Sayings or things that motivate you

•   

• Dallas Eakins, a head coach for the Toronto Marlies hockey team, commented on one of his players eating habits. He said, " the guy can go home, relax and sit on the couch and eat a bag of chips and some candy, or he can go home, relax and eat an apple and some carrots" Apparently the player showed up to training camp out of shape and a few pounds heavy. So if a professional athlete has to watch what he eats, we're no different.

• Nothing tastes as good as being fit feels.  (author unknown)

• Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right. (Henry Ford).

Every time I tell myself I "can't" lift that weight, I remind myself of that saying and give it a try. Most of the time, I find out that I can. :o)

• How about this one... Two seperate words make up the word Triumph..  there's the try (the effort itself) and then there's the umph ( the determination and sweat you put into the try) together they make the word Try umph (triumph).

• Ask yourself, "Who do you want to be today, the old me or the new me? "

(From Bill Phillips Success Journal)

Asking myself this question helps me when trying to hit 10's when working out and when I open our fridge and see that my wife bought ice cream sandwiches!

• Here's one I made up for those times where it feels like Im being pulled in 10 different directions, and not sure how I will squeeze everything in on certain days.  "I dont have to control the flow of the river, nor do I have to go with the flow, I just need to paddle my own boat".