Re-Start Today!

• Well, I originally started this challenge back on 30 May 2013, but a really bad sinus infection / bronchitis put me down for nearly a week and a half.  So, taking new photos, new body measurements, etc today, and I am restarting with a new date of today.

I am going to let nothing stop me from changing my life for the better.  Good luck to everyone else!

• Hello dmiller7,  I applaude your courage and resolve for starting all over again even though it was an illness that set you back last time.  Best wishes for you this time around and keep us all posted and ask for help , guidance and moral support along the way on your new challenge. Keep Moving Forward!!

• Why starting over? Is it for the sake of an official entry?

Sorry to hear about the sinus infection/bronchitis. I've had that before and it was brutal.

• BFLAndy, yes it is an official entry.  I was only 5 days into the other challenge before I was set back, so I am just starting the official entry over again.

• Well, here's to you and a successful challenge. My first week I kind of blew off because I was doing alot of yard work and landscaping, but I ate horrible and drank alot of pop. I thought about starting over completely, but I want to get two entries in this year and the only way to do that is just keep going. So, I'm just going to give it my all for the next 11 weeks. If I started over every time life threw a curve ball at me, I'd never complete a 12 week challenge. And, honestly that's what I've been doing for the past 14 years of trying BFL challenges. I would start over every time I messed up, because I have in my mind this idea of the "perfect" challenge as if it's the only way to make a decent transformation and have a "chance". So, I totally know what you are feeling.

But, my encouragement is to commit to completing the challenges you start. It's a vicious cycle to get stuck in if we don't. :)

Blessings and if I can help in any way with info or support, let me know. :)

• dmiller7,

I too am re-starting over.  I first started in Jan 2001...lol.  I got my package and did everything the book told me to do.  But, I was just doing it for me.  I got scared of the after photos and when I was done I did take them, I just did not do my essay to submit anything back.  I did however look awesome for my 20yr class reunion in 2002...lol.  Now after 11yrs, Ii am back to get fit and stay fit.  You can do it too. For the contest though, my before pic is healthier looking than my original before pic back on Jan 2012.  I have gone from 184 - 149, back t0 172, but with more muscle...lol

Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM

• My challenge is a little more different than everyone elses to some part.  Instead of trying to lose weight like most people, I am trying to gain weight and muscle mass, but at the same time, trying to keep my 8% BF that I am curently at.  I have been skinny all my life, and at the age of 37, and 113 pounds, it is time to change all of that for the better.

• You still need to eat your meals every 2-3hrs.  With more calories going in for 2 months, and workout heavy and fewer reps and might want to add more sets to the second exercise to the same muscle group.  Since it does say 2 exercises per muscle group, do the 2nd one like you would the 1st one, 6 sets.  On the last month, you will need to cut back on the weight to show off those muscles.  Cut back on the calories and lift lighter and follow the program as designed.  You will look awesome on day 84.

Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM

• BFLAndy, you make a great point there.  I'm so encourage by your post-good luck

• Good luck to you dmiller7, I've just started the program and have a thread called "Starting June 10" but I'm sure this will be a great 12 weeks for you