4 / Day 1   weight 259 down 4 from previous week.  After taking a step back, I feel like I am back on track.  I can tell that I am getting stronger, especially with my cardio.   My clothes are fitting better, and my overall attitude is great.  I don't crave bad food during the week, but I do take advantage of my free day on Saturday.....although I don't go hog wild.   This will be a big week.  Can't lose momentum off of a great week 3.

• Awesome report....Great Job!!

• Week 5 / Day 1 weight 257, down 2 from the previous week.   Progress with the program is going well.  No dramatic loss, but I am on pace for my 12 week goal.   Had a chance to do a workout with my 20 yr old son last night.   He mentioned that it looks like I am slimming down, which felt really good.  The eating for me has been fairly easy.   I was hungry on Sunday night after my meals....but I drank 2 glasses of water before I went to bed, and was fine.   You ever notice how many food commericals are on TV?  I never pay attention, but they really stand out when you have hunger pangs.  I am at the point where I really don't have to think about what needs to be done, I just do it.  I look forward to my workouts, and feel better than I have in a long time.

• Week 6 / Day 1  weight 255, down 2 from the previous week.   Starting to sound like a broken record, but I don't care!  Still on pace.  I have been tracking my mile times since I started the challenge.   Six weeks ago, my fastest mile was 10 minutes and 56 seconds.   Last night I ran three miles, and all three miles was under 10 minutes, with my fastest mile being 9 minutes 5 seconds.   I love seeing the improvement.   It helps that I have dropped 10 lbs over that time.  It doesn't take much to get motivated for the next work out.  I am enjoying the process.   It would have been easy to quit after a bad week in week 3.  I took a step back, but I remained focused on my long term goals.   I am sure there will be additional bumps in the road, but as long as the positive days outnmuber the negative days, I am continuing in the right direction.

So this is my advice to anyobody who may read this.....if you have a bad week - don't give up.  Just have faith that if you keep doing the right things, good things will happen.  This program works, plain and simple.

• HA, you post as often as I do...lol

• Week 7 / Day 1 weight 254 down 1 from the previous week.  A little disappointed in the 1 lb weight loss. (Really induldged on my free day!  I was regretting it Saturday night)  I was getting used to the 2 lbs per week.   Started to take it for granted.  However, I did not miss a workout.   People at work are starting to notice the weight loss, which I have to admit is pretty nice.   It gives me extra incentive to keep this thing going.   I can't even compare how much better I feel today, than I did on September 1.  The difference is night and day.  

• Delayed post for my weekly update.   Week 8 / Day 1   weight 253......down 1 from the previous week......again!!!   I am happy with the overall continued downturn, but I feel like I have hit a plateau.   Not letting it get me down.   I think that the habits that I have developed over the last 8 weeks, I will be able to continue beyond week 12.   Looked at a picture of myself from last weekend, and I can really notice that I have changed over the past 7 weeks.  It's a great feeling.