Starting Monday 1st April. Join me for the challenge!!

• Just fueled up myself.  With a crazy work schedule right now, if I take 15 minutes to eat at my desk, I like to jump on the forum.  It gives me 15 minutes of healthy food and healthy reading... kind of keeps me the in right mindset.

I workout in the mornings, and usually work late into the night, but when I read posts I find myself wishing is wasn't 16 hrs until my next workout!

Tim- my legs are sore too.  I love it.

• Just went for a fast fast walk, beautiful day today.  I'm pretty new to this so I don't really know/understand all the rules.  When you do your weight lifting, what intensity level are you supposed to be at on the 12,10,8,6 reps.  It sounded like someone said they were at a 10 on all of them.  I think I'd die if that were the case!  I've been working up and am at a 10 on the 6 reps with the heavier weight.  

Thanks in advance for the help~

• Hi tcalwillson. Welcome to the group. To understand the Body for Life exercise process and to ensure the best chance of success for the 12 weeks, I suggest you purchase the Body for Life book by Bill Phillips. Its got all the information you need and answers your questions. Also get the Success Journal from Body for Life to help you with your daily planning. Amazon does a pack of three of his books, which I have purchased in the past and they are very good. Spend a few days reading them, then plan your diet and exercise schedule. If you have any further questions, I'm sure any of us on here would be happy to answer them for you. We have a really good group here.

Had a great UBWO this morning. Hit my 10's for each one, and just downed a Myoplex. Feeling great!!! I have a 15min walk each way to the gym in the morning, and on my way home I pass a supermarket where I stock up on my food. I always figure shopping at that time after a workout you won't be tempted to buy anything crappy and it works really well. Plus I get 30min of walking each morning.

Happy Friday everybody, and all the best with your workout today.

• Last night I happened to think - I sure do hope my posts were not depressive!  I realized I've been living with the reality for so long it has become commonplace for me and certainly not meaning to.  Faith that brings peace, but maybe not coming across and will strive to remain positive on here!!!

Tim - I'm not getting as sore as you are!  Although I do feel muscle pain and can tell my body has been working.  I'm probably not working as hard as you are - still trying to figure out what I am capable of and can do without injuring myself!!  Reading how you are doing motivates me to push harder!

Tomorrow is my first day off - surprisingly, I'm not sure what I want!  A few of the foods I have been missing are really not too bad - a big bowl of fresh berries and yogurt, peanut butter toast.  I think I'll go for a big juicy hamburger with a thick slice of onion and tomatoes, pickles, lettuce, ketchup and mustard.  Mmmm that sounds good...

What's everybody else having??????

• Oh - meant to say - Tcal....I agree with Tim, get the book!!  I love it!  I bought mine at the half price book store, not sure if you have one of those there.

Since I'm new - I'm certainly not an expert with it, but I understand it to be increasing difficulty with 6 being the hardest.    

• Tcal- here's a quick explanation assuming you don't hav ehte book.  The reps are 12, 10, 8, 6, 12 then superset (without rest) with another exercise for the same muscle group, and do 12 more reps.  Rest a minute between all sets except the superset, don't rest.  The intensity should equal 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 and 100% of your maximum effort.  When you read about people hitting their 10s, they mean reaching that elusive 100% effort on the last set of each exercise.  Hope that helps.

• Ok, let me tell you this past week sucked.. I was dealing with the murder of a coworker/boss, trying to work when my whole being is in a mental and emotional fog and feeling an overwhelmng sense of fear.  Its the craziest story and I won't bum you all out with the details. But even through all this I did eat clean. I also had a terrible caffine/sugar withdrawl headache. Anyway I didn't actually do my first workout until Thursday (yesterday). It was the best UBWO and the heaviest I ever lifted.  Today I did my LBWO and it was also a good workout. I will do some cardio tomorrow and Sunday and get back in the game all the way on Monday.  I feel a real fire this week to not wait another moment to be the best I can be.  We only have this one life to live so I want to live it to the fullest!

Sally-for-Life!

• Oh Sally!!  I am sorry to hear this!  I simply cannot imagine what you are going through and feel terribly for you.  I pray God brings you peace and rest through this unimagineable tragedy.  God bless you.

• Today's workout for me

WOD

15 Barbell Thrusters (100/65)

15 Chest to bar Pull-ups

-If 90 reps (3 rounds) are completed in under 4 minutes, time extends to 8 minutes.

If 180 reps (6 rounds) are completed in under 8 minutes, time extends to 12 minutes.

If 270 reps (9 rounds) are completed in under 12 minutes, time extends to 16 minutes.

• Thanks Macie. It was my first good day yesterday and I feel good today too. Being away from the office helps.  Anyway I had a nice breakfast - 4 egg whites and 1 egg yolk with alittle turkey sausage sprinkled in, Irish Breakfast tea with FF creamer and a pc of plain whole-grain bread.  Off to the treadmill!  I have been corresponding with a nice lady who has a blog and she put me as a post on her blog - I have some pics posted there if interested.  I didn't do as well as I wanted the last 12 weeks but I figure that as a "practice" round and going for it now!  Heres the link:  43fitness.com/.../sallys-going-all-the-way-48

Sally-for-Life!

