Starting The Challenge June 10, 2013

• Good luck, it's day 2 and it's going pretty good for me thus far.  I hope you are having a BFL kinda day

• Kermienme - Feel better! and when you are ready to start again Join Us! In the meantime I could use all the encouragement I can get!

Everyone - Alright so here we are day two, and I have a question. I already eat pretty healthy, I just need to stay out of the sweets at night and watch my dinner portions. With that being said I haven't changed much about how I am eating except I stopped putting creamer in my coffee. (saves me like 150-200 cals depending on the day) I am SOOO tired. Like talking out loud in the car in the morning telling myself not to close my eyes tired. I fell asleep at my desk yesterday and took a nap in my car today. I NEVER feel like this. Now I only drink about a quarter of a cup of coffee because I don't care for the taste without the creamer, and I used to drink at least 2 cups a day. Could decreasing my coffee intake really be making me this tired?

Somewhere he is out there training while I am not, and when we meet, he will win.” - Tim Tebow

• RunnerGirl2 - Keep up the good work! Starting strong!!

Somewhere he is out there training while I am not, and when we meet, he will win.” - Tim Tebow

• MOM2BOYZ are you also working out in the morning?  Who knows, maybe the lack of coffee is it.  I use Fat free coffeemate (just a splash) and that works.

I think we should briefly report on our daily activity.

DAY TWO- did my cardio @ 5:45 AM 2min quick walk,2 min speed walk, 1 min slow jog, and repeat 4 times for 20 minute.  Preety good work out.  Eating very well...no BLTs (bits,licks, or tastes) of anything other than my planned 6 meals.

I posted on the "kitchen" forum and asked for advise on my menu.  I was advised to cut out bread (even whole wheat) for carbs and have either oatmeal, fruit, or almonds or small sweet potatoes.  I will work on adjusting my food menu.  

Plan for tmw is workout at 6:00AM for lower body.

Let's hear from others and how they are doing.  It's great to post even if you are doing perfectly..or if you have doubts.

• Mom2boyz:;;if you're a caffeine addict like me, probably will take a while to ween yourself off of it... I haven't gotten tired yet...I drink a cup of coffee in the morning, but I've been drinking water all day...I drank my myoplex this morning and I'm thinking about drinking one for dinner..I actually have had an energy burst..not sure if it's from all the vitamins or water, but I feel great!  I am really sore though from doing my upper body workout yesterday..guess I did it right..

You'll probably start to feel better as the week goes on..and you get adjusted..it's a whole new set of habits now..

Good luck! I hope you feel more energetic tomorrow!

• Runnergirl...I understand the whole not over exercising..I felt like yesterday and today..I didn't do enough..but it says in the book to not overdo it...it's been programmed to everyone that you have to really work hard and exercise for hours to get results..but in the book it says the opposite!  I'm just going by the book...I can't wait to see results!!

• I started yesterday too. I'm looking for support, so I'd love that! That's great that you already love exercising. Me, not so much, so staying motivated to keep at the workouts everyday is going to be my biggest challenge. Although I can say, the two days I have completed so far haven't been terrible like I expected. Best of luck to you!

• I'm with you AK28Star! I really struggle in my motivation for exercise.

I have done really good the last few days with my eating healthy although I have come in so low for my calories that I added creamer back into my coffee. I feel SO much better today.

We got some really upsetting health news for my husband and that put a kink in yesterday for working out. Really struggled with just keeping my emotions together and didn't work out at all :( Emotions got the best of me today and I think working out tonight might be exactly what I need. Will probably help with stress and allow me to sleep. Still doing good with my eating which is HUGE for me, since usually when I get stressed I eat anything I can get my hands on :-) Definitely a step in the right direction.

• Thanks Mom2Boyz for the information, I'll check that out.

• Mom2boys, prayers for you and your hubby. Remember, in order to care for him you must take care of yourself first. I hope the workout helped you.

• Ugg...no, just kept crying. I even sat way out in the outfield to watch my sons baseball game so that no one would see me cry. So far this morning I have been able to keep it in. My youngest has T-Ball practice today so my plan is to do my workout outside in the sun while he is practicing. Usually I just read so this will be a good use of my time. Thank you for the prayers.

• How did everyone do yesterday?

• Thought I posted a reply yesterday..but I don't see it..anyway..this is for you MOM2BOYZ.... you clearly have alot on your plate.  I hope that BFL will be something that you can look at as controlable  at a time that seems out of your control.  Look,we are all new to each other here, but this is probably the safest outlet for you to share your emotions.  Feel free to.  I wish you and your husband all the love, support and miracles that you need.

• Mom2boyz..my prayers are with you...

• Hey there Shelleystime, glad to see you are on here. We have so much in common, I just turned 46 in May and I have two daughters (grown) but I am at 189 or I was on Monday when I started this program.  It is my first time and I am giving it 100%.  As of this morning, I've already lost 4lbs so keep up the good work and be encouraged.  We are in this to win it