Starting The Challenge June 10, 2013

• Hello to all my new BFLF's out there, I was introduced to this book just last week and immediately made the decision to start the challenge on June 10.  I read as much as I could online and then went to Amazon and ordered the books used, super cheap and in NEW condition.  I am enjoying the good read, I have a hard time putting them down. 

I must be truthful, last Wed when I was introduced to the program I was scheduled to run my 11th half marathon that weekend (which I did) but on Sundays as soon as it was over I began to eat everything I knew I wouldn't be able to eat for 12 weeks and I haven't stopped yet.  I know my days are limited and I normally don't eat this way-it's just a mental thing for me.  I love exercising (weights and running) so I know I will do great in that area.  The book has taught me that I need more free weights and not as many machines and cables.  I guess what I'm trying to say is that the book has taught me the correct way of doing it.  I did a dry run yesterday with one of my gym rats so I'm ready for Monday mornings workout.  According to the few people I've chatted with on the forum, I should cut my long runs down.  Does anyone know how long I should make my runs?  I'm talking about in minutes/hours.  I love to run but now that I don't have any marathons scheduled for the summer months there's really no reason for me to run more than 5/6 miles.

Hopefully any of you that are starting the challenge on June 10 or for the June 10 Challenge, we can start our own little support group here and encourage one another.  (Share idea's and recipes with each other)

Good luck to all of you and I pray we all have great success.

• I'm starting June 10th..:)

• I hope you guys don't mind but I'd like to join in on the 10th of June with you.  

• Angelpants and RunnerGirl2, I know we can do this. I'm pretty excited about it. I'll be updating my profile over the weekend and will get some before pics done as well.  

• I would love to be the fourth wheel in your group if you don't mind.  I plan on starting June 10th as well.  This will be my second challenge.  I completed the first challenge the end of April.  I can do better, so lets do it together!

• I'm starting June 10, 2013.  I'm nearly 6'3" tall, 286 lbs, and 51 years old.  Hope it works, but I'm excited.  I used May to gradually get ready by doing some light cardio and push ups and sit ups and such, since I didn't want to dive right in to heavy workouts unprepared at my age and weight.  I'm feeling ready, so here goes.

A question:  I'm planning on doing the nutrition and workouts exactly as in the book, unless someone has suggestions (and I don't want to do anything contrary to the Challenge requirements of course), but I am concerned that every week I'll just be doing either upper body or lower body/abs once; wouldn't it be better to maybe double up on say Friday's third weightlifting workout of the week and do all body parts that day, so every week I get two workouts in for everything, and maybe just alternate which body part I start with on Monday's first workout?  Or is that counterproductive?  I welcome any input/insight.  Thank you.

• Count me in!  :)

• Me too!! Ready to rock!!

• Just signed up for the challenge with June 10 (tomorrow) as my starting date, came to the forums and found all of you ready to start the same day. I am long overdue for change. I would love to be part of the group!!

Somewhere he is out there training while I am not, and when we meet, he will win.” - Tim Tebow

• I am 35, 5'3, 155lbs. My goal is to lose 20 lbs and have the energy to run around with my sons. I checked the book out on a whim at my local library and I guess the whole concept just clicked. It's really the first diet that has made sense to me and felt like the amount of time required was realistic.

Runnergirl2: As far as your running question...according to the BLF website runs can be kept down to 20 minutes, with using interval paces to get the most out of it. If you go to Library - Exercise - Cardiovascular then you will see a chart for an effective cardio workout. This made more sense to me then the book description did.

Nater: Although I do not know from personal experience, from what I have read through other people's success, the weight schedule is very effective and doesn't need altered. I also found the instructions here on the website easier to grasp then the book. Go to Library - Exercise - Weight-Training.

Somewhere he is out there training while I am not, and when we meet, he will win.” - Tim Tebow

• hi all June 10th starters..you have another member on board.  I'll give you a little background about myself and why THIS TIME IS GOING TO BE DIFFERENT!  I am 48 years old, I too have 2 boys (11 and 14), and am a nursery school teacher.  My weight has slowly crept up in the last few years, even as I've made decent attempts to lose.  Within the last 3 years i lost weight and then gained back and stopped working out for about 2 years.  Finally in January I started BFL challenge and was working out, eating well and on the forum daily...i was happy and felt I was going in the right direction.  Unfortunately by week 7 I was 3 weeks late with my period, probably boated and when I went to the doctor (everything ok) and I checked out the scale..to my horror I had GAINED WEIGHT!  I was so upset...that no matter how I tried I just felt defeated.  Then i started again in April, but have been so consumed with my weight gain, that my heart and passion had not been in it.  I went to the dr to make sure it wasnt thyriods for the weight gain, and it's not.  Now I have regrouped (mentally) and decided that maybe 85-90% is not enough. I need to be 100% in everything.  I am motivated to re-examine everything I've been doing ...and start again.  My weight is now up to 189...............horrified by that.........but I must move on and make this work.  this forum is an imprtant element for me.  I hope to find support and lend support.  I will check in almost daily.

• p.s. I have read about how for women then last 8-12 weeks are when things reve up, and I recognize that I never really gave it a chance.

• Hello everyone!  I am new here as well and I have decided to start tomorrow, June 10th!   I already have my meals and workout planned and I am excited for a new beginning.  This is my Birthday month (I will be 44 in a couple weeks)  and I have decided this will be a birthday present to myself!  I might even ask the hubby for an elliptical machine, as the treadmill gets very boring.  Also, I have dealt with a torn ACL for the last 24 years and I think it will reduce my chance of re-injury.  

So here I go!  No excuses!  That's my new motto!  

Good luck everyone!

• Yes, I have read that also, Shellystime. Did you take photo's as the weeks progressed?  Photo's say a lot.  If you feel that you may want to give in again, please let us encourage you not to.

• I am starting June 10 as well. :)