The Light Bulb Moment Just Hit

• I have read half my book and will finish tonight or tomorrow morning but my moment hit me watching several videos on u-tube about body for life.  I actually was reading a post and one of them has a link to go to offering how to do the cardio part of this plan which led me to many different videos.  Listening to some of these stories it was like I was listening to them telling my story.  I finally get it, I need to change my life, my attitude and other things not just go on a diet.  I have never felt so inspired and energized  about a plan until I watched these video's.  I know 100% I will follow thru with the 12 weeks and if need be go on to challenge 2.  It's just such a great feeling of finally getting it and just feeling confident about doing this and how it is going to change so many different things in my life.  I just feel so excited about this and having this board for the support.  I know I will have weak moments of wanting to polish off a box of little debbies but instead of doing that I will come to this board and post even if it's 2am, may not get a response till normal peoples hours (hehe) but thats ok because I know I have people on this board who will understand, support and not criticize me for wanting to cave, what will happen is I will come back to these boards during normal hours and find people who have posted positive support, encouraging words and probably a funny story or two about some sugar monster story.  I just get it!  I can't wait for my journey to start monday, actually looking forward to a monday.  This is the start of total positive thinking and leaving the negative behind.  I feel so blessed to have found this board and the smarts to buy the body of life book.  Thank you to everyone who posts with encouragement, ideas, accomplishments, set backs, fears, just putting yourself out there always helps at least one person and I am one of them.  This forum rocks!

• Way to go!!!!!! It sounds like you have found what you needed to get you going. It takes something different for everyone, but once you find that thing............there is no stopping you!!!! You should print your post and any time you are doubting yourself, read it again and remind yourself of this moment and why you are doing this. Congrats on "getting it" and welcome to the forum!!

The only thing that can stop me. . . . . . . . . . is ME!!!!         JEN

• Thanks for the reply.  It felt really good reading this, everything I have read since "my moment" just seems to make sense now.  Like I said my 12 week plan starts monday but my new attitude started today.

• This is awesome, good for you!

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!

• landhippo aka Diane :) Oh my goodness, my heart is sooooo happy for you!!!! Once you start working this program, it gets even better believe it or not!!

Just plan, plan, plan and don't look back...keep going to the finish line!!

Please come back and share with us your success!! :-)

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• Diane another thing to consider is to change your screen name to something with positive energy.  LandHippo is cute, but also makes you think negative thoughts every single time you see it.  Or at least it would me.  The whole point in what you are doing is to make positive changes and those begin in the mind and in how you see yourself.  You are well on your way to making successful changes!! Congratulations!!

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Good Morning Michelle, actually Landhippo is our nickname for our english bulldog Sluggo.  When I see this name it brings a smile to my face because that is what Sluggo does for me.  A little info behind the name.  Several years back I had a grand mal seizure and went into a severe deep deep depression.  I literally laid on the floor and cried for many months.  My husband and son were beyond worried about me.  At the time I worked in financial aid at the college bookstore and my son would go to work with me (he was out for summer break) one day we started looking at english bulldogs online.  They have always been my ultimate favorite dog (actually owned one many years prior) long story short within a month we were at a breeders house buying Sluggo.  Having Sluggo forced me to get up take him outside to potty train, go on walks and just force me back into the living.  I have always considered Sluggo my therapy dog because he truly is behind getting me out of my depression.  Four years later and he can still calm me when I need it.  I understand peoples thinking that my name means I think of myself as a big hippo but that is so far from the truth.  Landhippo means I have come a long way since my seizure

• Awesome!!  I think that's perfect.  You see being where I've been, I've called myself some pretty wickedly negative names in the past.  Now I see myself in a totally different forum and light.    And my humblest apology to you for my inaccurate "assumption".

I'm actually quite thrilled to have you explain your nickname!    Your story has warmed my heart this morning!!  

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• No need to apologize, I truly understand why you would think what you did.  Honestly anytime I can talk about my Sluggo it does my heart good:)

• We will be on here if you need support! There is always someone on here to encourage. Even if it's 3 am. I know. I've tried!!  :)

Glad you had that wonderful "Aha!" moment!

Proud of you! and hang in there!

Stacy Lynn