Starting The Challenge June 10, 2013

• Well, I blew it.  I did okay my first 6 weeks, a little ahead of my 3 lbs per week weight loss goal, but then I got side tracked, stopped working out and starting eating junk again, and over the next 3 1/2 to 4 weeks gained it all back.  I'm going to recommit, and start a new 12 week challenge shortly.

I was feeling so good at 6 weeks that I rationalized a couple Cokes one day, a McDonald's meal another, and that's all it took.  I just fell fully back into those bad habits and began having more of those and other things like pizza.  Clearly, I need to look at this Challenge as the beginning of an entirely new lifestyle, and not even consider those old pleasures as options, rewards or anything.  Even during the first six weeks, I would have done much better had I not used the Sunday rest days as excuses to gorge or close to it.  Again, a lifestyle change is needed, beginning with the gym workouts and dietary changes, but then continuing with those and not looking back.  

• Ugg...Hey Nater, I posted a message here but it sidnt seem to take. The jist: I blew it, I'm starting again, i'm going over to BFL Warriors. They seem to have a great support group. Maybe I'll see you there? Very best wishes to you.

Somewhere he is out there training while I am not, and when we meet, he will win.” - Tim Tebow

• Hi Mom2Boyz...I was one of them that started the challenge with you June 10th...I kinda slowed down and didn't work out or eat perfectly in July while my boys were home.  Once they got off to camp I got back in the serious mode.  But of course weight wise I am at the same exact weight I was in beginning of challenge.  I just continued on challenge and will add weeks to it.  I pray that I start breaking this cycle.  I know the forum is an important element, so I am looking for a new thread to hook up with.  I will check out BFL Warriors too.

BTW, I have thought of you and wondering how you and your husband are doing?

• Thank you for the thought's Shelleystime. We are doing good. The final results are a precancerous condition that we are trying to control with diet. The condition cannot be changed or removed, but we can reduce his risk of it progressing to cancer through diet. Unfortunately the cancer has a 0% survival rate so changing diet has been our number one concern. We can reduce his risk to like 1% by making the changes, and he has to take medication every day. It was a shock but we are staying focused on what we can control and are actually taking control. People with this condition that progress are the ones who refuse to change. My husband is not one of those people, and I definitely am not one to sit back and let him be ;-) See you on BFL Warriors?

Somewhere he is out there training while I am not, and when we meet, he will win.” - Tim Tebow