Anyone starting 5/20?

• I am using this week to plan and get ready! Anyone interested in joining me for 12 weeks? I am 38 year old woman with about 25 pounds to lose. Join me!

• Hi specialkal,

I'm a 37 year old woman, aiming for a start date of 5/20 as well.  I ordered a load of EAS products via Amazon over the weekend and they arrived already!  I still need to have some preparation time, mainly to reread Crossing the Abyss and have my goals and expectations clearly defined for myself.  I had my body fat test this weekend and I'm at a (whopping) 45% and 215 pounds...  what a rude, rude awakening.  I really feel as if my life depends on a major lifestyle change.  I also need to take my before pictures and measurements.  So much to do! I'm slightly overwhelmed but need to remember this is a process and "planning"forever is not an excuse to avoid making the actual changes.

I'd love to hear other's reasons for the challenge and ANYTHING else you'd like to share,

Joy

• Hi specialkai  and Joy,

Very interesting that you girls are my age! I am 38.  I did the Bodyforlife back in 2001 and it really works!! I got terrific results!  I stayed in good shape for years, but gained some the past 2 years.  I have lost motivation, but yes, it IS a lifestyle change.

I am hoping my fiance does it with me. Wedding is Oct 5th, so yea, really motivated now!

• Do you mind if a male joins your group? I did BFL about 8 years ago and loved it. I became very active running several 5ks, a marathon and many 1/2 marathons. This last year I've really slowed and feel it's time to get back to the weights and watch what I eat. My goal will be my 26th wedding anniversary on August 1st.

• Hi People, I'm also starting 5/20. I've attempted the challenge 4 times in the past 10 years but never get past the 4 week point. Much of that was due to lack of support from family and friends.

At 47 I have come to a crossroads in my life and and am determined to finally complete the challenge for myself, support or not (i would love the support tho)

Gail

• Absolutely not...lol...of course you're welcome! :)))

• Hi Gail,

That's really hard when you don't have the support of those close people in your life.  I have a very supportive husband, but my friends often are not the healthiest people, so I know what you mean.  I think this is a great place to come for support and look very forward to getting to know you over the next several weeks. :)

Joy

• Congratulations on your engagement!  I have a feeling that this lifestyle change will not only benefit you on your wedding day, but will make your marriage so much more rewarding.  At least that's what I'm hoping for in my marriage. ;)

Joy

• good to see everyone!

I am getting ready . gotta get my body fat tested, throw out food and buy healthy food, any suggestions about getting prepared??

GOOD LUCK!

• I would love to join you guys! I am 42 years old and need to lose about 80 lbs, it will be great to go through these 12 weeks with a support system!

• Everyone ready for tomorrow? I am worried about the meal frequency. I keep reading all of these studies that say meal frequency is not important (as a matter of fact, some studies show intermittent fasting to be very effective) and I am wondering how critical it is. LOL, here I am not even started and wondering if I can tweak the program :)

• Hello! i am starting the program tomorrow, may i join the group?  i am 42 yo and want to get into a size six again.  My BMI is 26.5 so i would place my goal to loose 20-25lbs.  My challenge is going to be sticking with it long enough to see results.  i was also curious if people are planning to eliminate all alcohol for the duration of the challenge?  i thought about only allowing it on the free meal/day.  would love to hear others plans and strategies around this.  

• Oh!  I'm starting tomorrow too!  I am turning 47 at the end of this month and I thought this would be a nice birthday present.  I completed BFL 11 years ago with amazing results and have gained back about 20 lbs - so I'm ready to go and get back into awesome shape!  I have tried several times to do BFL again and have not made it past week 4, so I'm hoping, if I join a group, the accountability and encouragement will help me stick to it.

• Hey Gail!  We have two things in common:  I am also (almost) 47 and I have tried several times to complete BFL and couldn't get past week 4.  So, let's commit to finishing together!!!

• I'm in.  Week 3 and turning 50.  22 lbs. to loose.  Just wrote a whole post and hit cancel by accident grrr.  will write tomorrow.  My computer is about to die.

Kim