MY START DATE IS 5/13/13

• This will be my second attempt in 12yrs.  The first time I did this program I was getting ready for my 20th (82') class reunion.  My buddy and I started in Jan 2001.  I have no idea if I even followed the program by the book, but I did follow it to where I was doing weights every other day and cardio on the opposite days.  I wish I could find my before and after photos from back then.

One thing I learned is that your second exercise is done only 1 time...lol  I never paid much attention to that before this past Sunday...lol.  I was doing 6 sets for the second exercise.  Sure is nicer to workout in less time, now that I know...lmao.

Now, I am going on 18mos of working out.  I have done many types of programs and have noticed gains where I wanted them.  I have also noticed struggles that I went through, but I sure have enjoyed my journey.  I have seen plenty of photos of everyone who has won and I know deep down that I am not in it to win it, I am in it to live it.  I am here for support and information from others like yourselves. 

Here are just a few pics. An after and a before.

Good luck to all of you who are competing!

Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM

• Last night while on a 5 mile walk, I stepped into a crossfit box.  Hummmm...was all I could think of...lol...Is that my next adventure?  Looked like fun, but it was stinking hot and the building is metal and not airconditioned....my kind of place...lol

Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM

• This morning was my 20 min cardio.  It was 5:30am and already 70 outside.  Humidity was just as nasty.  I don't mind it when lfting weights, but holy cow was that different on my lungs.....Whew....got er done!!...lol

• Found a leg ext for my bowflex...put that baby to use this morning.  Felt pretty good to finally be able to do extensions and leg curls.  Before that I was only able to do dumbbell squats, deadlifts, lunges...just about anything else but those.  Was surprised how strong my legs were.  I thought I would have some problems with the weight, but kept adding cause it was to light...nice!!!

• Did Tempo Chest & Tri's along with Temp Back & Bi's with Shoulder routine thrown in for fun...lol.  What a pump!  Great workout if you have over an hour to kill in the mornings.

Don't really know if anyone but myself reads this....lol...since I am the only one on this thread, but if any one has questions on what a tempo workout is...feel free to ask.  I am more than happy to answer any questions!!

• Increased my weight on my leg exercises this morning.  Was please with that since my Dr visit on Friday he asked if I ever had surgery on my knees and when I said no, he told me to be prepaired for it...gotta love the Docs...NOT!!!

• Greetings, Not sure it your Doc is being 100% on that comment. I have a verified bum left knee from injury in the US Army years ago and I have found that leg extensions and the various leg exercises in the program have actually stabilized and diminished the problems that I have with my knees as of late. I think he was just being critical or perhaps a little bit jealous of your efforts to date.  My doc was very impressed with my progress from BFL and told me to Keep Moving FOrward so to speak but at a moderate rate of course.  

• It was a VA Doc.  When I left the Active Duty Navy(Corpsman) in 91, I told the Doctor in my exit physical about almost blowing out my knees, continually, jumping out of the back end of a 5ton with full pack of gear.  He told me they looked fine and did not even look into my situation.  This VA Doc told me to not play softball or any sport that required quick lateral movements.  No problem there....lol  I do have problems with running, but not with squats or ext, or leg curls...just the impact of hitting the treadmill or pavement.  They like to buckle a bit.