So is this site supportive of newbies or abusive to them? Just got this highly inappropriate, abusive reply to a post

• Is this what the BfL "community" represents?  I just got this response to a post requesting information on the potential negative effects of corn syrup products on Challenge results from a user calling himself "Charlie" (http://bodyforlife.com/community/boards/members/charlie/), whom I reported to the Webmaster.  Frankly, Abbott, if this is what the BfL "community" is about, why would anyone (especially someone new, attempting a challenge after a crippling accident) want any part of it?

Lol at Nathan. The guys post wasnt condescending. You're just a weak minded individual. And he didn't fluff it up for you.

How bout this. I dropped 130 lbs in 18 months because I made up my mind I wanted it. And I didn't let what anyone say offend me.

It took you 6 months to get over what someone typed on the Internet? LMFAO

You either want it or you don't.

• Corn syrup=bad.  They feed corn to cows to fatten them up.  So I would stay away from corn syrup.  In fact, anything with the word corn or syrup I'd stay away from.  I hope this was helpful and not negative.

• I would encourage you to read the original BFL book by Bill Phillips.  It answers all  questions like this very clearly.  As Susan stated, corn syrup = bad.

Good luck!

• Hi Nathan:

I haven't been on this site for quite sometime.  I did my first BFL challenge in 2010 and found these forums highly motivating and encouraging.  The person you are referring to above is a know-it-all and drops in from time to time just to stir up trouble.  He is rude, condescending and obviously has some serious issues.  You would not be the first person to report him; I wish they would make him leave once and for all.

As far as fructose, it is highly processed and needs to be broken down by the liver.  Other forms of sugar do not have to be metabolized by the liver, therefore go to the muscles for energy.  I say stay as close to nature as possible and try something like honey, agave, stevia, etc..... but still all in moderation.

Good luck to you with your challenge!!

Don't let trolls steal your thunder; you are bigger than that!!!

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• Greetings,  I want to Thank BDMOM for her input on this issue. I am not sure I remember this person but we really don't need that kind of input on this website. This is for moral support and constructive advice not for that kind of junk. I agree by the way with the stevial suggestion and have been using this in my one cup of coffee for over a year now with no ill effects at all. Keep MOving FOrward ALL!! (PS BDMOM, still working on my C4 entry this week that is why I am MIA on the other site for fitness).