Life's looking up, it's time for change!

• Hi everyone,

My name is Sarah and this is my latest (I think 3rd or 4th) attempt at BFL.  My first time was in 2001 when I was 21 and already pretty healthy: weighed 140, rode my bike 10 miles a day and ate a vegetarian diet.  I made it to week 9.  Fast forward 12 years... I am 32 and unhealthy.  I weigh just under 200 pounds (yikes!), sit at a desk all day at work and then on my couch at night, I don't put much thought into what I eat.  Well, that's not true exactly.  I put a lot of thought into what horribly disgusting and unhealthy things I am going to eat in the days before I plan to start a diet, because I know that it won't be included on the "approved" list.  Problem is, I never actually start a diet!  I keep looking at the photos of myself from when I looked the best.  I wish I could snap my fingers and get that girl back, but it's not that easy.  Here are some of my issues:

I have been struggling with severe depression and PTSD for the last three years.  I was pregnant in 2009-2010 and gained a lot weight, but lost a significant amount post-partum.  My son was born in February 2010, he was a beautiful, happy and healthy baby.  Just as I was getting back in the swing of things exercise-wise and eating healthy (especially important because I was nursing), he passed away.  He was 69 days old and was taken from me by SIDS.  I can't even begin to explain what hell it was getting through the first two years.  Due to my depression, I have been on several medications for the last few years.  I also tend to drink more than I should.  Trust me, I know it is an ill-advised combination.  I am working with my doctor to reduce and eventually eliminate the need for prescription medicines.  I am also more conscientious of my alcohol intake - especially beer.  Now, as I made it through what should have been his third birthday and am nearing his Angel Day, I am amazed by the journey I have been on.   I am stronger emotionally, I have a lot of joy in my life for which I am incredibly grateful and I am ready for my outside to reflect my inside.

I am getting married on Saturday, June 1...exactly 12 weeks away!  I already bought my dress and surprise, surprise, I actually bought it in my current size.  However, it would be so amazing and fantastic if I had to get it altered...a lot.  My fiance is the most amazing and loving man, we have been together for just over two years.  He has been there with me at my worst and I want to marry him at my best.  That would be healthy, fit and happy with what I look like.  I know that the BFL program works and it is the simplest (maybe not easiest) method of getting healthy that I have ever tried.  I believe in the approach and I believe that I can do it!

So, I am putting myself out here on this forum because it is good to get these thoughts out of my head.  It is also a way for me to "check" myself.  Even if no one reads or responds to this, my goal and intent have been made public.  More to come in the future...

• hi im wonderfulone--i just got started on the program  few days ago and i understand how it feels to get back in shape  .I  love his exercising plan.  I know you will succeed in your weight loss  and congrats to you and your new baby and new husband.  i just want you to know, i know you can do it . right now im weight is 312 and i stand 5'10 my goal is to reach 145 and  im going to do it,  it has been a challenge getting there in the past, when i tell people my weight they dont believe me because im tall .  I have to change my way of thinking,  and eating im overdue for living healthy.   i did  bfl  menu today and so far so good. i know you will be able  to get into your beautiful wedding dress stick to your bfl plan and you will do it. i just started back into my dance class and so far im a little slow because of the weight  ill give myself 2 weeks and i will be able to keep up with my teacher i belly dance and it is a very good workout-  it is a low impact movement class no jumping around- by the time i finish the class i can feel the workout.   and i love my treadmill.  try a little cardio and you will be fine. and i know you can do it. i know you can. We have the right workout- the right plan and i know we all can do this . and you will be able to wear you dress.  believe that you can do this and it will show itself

• QT BUTTONS my computer only showed part of your writing it just showed that you lost your baby to sid- please forgive me . im so sorry that you lost your child. im having problems with this computer it just gave me a full high-lite of what you wrote. im sorry to hear that. im apoligize.  i lost a child  to a miscarriage. and it took me some time also to get through it. i still sometime think of it. i had a son i--- miscarried at  6 months i named him perry sky.   i understand your hurt.  it will take a little time ,  and i know that when my weight went up. every so often my weight go up , and i know this is one of the reason . i read your comment- and i wanted to let you know i read your comment.  and it touched me. and im here it,  

• Hi Sarah,

I'm so sorry to hear what you have been through. To come through something like that shows what a fighter you are and what inner strength you have.

I'm sure you will walk this in comparison.

Congratulations on your wedding, you will look beautiful no matter what, but after 12 weeks of this you will feel great too.

I'd wish you luck but I don't think you will need it.

Best wishes, Clare x