How bad do you want it...

• I have seen people come up with all different types of excuses on why they can't change their life for the better.  I work the night shift for the Navy, and finding time to eat healthy, sleep, and get to the gym can be rough, but if you really want what you dream, you have to go after that dream with all your might, and let nothing stop you.  After getting home from my work shift (6:30p-6:30a), I made myself my breakfast of two eggs, turkey bacon, orange juice, and a greek yogurt for some probiotics in there as well.

I then went to sleep for about 3 hours, and then got up and went to the gym for about a 45 minute -1 hour workout.  I then came home, fixed lunch, and went back to sleep for about 2 1/2 more hours, and then ate dinner, and got ready for my night shift again.

It can be done if you plan out your day, and your meals ahead of time.  Most people would have quit, but I desire the change to gain muscle mass.  Within the first three days, I have already noticed an 0.8 pound increase in muscle mass.  Doesn't seem like a lot, but if you start to add that up over twelve weeks..... 

Everyone keep a positive mental attitude, and your dream always within your sight, and by the end of the twelve weeks, we will all be stunned on how far we have come in just a short time.

• I want it bad! It all starts from the inside out!

• Amen to that one!  Best of luck to you.  I want to see you as one of the 2013 Champs.  Keep us informed on the progress.

• Wow, that is dedication! Thanks for sharing, I will be thinking of you during those times where I feel like slacking for no good reason!

• You are so right dmiller7 - if you want it you will find a way to do it. My co-workers are always amazed when I get up for a run at 1am or even midnight so I can squeeze it in before an early flight. I don't know why they think it is a big deal - this is what everyone has to do for anything they really want.

• Great post dmiller7!  Bill Phillips mentioned in the book that nobody has time to exercise.  Everyone has full days with plenty of built in excuses.  You have a great attitude and that attitude will be rewarded with great results!  Keep going, you can do this!

• Greetings ...About excuses I heard one time.....If you have to MAKE and excuse then perhaps it isn't really a valid excuse afterall ....is it???  Just a thought on that one.

• Thank you Dmiller7! I am going to push myself HARD! I just rented my locker at the on-site gym at my work, scheduled my after-photo session with a photographer and bought some new Nike running shoes and my biggie work-out clothes!  I hope to see you as a champion too!  Good luck and push yourself harder and harder! I will as well!

Angela

• So true WPBill!  Another great quote... "You can have results, or you can make excuses.  You cannot have both."