2013 Summer Challengers

• Great job Caity!  You've done awesome so far!    Also, thank you for the kind words.  I was huge into this program for 2 or 3 years back in 2000-2002.  Came back to it in 2010, fell off the wagon, and decided to return again at the beginning of this year, so it's what I know in the world of fitness, and it's what I'm most comfortable with.  I have been using my kids to keep me motivated this time around, as well as my results.  The energy I feel is authentic.  I come into work in the morning, and I'm in a great mood.  People tell me "I'm too chipper" and I'm thankful to be experiencing another day!  Darn it, if I have to be at work, I'm going to enjoy it!  However, I only have the program to thank for that excitement.  

In regards to your feelings of being content, the only thing I have to ask is when you look in the mirror, are you ultimately happy with what you see?  Obviously your happy with where you're at, compared to where you were a year ago, but are you happy living life with the body you have now, or do you think you could be happier?  I'm not saying you've decided to stop the BFL program at all, as your post did not refer to that at all, and it sounds like you're still following it...just not posting as regularly.  I'm just saying, ask yourself that when you're contemplating whether or not you should be content.  Are you happy with what you see being your "Body for Life"?  

For me, I always see areas where I can improve...that would be the perfectionist in me.  But that's me.  I don't compare myself to anyone else.  I am who I am, and everyone else is their own person.  We all have to make the choice.  Regardless of your choice, I just want for you to be happy, and ultimately, it sounds like you're happy, so I'm glad for you for that.  It sounds like you've been given another shot at life, and you're taking full advantage of what life has to offer, which is the way it should be.

Great to hear from you again!

-Mike

• Those are really good questions to reflect upon. I am happy in the sense that I see how much I have acomplished and I don't feel embarrassed to be in my own skin. But I have not settled. I know that I feel happy because of the way I live, more than with the way I look. And if I give up, I will go back to how I was in my before picture and be unhappy with myself inside and out. I feel happy because when I look in the mirror, I see where I came from and where I will be if I keep doing the program. I know it is possible and I also believe it, where before I just didn't believe I could have the discipline to achieve results that I would be truly happy with. Like Bill says, I will just keep MOving forward!

• Caity,

Absolutely unbelievable job!  Your story has been amazing to follow!   You are such an inspiration to so many of us.  Keep up the great work and keep moving forward.

Rachel

• Day 2 of Week 11 for me here!  Summer is almost over, thus this thread will fade away, but my challenge isn't over yet, so I'll keep it around for a few more weeks!  Had 2 great workouts thus far this week!  Another day tomorrow!  Fighting some sweet tooth cravings early on this week.  Haven't had them this bad for a while.  Not sure why they're hitting me this hard, but I'm fighting them!  Only 5 more days, and I can have something sweet.  Already decided that I'm not having a full fledge free day this weekend though.  Probably just a free morning (breakfast).  Have to head into Week 12 full force!!!  Can't believe I'm this far along in my 3rd challenge of the year!  Still loving the lifestyle!

-Mike

• Finished Week 11 workouts!  One week to go!  Eating healthy for the day, and probably having a free meal tomorrow...not a free day.  Can't believe I'm down to one week left of my 3rd challenge for the year.  I received my school pictures this week.  Compared my new ID card to last years ID card.  What a wonderful sight...just in my face!  It makes my day to see those changes, and I'm forever greatful for BFL, for guiding me in regaining my health and my life.  Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

-Mike  

• Haven't lost much weight lately.  Ended up losing 2 pounds this week.  Nice.  Heading into Week 12 with all cylinders firing!

-Mike

• Started Week 12 out with a grueling workout!  Nothing like getting that burn right away.  I was up and at it at 4:45am, in the gym at 5:15am.  Now I'm eating for the day!  Excited about week 12!  

-Mike