• Hi everybody

I took yesterday (Saturday) as my free day. My legs were still rather sore, so I figured to rest them an extra day and take it easy. My Upper Body is fine after the last session on Friday, compared to my first session where they really ached a few days after. That first week is certainly a killer for them, but get that out of the way and they settle down.

So this morning I had a later than usual start, at the gym at 10am for my 20min treadmill session. I hadn't reached 20min doing the HIIT for a few weeks, as usually after 10min my body says, "Not today son. Finish off on something easy like the bike". But today when I hit 10min, and my legs were saying no more, I pushed through the soreness and was pumping along at 15km/h for my final 'power' minute. Couldn't have gone any harder, so hit the magical 10, with my legs going like the Road Runner. I could barely complete my final slow jog minute at 8km/h as I was totally spent.

Hitting the maximums for me seems more of a mental belief thing rather than just pure strength. You have to REALLY want it, to the point you are prepared to 'leave it all' at the gym, and crawl out of there on your hands and knees if you have to, completely shattered with nothing left to give.

Welcome to Week 2!!!

@Sally: Welcome to Week 1!! Sorry you have had some terribly experiences this last week.

@cleet68: Nice work on the pull-ups. I struggle to do 5.

@Macie: No problems with your posts. Everybody has a story to tell, and it puts everything into context. So what did you decide to have as your free day? I didn't do anything special yesterday, but next week I think a nice Lasagne sounds pretty good, with some Ben & Jerry's Choc Fudge Brownie icecream for dessert. Mmmm!!!

• Hi all.

Week 2 begins. Lower Body this morning. Only hit 9's  for most of them, primarily I guess because when I get close to the 10's I get a bit nervous of injury. My hips and knees have been injured before exercising, so I take it a bit easier, and any sense of discomfort I back off a bit, probably a little earlier than I should. Did the same weights as my first session though, which was good, but just didn't increase them.

On the food front, I'm getting over all the eggs for breakfast all the time to get my protein. Therefore I'm going to try experimenting with other breakfast options. Will try oats for my carbs, a single hard boiled egg, and some mackerel. Gives me about 26g protein, plus the Omega 3, which is good for me anyway. What do other people have?

• OK guys, week 1 is officially in the books.  Week 2 off to a good start.

Lower Body this morning... killed it!  I was supposed to do this yesterday, but had to swap with UB (push) because my legs still weren't recovered from killing it on Wednesday!  I love LBWO!!!

OK- enough exclamation points

Meals:

1- EAS Whey (1.5 serviings), 1c. OJ, ON Amino Energy (pre-workout)

2- 2tbs peanut butter, wheat sandwich thin, banana, EAS Muscle Armor (post-workout)

3- EAS Whey shake, chocolate mixed with coffee

4- Advil (not really a meal, but it's 1 week from tax filing deadline)

5- 8oz grilled steelhead trout, 1c. roasted potatoes w/ olive oil

6- 8oz grilled pork tenderloin, wheat sandwich thin, mustard, almonds, apple

7- 4oz ground sirloin, 2oz whole wheat spaghetti, tomato sauce, bell pepper & onion

8- casein protein, 1c. skim milk

• Hi everyone! I am still following the thread and have been doig great and feeling really good so far, but I do not get sore from my LBWO. I go hard, but sometimes I am worried that maybe I'm not doing it right or something. I tried switching up my exercises today so that I got a better workout, but I'm not as burnt out as I get with my UBWO in which I will be sore for about 2 days following.

Any suggestions? Just up the weights?

• Tim - Thanks for the kind words.  I do feel as though I'm on a roller coaster as far as what's been happening with my mom.  Very much the same as the few months before my dad passed.  This weekend was rough and I thought - Oh boy, this is it.  Never did get to the store until last night so we ordered pizza for the free day.  Had plenty of other food on hand to keep up with the program, managed to get my workouts done - thought of your advice as I was ready to give up on the elliptical and pushed through it.  Funny how simply remembering someone else is able to push through can be so encouraging.  Thank you.

Sally - Nice article!!  Hope this week is better for you....

Oh, and breakfast ideas.....How about turkey sausage?  Have you ever tried mixing Myoplex, water and yogurt?  I use half a package of the Myoplex original to one cup yogurt and about 3/4 to 1 cup water.  Quick, easy, filling and energetic afterwards.  I've always used a blender but last week I found a plastic shaker bottle with a little wire ball inside.  Works beautifully!  Happened to think - that would be handy little travel blender.....

Bikini - have you ever tried squats or deadlifts - lunges are good too.

I'm cracking up over the Advil comment.....that was too funny!!!!