Exercise

• Hi there,

I have a question regarding the exercise routine. Can we perform other activities such as playing squash, doing spinning classes and other types of physical activities or must we just stick to this regime? I currently exercise twice a day, 2 hours broken down into 1 hour sessions. The reason I'm asking is that I really enjoy taking part in the classes they offer at the gym and love being active. I also do have the time to exercise for more than an hour a day and do it more for the enjoyment I get and the awesome feeling afterwards.

Obviously, I will adhere to the BFL Exercise regime, but just want to know if I can do more than what has been specified.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

• From my personal experience you can but with several precautions:

- There have to be ample rest in between activities.

- You have to stretch well before and after all these activities and drink more water than needed for BFL

- You might need more food but you will have to listen to your body on this one.

- You will find that with exhausting certain muscle groups during additional exercise that this group will not respond as efficiently as it did the previous time. Don't push yourself to a limit where you'd get injured.

Remember to stretch well.

• It really depends on your situation and your goals.  Your body needs time to recover, so staying active is great, but you don't want to add intense workouts to the program, it works as designed.  If you're in shape and just love working out, then go for it.  But if you've been exercising for 2 hours a day and you have weight to lose, then that wouldn't appear to be working so I would suggest trying BFL as written.  Good luck!

• Personally I think it's OK as long as YOU don't feel like you are burning yourself out. I hiked occasionally (when my legs weren't sore!), gardened, mowed the yard, played disc golf, raced cars, walked my dogs, took yoga classes, and did all kinds of other things. Take your downtime as you need/want it. Rest on your free day. Get your 9 hours of sleep per night. The spin class might be the exception; I know that is designed to push you, so make sure that doesn't tax your system so that you aren't getting the most out of your lower body workouts or your cardio.