Cottage Cheese Club

• Had kind of a bad BFl weekend.  I din't eat very clean at all.  I don't know why I did that to myself, but I'm going to put it behind me and finishthe next 4 weeks very strict.  I knew I was going to be very strict for the last 4  weeks of this challenge, and maybe that's why I allowed myself to be so bad this weekend. Or... perhaps I'm a little stressed out about Cammy's surgery tomorrow.  Either way it's over and behing me now.

I had an awesome chest and tricep workout this morning (high volume).  I worked them so long that I lost track of time and didn't do the cardio that I normally do between the two body parts.  So....  I'll need to do that after work today.

As mentioned above...  Cammy's surgery is tomorrow.  They haven't told us what time yet, so I'm not sure if/when I'll get to do my cardio.  I'm still planning on doing it in the morning, but we'll see.

Penny- Did you buy more weight?  Look on craigslist.  You can find olympic plates very cheap and save a lot of money.

Shayla- Sounds like a killer cardio workout!  I love those kinds of workouts.  They really pay off!

Laurie- I'm glad you had fun in TX.  What kind of deer did you see in Wyoming?  Were they whitetail or mulies?  And bears!?  I've never seen any wild bears before.  Has your Dr set you up with anyone like a physical therapist to go over a plan to get you in shape or is he just telling you to get in shape?  If he hasn't set you up with someone he needs to do so.

• Hello CCC

Had a good lower body w/o yesterday and doing cardio tonight.   I’m eating clean, except for my free day.  I didn’t go too crazy on free day.  I didn’t want the food hangover that I’ve experienced the day after.

Shayla – you are my new hero.  Good for you.  Sounds like you are doing fantastic.

Laurie - your trip sounds cool.  Seeing all of that wild life must have been exciting.

I hope you do well at the pool.  Be careful of your back.

Justin - you must have seen my paycheck this week… LOL.  Thanks for the tip about Craig’s list.  It helps to save as much as possible this time of year.  Glad you’re back on track and putting weekend behind you.  I will keep your wife in my prayers.

Hope the rest of you are all doing great.

• Hey friends!  I am getting a great start to the week with a kick butt LBWO, (upped weights all around) and 2 rounds of Zumba burning 1150 calories.  I had to do double Zumba because I ate TERRIBLE yesterday for my free day.  My body definitely reacts differently to crap than it used to.  I ate some sweets at a going away party for a friend, sushi, and then 1 1/2 pieces of pizza for dinner! I felt so sick that I couldn't even touch my stomach for fear of throwing it all up! Ugh. I need to not eat so bad on my free day! Haha. I am doing great with eating but need to go get more food (I hate grocery shopping!). I tried to be super good today and ate plain Greek yogurt with fresh blueberries instead of the already flavored kind and YUCK! I can handle most tastes but plain Greek yogurt is just nasty in my opinion!!! Our secretary was laughing so hard at my face as I ate it. Lol

My calves are super sore still from my bleacher runs and my WO from today probably pushed them over the edge so I may bike tomorrow. I'd rather run but we'll see how I feel.

Laurie: glad your back lady! Sounds like you had a good time! Now it's time to kick into high gear and show your Dr what you're made of! You seem motivated enough to make the weight come off as he asked. Keep it up and glad to have you back! 😃

Penny: thanks! You know, I thought I had upped my weight on my leg presses pretty well when David said he was doing 800lbs but then when you said you were pushing over 300lbs I made myself up those weights again! I'm very competitive if you can't tell! Haha. 😉

Justin, we all have those crappy days, just try to keep it only on your free day if possible. I have my free day on Sunday only because I am a "start Monday" type of girl. If my free day was any other day I would say screw it and eat like crap til Monday. Doesn't make a lot of sense when I say that out loud. Haha. Good luck with your wife and I will keep her in my prayers also.  

Jr: hows that shoulder? You still working out?

• Good morning CCC'ers,

I am looking for a nice group to check in with and get to know. I've done BFL quite a few times so it's my standard workout but I sometimes am inconsistent with frequency when I am not actively going through the 84 day/12 week structured program. So ... I re-started again on Monday. I did day two today ... twenty minutes HIIT on an exercise bike. I use the Peak 8 version of HIIT that Dr. Mercola recommends on his site. He even demonstrates it and has a nice long explanation from some expert on the many benefits of doing it that way. One thing I remember is him saying that it helps our bodies produce HGH ( Human Growth Hormone)

I've only joined a group one time but it was great. I really liked knowing that I had unseen pals who were also committed to improving their health through BFL.

I can see that you have gotten to know each other. There are lots of inspiring and motivating posts and kindnesses expressed. May I start to post here and hopefully get to know you also?

to Jr; I'm sorry to hear about your shoulder problems. I'm glad you've seen the doctor and that they're trying to determine the real cause of it rather than assume it's the most common thing ( which I think is rotator cuff problems) and just doing that surgery. I had labral tears on one of my shoulders for years and although it wasn't painful most of the time it occasionally caused my arm to come out of the socket. That was outrageously painful and it got to where I couldn't get it to go back in and would have to be anesthetized so they could get it back in. I finally had surgery to fix the tears two years ago in April. I am SO glad I had it done - now I don't have to fear that one falso move will cause it to shift out of the socket. The surgery was not that bad and I have full range of motion back now. I guess I am saying this because if you do end up having surgery  you may be glad in the end. I hope you get to the bottom of it one way or the other.

