started today

• Ok...where to begin.

I am really excited to begin my first challenge.

I am 34, fat, unfit, and completely dissatisfied with my life. Topping off the fact that I have let myself go, I got the results of a blood test last week that measured my cholesterol levels. There are dangerously high. My doctor who believes in a well balance diet has told me to cut out meat, except for some fish. A friend of mine has given me her eating for life and body for life books. They are inspiring and easy to understand. My father passed away in his early thirties and he had high cholesterol. At 34, I have outlived him. So considering everything, I don't have a choice. I have to do this... and succeed. I am scared but determined. I am realistic enough to know that this will not be easy and will be a constant battle/work in progress. But I am ready to begin...

• Cholesterol is a real battle for a lot of us, myself included.  My dietician cousin has gone vegetarian to manager her cholesterol battle.  I've chosen BFL, complete with a full load of lean meats and natural proteins.  I started my 12th week today, and blood work is scheduled for next week.  I'm convinced that I've made HUGE strides in that battle, but I guess only time will tell.  Can't wait to see the results.  If you read through some of the success stories, you'll find that BFL has helped a LOT of people manage their cholesterol.

Good luck!

• I'm hoping to get off of my cholesterol medication at my next Dr. visit.  I'm 33 and too young to have to be dependent on those kinds of meds.  Good Luck!!

• JrMcnair, please post your results when you get them!  I am very interested to see how they turn out, and J...you'll tell us on our group, right?

• It is comforting to know that there are others going through the same things and working to correct it.

• Today I join Body for Life. I tried it in the pass but fail due to healthy issues and lack of motivation but I'm taking a stand today and starting over. My weight as of now is 200 pound which I need to lose 75 pounds to come off heart and blood pressure medicine. So I hope you guys keep me in your prayer as I'm on this lifestyle change journey.

• I truly think we can all accomplish our goals.

I just realized that a few days ago I tried to join a group/thread that started a month ago. LOL So I am going to keep track of my progress here, at least while I get familiar with the boards.

Right now  I am on day 4 and .... i hurt everywhere. Yep sore all over. But this is good because this about morphing and growing into a better healthier person. So there will be...aches LOL. Today I have to do my cardio after work and I did legs yesterday. I am hoping that the movement on the eliptical will help hammer out some of the aches I have right now.

My eating over the last couple days have been really good. I am not feeling deprived. I have stayed on plan every day. I have been eating the required six times a day. Portioning food out, but not obsessing over it (which is nice). Making sure that I have a good variety of snack options has been important so far. I am grateful that I love fruits and veggies so it is no hardship to incorporate healthy alternatives in to my meals/snacks.