Not a typical "start" day

• But, I am starting fresh today. There is no time like the present, it is said.

A bit about me. I am 36, married with two young sons. I am a full-time pastor in rural South Dakota.

I am starting back to school in the fall for my seminary masters program and have dedicated this challenge to being as healthy as I can get before starting back to school, knowing that a healthy body is tied to a healthy spirit and mind.

I usually have no problem once I get going, but my biggest struggle has always been staying on track with the nutrition. And once I get off with the nutrition, I end up getting off my training plan and back comes the weight.  At my heaviest, I was 270 and managed to get down to 220 at one point this past year, but have been fluctuating between 230 and 240 lately. I would kid myself that if I was still in the 230's I was doing okay, but I weighed in this week and I was 245! Enough is enough! I can't continue to live this way. My ultimate goal is to be under 200 lbs and in a size 34 pant or lower and claiming victory over these bad habits so that this can become a lifestyle change.

Ready, set, go!

Andy

• Good luck Andy!  You know you can do this!  And for what it's worth - today is always the best day to start!