Brand New! Need some help...

• New to Body for life.  Found it doing an internet search and I have been sitting on the fence for the last couple of weeks.  Yesterday I decided to start today!  I did my first workout this morning and feel great!  Sure tomorrow I will be sore.  I feel like I understand the exercise portion however, I am confused about the nutrition.  I saw the food list and week 1 meal plan. But I don't understand the portions - i.e how much cottage cheese and berries?  Are there other weekly list? 

I am really excited.  I feel like I am finally going to loose the weight and get healthy!

• Awesome! This is a really great program and I feel good almost all the time since I started. With stuff like cottage cheese and yogurt, I use a measuring cup to scoop out one cup as a portion. With other carbs like potatos etc. The rule of humb is to have one that is about the size of your fist.

I would highly suggest getting the book, it really lays it all out nice and simple. Plus it gets you really motivated whe you read it. You can download it straight to a kindle from amazon! Its super easy.

• I am wondering how to print a log for the exercising and food. Can someone tell me how to do this. I want to keep track of everything and make sure I am doing it right. I don't want to use the mobile app. How can I chart stuff on my computer and print it out?

• Congratulations on joining the Challenge! You can get the forms right off this site - bodyforlife.com/.../tools - Progress Reports and Success Journal. There is a lot of great info under the Library tab besides the tools - make sure to check it out!. I made my own spreadsheet in Excel for tracking my food and kept track of calories on that sheet. There are many additional sources on the Internet for portions, nutritional info and counting calories. I used Calorie Count and Nutrition Data. I kept my calories around 1300-1450 daily.  Keep up the great work! You CAN do this.

Carolyn Aragon

Body-for-LIFE Champion 2012, Women 46+

• thank you so much!!

• You are on the right track! I recently posted a video I made on how to make a journal with all the worksheets. You can see it if you search for caitlinrice413 on youtube.