My BFL Challenge 8/12/2013

• Today is the first day of my challenge. I am filled with motivation and conviction to begin this challenge. I am here to keep that burning desire for change. I want to feel like every week is that first week of a new challenge, where a person feels motivated and very much engaged in making a change.

• Hi Happymom, Yay!!! I'm starting today and was hoping there would be someone on the forums starting today too. I did BFL about 8 years ago and it was amazing. So excited so live / eat this way again. I'm going to do my UBWO at the gym in a few minutes and then home for hard boiled eggs, rice cake and tomatoes. I look forward to getting to know you (and whoever else decides to join us!) Mari

• Keep it up and keep posting when you can....

Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM

• I'm starting today as well, and am right along with you with motivation and conviction. Here's to a great day one!

Anne

• Thanks for the inspiration Squid (for those of you who don't know, he just finished a full round of BFL!)

Yay Anne! I was a tiny bit embarrassed grunting during my workout today on the 6 reps , but knowing you guys will be too makes me feel a bit better ;)

• Thanks for the plug maparra

Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM

• I need a group to chat with!!!  I started on Saturday, because I know if I waited until Monday I would just be putting it off.  I am sooooo sore today.  First time lifting in a while.  I may need some motivation here and there.  I hung a poster on my wall that says, "You can choose to be sore today, or sorry tomorrow"  So far I choose to be sore.  

Eating lots of hardboiled eggs and tuna.  Keep in touch.

• Mongo254...That is a good poster to look at everyday, including your rest days....lol

• My first day today getting started. I have a long journey but Im excited need to get a food menue plan to follow to stay on track..

• Hey guys! I started Monday as well; I'm over on the other side of the world so I'm a day ahead, but great to see so many people kicking off at the same time. Let's rock this thing!

• I have also started today too (technically). I met with a Personal Trainer (to make sure I was lifting properly) on Saturday and decided rather than move on to Week 6,  I would re-start with Week 1 lifting properly. She caught a lot of things I was doing wrong. She also agreed to do the EFL (Eating for Life) Challenge for 12 Weeks with me. 

• Hey guys! I have started the BFL today as well.  I got all of my measurements, BMI, body fat % and weight and can't wait to start looking better! I had my husband and kids take my before pictures and was actually quite embarrassed to let them see what I look like in a swim suit! 😖 I have posted the 12 week calendar by my bathroom, made a workout journal, subscribed to fitness magazines so that I can keep my motivation going throughout.  I want to look lean and toned.  Best quote for me today, "I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday!"

• I am glad to have some partners in this challenge. We will need to focus on keeping up the enthusiasm and motivation for the next 12 weeks. I have done BFL for 12 years off and on. I have NEVER completed 12 weeks. I make it to 8 weeks and then fizzle. I believe I fear getting to my goal and then having to maintain it. Now, that sounds stupid when I type it but I believe that is what is sabotaging me. I always get excellent results when I do BFL so I know it is the right thing for me.

By the way, I am female, 45 and a mother and wife.

Val

• ShaylaS I have the same quote on my mirror so I see it every morning.  I have the daily calender on my dresser in my bedroom. I cross off the day just before bed and give myself a rating 1-5 on how I did that day (Type A personality I guess).  I am a lot less sore today, but today is lower body, and I haven't done that since college in 1999.  Lord help me!

I am a Father of two, husband, and Police Officer who works 60ish hours a week.  Keep up the great work everyone!

• I have a kettlebell class this morning. That class always has me trembling with fatigue by the end of class. I have been doing kettlebells for 2 1/2 months now in place of BFL style lifting. For cardio I do long walks instead of HITT because the kettlebell class is so demanding I feel like it would deplete me so much to do HITT as well. I am really quite excited to see what my body looks like as the fat starts to fade and my (hopefully) muscles start to show. I can feel under the squish some nice firm muscles.

Mongo, Good for you. You don't let those long hours keep you from exercising and BFL. Hope you survived your LBWO!

VAL