Starting Today

• I did this program five years ago with much success.  I am hoping I still have the motivation this time around.  I have never used the forums before, but I'm hoping that in my hours of weakness, the power of the people will help.  Good luck to anyone who is staring today as well.  I look forward to tracking others progress for inspiration.

• Hey, I want to jump in with you, I like the fact you've been successful in the past. I tried starting up with a group last month but everyone bailed on me within 10 days. If ur in this for the long hall I am to. I once ran a marathon, I know how helpful it is to have a support group to work with throughout the challenge. Best of luck, I look forward succeeding with you!

• i had luck with this several years ago also. i'm hoping this time is no different. i just don't know what products i need. like, is the carb control products still available? i'm trying to tone up and build lean muscle. can anyone help? or, should i avoid processed foods?

• Great. I'm in it for the long haul.

• I don't think you technically need anything. I think they probably want you to use some of their products, but I read yesterday on their site that you can substitute another whey protein and just add the complex carbo to it to make like Myoplex. I am, sometimes concerned with eating a lot of synthetic foods, but when eating 5-6 meals a day, it think 1 or 2 a day is just a lot easier.  I usually eat food for breakfast, drink a protein shake as my second meal (which usually falls after my workout), eat food for lunch, eat some kind of bar for meal five, and food for dinner. Honestly, I don't usually get meal six in as it is just too late for me to eat. That's just my two cents for whatever its worth.

• I just started yesterday and this is my first time trying the diet and I'm in it for the long haul too :)

• In the official challenge, you have to use at least one EAS product to be eligible to compete in the contest.  I tend to use Myoplex Original for a meal replacement, for two of my meals.  I only typically eat 5 meals in a day, but I also have a protein shake right before bed to tide me over until the morning, and so my body has plenty of protein readily available to build muscle.

• Ok. First off, is there a quick way to log on or do you always go through registration? How is everyone feeling? Although the scale is not on a drastic nose dive, I feel really great today. I have not really been hungry for the most part. If I struggle it comes between the 4 and 7 range.  Next question, in the sample menus, is that breakfast burrito really for 1 person? 4 eggs, 4 sausages 2 whole wheat wraps? Feel like it's a lot of food?? I'm really trying to ramp up my water drinking. I remember this helping quite a bit.

• It's breakfast, so I don't think it's too far off, since you want to start off with good protein and good carbs.  I question the 4 sausages, but the 4 eggs sounds fine and the 2 whole wheat wraps would give you about 40 carbs...I usually try to get about 35 carbs for breakfast.  I would probably only use 2 sausages though, but to each their own.

• Thx! I cut the whole thing in half! Do you vary ur carbs based on the time of day? Sounds like a good strategy.

• I tend to eat more carbs at breakfast.  Meals 2-4, I stick around 18 to 20 carbs.  Meal 5, which is dinner, I usually don't have any, unless I know I'm going to be awake for a while.  My meal 6 is a protein shake right before bed, so I don't have carbs then either.  Not sure if this plan is a bad thing.  It seems to work for me.

• I'm starting tomorrow.  My journal was delivered today.  I did this years ago and lost a few pounds, but didn't really see much difference.  I think maybe I didn't work out hard enough. And I had one of the approved desserts at night.  I wonder if I shouldn't have eaten that close to bedtime.   I think I better skip my 6th meal this time.  My husband works late so we don't have dinner until 7:30 or 8:00 alot of the time.  We are having a pool put it that will be done in about two months so that is my goal.

• Hi everyone!  I also started on 4/8 and would love to join this forum.  I could use all the motivation I can get.  So far I don't think I'll have a problem with the workouts but the eating is so hard for me.  I'm a die-hard sugar fanatic and have been getting these bad headaches in the late afternoon.  Probably from sugar withdrawals.  I know I just have to hang in there and get past it until my body adapts though.  I also think I need to ramp up my weight lifting a bit more.  I wasn't sure how heavy to lift for my first upper and lower body workouts so I only got to about a level 8 on both.  I'll be sure to increase my weights for the next round.  How's everyone else doing?

• I'm glad we are gaining people in this group. I really feel inspired by others experiencing the same thing. Hang in there S96766. It gets much easier after your body gets used to no sugar. Also, could it be from lack of caffeine? As the inches start melting away, you won't even miss it. I remember the first week being the most difficult. After that, it becomes habit.  In the beginning, I remember needing that off day badly. Focus on that in your low points.

• S96766, I can totally identify with your love of sugar, I'm right there with you, it's a daily struggle for me not to go hog wild and tear into a box of Oreo's. My diet was a little off today, but I don't feel to bad as my sugar and overall calorie intake was relatively low. Although I did not get my official cardi workout in, I did push mow 2 good size lawns and washed my car. Hopefully this was equal to, or better than the 20 minutes of cardio.