UK Body for Lifer!

• Hi All,

Some 10.5 years ago I attempted the BFL challenge. I enjoyed it, although never put 100% into it. Despite that, I still lost weight and felt better. Fast forward 10.5 years, I'm nearing 40, I'm the most overweight and out of shape I have ever been and I've picked up the book again! I'm planning to start BFL within the next week or so. This time I am determined to follow the plan and this is my first step!

Its a shame the challenge is just US based now, but I'm hoping there are some UK peops on here also. Would appreciate any advice/hints/tips!

Damo.

• Hi there Damo...I'm starting on the 29th July and am from the UK...fed up of looking in the mirror and seeing someone i dont like....am currently 213lbs an 5ft 8..i'm 36 yrs old man so am out of shape..be great to have a bfl..uk buddy...let me know how things go.

• Will do mate, I haevnt started yet, I'm just getting my head in the right place before I start. From previous experience you need to 100% from day 1.

How did your first day go?

• Damo,

Don't take to long to get your head in the right place.  Since the first time I did this back in 01...I had plenty of things that set me back..took me a long time to get my head back in the right place.  I stayed with it for 2 more yrs.  Then things began to hit me.  Lost my Nephew in a car crash, my Grandmother passed away, lost my job, broke my ankle(no I am not a country singer...lol)....just started to give up.  Just 3 yrs ago...slowly but surely I started to get back to want I wanted out of life.  This round of BFL I noticed I had a mind shift.  It is also the best I have done at all things BFL.  Don't wait as long as I did to notice what you might be missing.

Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM

• first two days went well..little stiff after upperbody workout ..but enjoyed..cardio done today..eating clean so far so good...just grab the bull by the horns and go for it.

• Thanks Squid, your a great inspiration.  What did you find was your biggest challenge during your first BFL journey and what is the biggest challenge second time round?

• Hows it going Geth?

• My first challenge was I had nothing to workout with to start.  So I bought a bowflex, which worked out great for me. Work load.  10 hr days 6am - 4pm with overtime on weekends for 12 hrs shifts.  Had a workout partner and sometimes he did not show up.  Had to get the mindset that I wanted this for me, but back then I did not have that.  But I did do the full 12 weeks and did not miss anything.  I just went through the routine of the workouts and not really put in the effort.  I still looked great, by the looks I got on a Florida beach...lol.  Just was not happy inside with my results which is how things can go bad really fast!!

This second time around, I have been used to working out in the mornings by myself.  So that was the easy thing for me to do.  I hurt my knees on the treadmill, so I had to make a cardio change.  I would do Tabata, Hip Hop Abs, any other cardio dvd I had, plus in the late afternoons, my girlfriend and I would either swim, walk 4 miles, bike ride 4 miles, or my fav, walk 1 1/2 mile, swim for 45min, walk another 1 1/2  before going home.  there is a track by our local pool.  Our swimming was more water exercises than swimming, since I sink like a rock...lol.  Those were my challenges for the second time around.  I was going to submit my results for the competition, but I did NOT use ANY EAS products this time around.  Found products that are just as good if not better and in my price range per month...lol...sorry BFL guys...a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do.

Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM

• Yup, I'm in the UK too...