Starting a BFL CHallenge on 8th April to 1 July 2013 Anyone want to join this thread/group??

• Greetings Fellow BFL Forum members,   I will be starting my C4 (fourth) BFL Challenge on Monday the 8th and was wondering if anyone would like to join this thread for mutual support and guidance along the journey. (You can view the results of my last challenge at WPBILL,just remember the photos are reversed though, sorry about that one).  I wish all who undertake a Challenge the best results this year and hope some will join in on this thread. Keep MOving Forward!!

• I would love to start that day with you. I need the motivation because of an hetic schedule. I done this last year and loved it.

• I started on the 8th too. I would love to join this thread for motivation and support! This is my first time doing the diet, but I'm really excited to begin.

• I also started on the 8th.  This is my first time doing this program and I'm very excited.  I know I'll definitely need help and motivation for the eating part though.  I love to eat!  I would love to join this thread and hopefully we can all keep each other in check and motivated throughout the 12 weeks (and beyond)!  What are you guys doing for cardio?  I have an elliptical that I used this morning but I'm wondering if maybe just going outside and jogging outdoors would be better.

• Greetings to all of the new BFL team members on this thread and WELCOME.   Please ask for advice and support as you feel the need and we will all pitch in to help as best we can.  For my Cardio I used last year,  the elliptical (thanks for helping me to spell this one),  the treadmill and reclining(sitting) lifecycle bike and sometimes the rowing machine there at the LA Fitness gym I go to .  Jogging and running are not for me(I did that for 10 years in the Army and it really didn't help me out except with knee and foot problems) but I do realize it works well for many folks so as long as you can vary your pace and reach the HIT levels have at it!  Perhaps at some point we can all post a sample day for dieting(food life style changes new word for that one) to help each other out with suggestions on how to vary things and still eat clean.  Just a suggestion for consideration on that one.  I am keeping a BFL Success journal and entered my food choices and results there today  as well as my first UBWO today this morning at 5am  (I actually got it done in 47 minutes this time). Keep MOving Forward and keep in touch all!

• I think posting sample diets is a great idea.  I could always use more suggestions about what to eat.  I'd really hate not to succeed just because I was bored with my food.  Today I had plain non-fat Greek yogurt/berries/walnuts for breakfast.  Plan on having Myoplex shake mid-morning, grilled chicken and spinach with salsa in an Ezekiel pita for lunch, nutrition bar mid-afternoon, turkey burger on half Ezekiel bun and steamed broccoli for dinner, and some protein pudding for my last meal.  Luckily I love plain yogurt and simple, steamed veggies.  Unluckily, I can't stand oatmeal no matter how much I try to eat it.  I also love my Success Journal and have been using it daily since the start of my journey.  Can't wait to see it packed full of my notes and thoughts at the end!  =)

• Ugh...I'm having kind of a hard day today. My job is fairly stressful with mostly good days but some bad days mixed in between and today happens to be a piety bad day. Usually I reach for a big diet coke and some chocolate to help me deal...I broke and got the DC...I'm kinds feeling bad about it. What kind of coping skills do you guys use for cravings and emotional eating?

• Greetings shannanigans and everyone here,  Don't beat yourself up about the DC , we all slip a little now and then, what's important is to get back on that horse (the challenge I mean) and ride again.  I did answer your questions about which EAS products  I like and use.  In fact yesterday during my dietary line up I used the EAS Betagen , the RTD shake (after a workout of course), the EAS lean bar (one before a workout with a full glass of water and Thermal CLA (GNC).  I started the day with one hard boiled egg, and two whole wheat toasts , vitamin(GNC Sport type) and water. mid morning I had a two egg omelette with low fat mozzarella, 1/2 stick and onions, 1/2 of an orange and coffee with splendra and 2% as well as water and my second vitamin,  for lunch:  water,a tuna salad sandwichf(low fat mayo, lettuce and onions) on the whole wheat bread and a banana (small one) before workout a glass of water, Thermal CLA  capsule and a Lean 15 EAS bar after workout  water and a RTD EAS SHake vanilla advantage type, and for evening meal Eas Betagen full glass, hamburger well done, chunks no toppings, yellow rice and veggies (correct portions, hand and fist size as in the book).I hope this helps some of you out.  By the bananas and low fat cheese are in the book , but not on some of the lists given here. (always a debate on this one each time).   I use fruit, cottage cheese, nuts and other recommended items to help with cravings especially at nite.   Keep Moving Forward almost time for my LBWO today a date with the squat machine today is in my future.   Use a belt and gloves if you need them (I do, got one bum knee and my back has had problems in the distant past).  

