Starting on May 6th. Anyone interested???

• I started my first body for life program on Oct. 31st, 2011.  Did three programs in a row and lost a total of 60 lbs. Continued working out, but lost most of the basic habits of BFL.  ie. planning and documenting my meals.  I haven't gained anything back, but I am still not at my goal.  I want to look like the other challengers and champions in the book.  Clearly defined muscle definition.  I want to see my abs.  Never seen them before.  Decided to get back to the basics and start doing what I know works.  I'm looking for folks who want to fight the good fight and support each other. I'll be planning my program for the next few weeks, but on May 6th its blastoff time.  Anyone want to go for the ride?

• HI, Im with you on this. I just signed up today to give this a try for the first time. I used to be a gym rat, for years I looked great, but over the past two I've had such emense stress that I lost my focus. Im really to get back to me and feel happy and healthy again.

• I'm in. This will be my third challenge. My first started great but only lasted nine weeks before I had to drop out with acute tendinitis. I started my second in such rotten shape that I've had to treat it primarily as a rehab and warm-up session for #3. After 9-1/2 weeks I'm finally able to get through full workouts without injury again, so I'm ending C2 a bit early this week to start C3 on the 6th - that will let me finish C3 within a couple days of my 50th birthday.

Currently I'm a fraction over 230 lbs and about 27-1/2% body fat. My "shoot for the moon" goal is 195 lbs and about 12-1/4% body fat, which would fulfill my dream from last December of losing 50 lbs of fat by my 50th birthday. That means losing 40 lbs of fat in 12 weeks, which is a big stretch but not impossible. At a minimum I want to get back below 210 lbs to get the strain off my weak ankles and knees (which is why I hope to lose fat while not gaining lean mass).

• Hello -- I'll join you, Vincent91 and jennuinpa. I was a BFL Finalist in 2005. Still "in shape," relatively speaking, but dealing with some extra roundness lateley that's really getting me down. I feel somewhat trapped in my body and not as energetic or motivated as I used to. I also want to make my doctors eat their own words ("Well dear, as we age, those extra pounds are inevitable...". Why? I sincerely believe that, even at age 50, I can be lean and toned. It may be a little harder this time around, but I'm up for the challenge. I know I'll need some moral support though... so that's why I'm here. Shall we?

• Oops -- missed your post when I replied, mstickles. Woo hoo, a fellow 50-year-old! I'm psyched!

• jennuinpa:  Glad to have you onboard.  So this is your first time.  Excellent!  Sorry it took me so long to respond.  I'm looking forward to staring again.  Its been a while since I followed the basics of the program.  Do you have the Champion's book?  When I first started the program I took a month to plan it.  I've been so busy lately I haven't even worked out, let alone plan.  I'm going to try and do that this week.  Have you started planning?

mstickles:  Sounds like you and I are in the same boat.  Been through this a few times and had some success but not quite at the "dream".  I started at 310 lbs and I'm at about 250 lbs now.  My goal is 215 lbs and 10% body fat.  I'm 47 and I have a goal of being in the best shape of my life by the time I am 50.  At least that's what I wanted when I starting BFL in 2011.  Haven't thought about it for a while.  Funny how goals gets lost in the "whirlwind" of life if you don't have them in constant focus.  

rrengegade:  A finalist!!  Wow, glad to partner with you.  I am in total agreement with your response to your doctor's comment.  Everyone is ready to feed you lies...although they mean the best.  One of my biggest inspirations is Dr. Life.  He won the challenge years ago at 57 and now he is in his 70s and he is in the best shape of his life.  I read his book.  Its awesome.  Everytime that small voice in my head trys to use age as an excuse I just pullout my Champions book or look at the pictures on BFL website.  Those pictures are the truth.  Those people are the living proof.  All I have to do it believe that truth and live my life like I believe it.  Glad you are with us.  

OK, we have four so far.  Maybe more will join.  This week I want to encourage you all to plan your program.  Here are some questions I've prepared for myself as I think through and plan my program.

How will I motivate myself?  (Need as many ways as possible)

Where will I work out?

What source will I use to record my workouts?

What source will I use to plan my meals?  Will I plan by week or day?

When is it really hard for me to stay committed to my eatting plan?  What emotions am I feeling?  Is this craving an emotional craving that will go away if I focus on something else or is it true hunger?

How to I plan to get my goals and dreams in focus?

Who can partner with me on this journey?

What website will be helpful to me during my program?  i.e. BFL, myfitness pal, ect...

Well, happy planning everyone.  If you struggle at all putting together your plan let us all know so we can help.

• Hello, I am from UK and am trying to get everything prepared to start soon and think I will be ready by May 6. I think if I get preparations done then it will give be better chance of success. I have done the challenge once before and lost 7% body fat but I fell back into bad habits, I believe I was around 28% BF and think I got down to around 21%. This was several years ago but i didn't continue on with it after the 12 weeks. I remember feeling so good after the 12 weeks. I felt I looked better as my stomach seemed so toned and saw my abs for first time. I still got to get some gear for running in as think I'm going to try that for my cardio this time rather than cycling on the gym bike which was what I did last time. I have bought myself a 2nd hand multigym that is quite a good one and I can even do leg press on it i think. I ordered some things from My protein website last night as cannot seem to find eas products over here, and think "my protein" is more reasonably priced. It will be good to find others to encourage each other as i planning to really go for it this time. I hope that i can make this a part of my daily lifestyle rather than thinking of it as a 12 week only. I still have to do measurements and photos. Hope to stay in touch with anyone starting next Monday.

• Hi Emmy, welcome aboard.  Yes, you can do it.  Sounds like you made some great success in the past.  I find that planning is the big part, especially the meals.  I've never see my abs.  I'm hoping that this will be the 12 week program that does it for me.

rrrenegade

mstickles

jennuinpa

Are you all still in for starting next Monday?

• I'm in- Lord help me!  I just signed up for the challenge for the 2nd time. The last time, however, was almost 12 years ago, so I was 24, single, relatively thin and worked part time in a gym, so life looked a little different back then!   :)  This time, I'm 36, married with a 10 year old and a 2 year old, and my hubby and I are on opposite shifts, so my schedule is nuts.  Plus, I have 3 herniated discs in my back, so I have to be alot more careful about how and what I do. HOWEVER (that's enough whining!)  I am ready to ROCK this challenge!!!  I know I have it in me to stick to this again, I just need a little motivation and accountability- and a plan!! I can't continue at this size and feeling the way that I do about myself.  

I need to get my measurements done, and my grocery  list figured out by the weekend. Anybody going to be preparing meals for kiddos too?  I struggle with dinnertime in a bad way!!  

See y'all in the trenches!

• I just might try to start May 6th as well, I'm going to need a lot of help to stay with it through :(

• Im also in the UK Im in! :)

• I'm in. I am so excited that I can start this program. I haven't done any exercise lately. I would like to do this program again.

Catherine

• Catspajamas76...great to have you.  Dinner is the worst for me.  I can go all day and eat well, but then dinner hits and I always seem to eat more than I should.  Then I sit in front of the T.V. and spend the rest of the night fighting cravings.  I usually lose. That is going to be one of my big hurdles.  Glad to see you've started planning.  That is a big part.  I struggle to plan my meals.

• Glad to have you on board diamondkitty.  What are you doing to plan your program?

• Alright Little Elephant.  Get excited because your life is going to change.  What are you going to do this week to plan your program?