Starting on May 6th. Anyone interested???

• Free day. Tomorrow I am going to do a kettlebell class. I get a free week to try it out. I am excited to try something new.

Rick you are doing excellent. Great job!

Val

• I hope you enjoyed the kettlebell class Val. It is always fun to try something new!

• Way to go Rick - I like protein pudding too .... my husband thinks it is gross. I make my own most of the time but by the little cans of ready to eat protein pudding for travel and when I don't have any made (it is meal 6 most days for me). Homemade is better but hey pudding is pudding :-)

• Good morning all....everyone still going at it?  Today is day 29 and the beginning on week 5.  Memorial Day weekend was tough for me; did all of my workouts but diet was definitely lacking.  But a few bad days won't stop things.  I'm looking forward to the next 8 weeks.  Would love to hear from anyone out there on how you guys are doing.

Nicole

• Well, how this guy is doing ranks somewhere between pitiful and pathetic.

Was starting to get my meals back in order, then was hit by a double-whammy of relationship issues followed by getting laid off. Emotional eating took over from there. I've wiped out what little progress I'd made since the start of the challenge.

My focus right now (besides trying to get a new job before my severance runs out) is working on strategies to handle my emotional eating "triggers". If I don't learn to deal with those, I could have a fantastic challenge only to wind up back where I started six months later because I let the latest round of stresses get to me. Trying to "willpower through it" - even when I have willpower - is not going to work long-term.

Does anyone have any recommendations for good books or online resources along those lines? I'm currently working through the chapters on "Overcoming Emotional Eating" and "Rewiring Your Sugar-, Fat-, and Salt-Loving Brain" in Bob Greene's The Life You Want, and I'm finding some good ideas, but I'd welcome other suggestions too.

• Hey everyone!

How's everyone doing?  I'm down 10.5 lbs since we started, and have only missed 2 cardio workouts due to travel.  Eating has been consistent, except for Memorial Day, but oh well, so I had 2 cheat days in a row.  It actually cost me a little in that I didn't lose that week, but by Saturday morning I was right back to where I was the Sat before.

OK, here's my cheat:  I start my off day at 5pm on Saturday.  And I take my off day seriously.  I eat bad things, and then eat some more.  I usually feel like crap Monday morning, but then I get back into it.

But hey, it's working.  2 lbs per week average.  I know that the last few to come off will be harder, but 5 weeks into it and I'm half way to my goal of dropping 20.5 lbs. - while building muscle.

I know it will work because it did 12 years ago.  Same starting weight, same goal.

Hope everyone is having fun and hanging in there.  Good luck!!

• Congrats 2 puttBirdie, sounds like you're doing great!  mstickles...you have a lot on your plate, I hope that you're doing better and that you're still taking care of yourself.

I'm still here and plugging away.  Weight loss hasn't been significant (the scale has not been my friend) but I'm not letting that get me down.  Clothes are a little looser and I feel great!  I have stuck to the morning workouts faithfully - my struggle is still the diet.  But I'm in it for the long haul and hope to see something amazing at 12 weeks.

Good luck to all of you - here's to our 6th week!

Nicole