• WPBill, you sound like you've got it down! :) Thanks for your tips and encouragement? Hey I have a question about your thermal CLA. I've just been taking regular CLA what do you think is the difference?

• WPBill, thanks for the great ideas on meals.  I'm wondering how much is a "serving" of whole wheat bread?  Is it just one slice or two?  On the packaging the serving size always mentions just one slice for sliced bread but both sides of the bun for buns.  I've been using just one slice (or half of the bun) as a serving but wasn't sure about that.

• Hey WPBill.. wow did my last weight workout for the day my UBWO.. oh my goodness my LBWO kicked my butt on wednesday.. not so use to all the soreness legs felt like trampalines..lol... but i made it thru and i have one more day then i completed my first week.. woot woot.. its so exciting for me considering all things.. little goals make all the difference in the world.. My first goal was to complete one week.. I almost there.. Hope everyone is having a great day to the beginning of the weekend..

• Greetings Fellow BFL Crew,   Shannigans,  The difference between the two CLA's is that the Thermal CLA has certain elements to elevate the metabolic rate a little more (caffeine adrehouse, capsain etc).   I did finish my first LBWO yesterday and I am feeling some of the effects today but thankfully the EAS Betagen is helping me along that I have taken with some of the stiffness and soreness involved. Still I think I did great on the Squat machine with my last two sets (6 and 12 of 400lbs and 380lbs for a start this week.  I am also incorporating a new technique in my forward lunges where when I reach the down position on each side , I do a slight side bend in that direction slowly and back up to work the obliques as well try it out (recommended by a book called THe 6 Types of Lifting by a Mens Fitness author). Today I am going in for a cardio day with the LifeCycle bike (HIT) and some supplementary few exercises in trouble areas I have (three tops). Way to go for hanging in there everyone for this first week.  The Journey of a thousand miles begins with but one step!  Keep Moving Forward everyone and watch that form, speed and timing as well while working out. (two up and four going back down).

• We did it! Survived first week and free day tomorrow. Good job everyone! Will have to try hard not to completely undo all the hard work although I must say it does feel great to be working out and eating clean (even if just for a week so far) and that does help motivate me to at least keep it semi-healthy on the free day.  Have a wonderful Sunday everyone.

• Greetings Fellow BFL Thread team members,  How did everyone do on their Week 2?  Mine ended rather well and I am starting this round with much higher weight levels than I thought I could without injury or undue soreness (The EAS Betagen each day at breakfast or in the evening does help me out though). I am adjusting to doing the two workouts each week in the early AM and really am starting to like the early Monday morning cardio that I do (My week goes from Wed to Monday due to work limitations). I have tried doing the Lunges with the extra dip and like that, two exercises in one that way. Some folks at the gym thought it was a great idea as well. Still tough for me on the tread mill though , that last minute at an Incline level of 6.5 to 7 at a speed of 6.5 to 7 is a bit tough at the end.  How are those cravings going?  Remembe if you fall of the horse, just make a note of it, resolve to do better and climb back on an continue riding folks.  Keep Moving Forward everyone and keep in touch!

• Hey guys, I have been absent from the forums lately... I just wrote a post on what i've been dealing with the past few weeks.. if you have time maybe you can read it and give me whatever advice you think is best :) Needless to say, I've been struggling, but I haven't given up..

bodyforlife.com/.../6924.aspx