• Good morning CCC'ers,

I am looking for a nice group to check in with and get to know. I've done BFL quite a few times so it's my standard workout but I sometimes am inconsistent with frequency when I am not actively going through the 84 day/12 week structured program. So ... I re-started again on Monday. I did day two today ... twenty minutes HIIT on an exercise bike. I use the Peak 8 version of HIIT that Dr. Mercola recommends on his site. He even demonstrates it and has a nice long explanation from some expert on the many benefits of doing it that way. One thing I remember is him saying that it helps our bodies produce HGH ( Human Growth Hormone)

I've only joined a group one time but it was great. I really liked knowing that I had unseen pals who were also committed to improving their health through BFL.

I can see that you have gotten to know each other. There are lots of inspiring and motivating posts and kindnesses expressed. May I start to post here and hopefully get to know you also?

to Jr; I'm sorry to hear about your shoulder problems. I'm glad you've seen the doctor and that they're trying to determine the real cause of it rather than assume it's the most common thing ( which I think is rotator cuff problems) and just doing that surgery. I had labral tears on one of my shoulders for years and although it wasn't painful most of the time it occasionally caused my arm to come out of the socket. That was outrageously painful and it got to where I couldn't get it to go back in and would have to be anesthetized so they could get it back in. I finally had surgery to fix the tears two years ago in April. I am SO glad I had it done - now I don't have to fear that one falso move will cause it to shift out of the socket. The surgery was not that bad and I have full range of motion back now. I guess I am saying this because if you do end up having surgery  you may be glad in the end. I hope you get to the bottom of it one way or the other.

• Good morning CCC'ers,

• Holy Moly!!!

I'm sorry for the TRIPLE post there! It didn't seem to be posting so I hit reply another time ... or two I guess! I'll be more careful ( or patient) from now on!

• I haven't had a workout today and probably won't get the chance. I've been at the hospital all day and will have to spend the rest of the day/night trying to keep my wife comfy and taking care of the kiddos. Dr said that surgery went really well so that's good. I'll get to go back and see her in about 30 minutes.

Shayla-  You're outperforming me!  I also have a very competitive side so be ready to seems post that I burned 1,000,000,000 calories at my next cardio session!  Hahaha...  Probably not, but I'm gonna try!

Patricia-Welcome to the Cottage Cheese Club!  Tell us all about yourself.

• Hello everyone! I hope you all don't get sick of hearing from me daily but it helps keep me motivated! Haha. Today was okay...super sore in my legs still so I didn't hit my 10 but instead walked interval inclines for 30 min instead. Shoul have pushed myself harder but I'm trying to listen to my body. I just walked for about 45 min while my daughter had soccer practice to help burn more calories. I am feeling like I need to work my abs more. I still feel all squishy! 😠 I know it's a work in progress and I'm already much better than I used to but I'm just impatient I guess. Haha. I'm going to try and get to my gym early tomorrow so I can add a few extra ab exercises.  

Patricia: Welcome!  These guys were nice enough to let me join too. It's nice to have a group to push you along. That shoulder injury sounds painful!! Yikes.  Glad it's better!

Justin: So glad to hear someone else is just as competitive! Haha...good luck on that workout. 😉. How's your wife feeling?

Jr:  Where RU?????

• I was up all night with my wife.  She probably only slept for an hour total throughout the night and woke me up countless times so I didn't make it to the gym.  Probably won't get to go after work either, but we'll see.  If not maybe I can double up tomorrow.

• Happy Hump Day CCC

I’m having a good week so far.   I’m eating lots of chicken and broccoli and boiled red potatoes, along with Myoplex lite shakes with EAS betagen, and my yogurt mixed with low fat cottage cheese concoction.

Work outs are good once I get to them, although I’m finding motivation to get to them is losing some luster. Don’t worry, I know how to kick myself in the butt and get to it.  I’m sure this is just a phase.

Justin - so happy to hear that your wife’s surgery went well.  The two of you will have plenty of time to get back to working out when she’s feeling better.

Shayla – LOL!   I’m competitive too, but this time I’m competing with the younger me who used to leg press 480lbs.  I’m not sure if I will get back to that but I’m going to try.

Patricia – Welcome and best of luck to you in your challenge.  This is a lovely and supportive group of people.

Hope you all are having a wonderful day

• Got a good back and bicep workout in this morning.  I also got a little ab work in, but no cardio due to time....  Have to get both kids ready by myself these days and off to school/daycare.  Can't wait to get back on my normal schedule one of these days

Penny- Glad you're having a great week!  Keep up the great work.

• Hey friends!  Super tired right now.  Got up at 3:00 am to catch my flight to Detroit, then rushed to my flight to SLC, now a 4 hr bus ride to Idaho...yawn! Have some free time so I figured I'd write. I obviously haven't don't my workout yet but I have already informed my sisters that I have full intentions of going to the gym daily while visiting.  My sister is taking me to a new type of class tonight called Kanga...or something like that.  I have to wear special Kanga jumping shoes and it's supposed to be really fun and a great cardio workout so that will by my cardio for today. I'm starving right now! My schedule is all screwed up because I normally don't get up so dang early!  I've packed my bars but didn't have time to eat "real" food yet. Just 1 1/2 Myoplex bars and one Greek yogurt. Too much sugar for the day just with that alone and it's making my tummy sick so I can't wait til we stop so I can get something decent but healthy.  

Justin:  what a guy! I bet your wife really appreciates your help and sacrifices! Good job for finding time for yourself in the mix of it all. I hope her recovery goes quick.

David and JR....how's those workouts going?

• A side note:  I was looking at all the people while in the airports today and it blows my mind how overweight and unhealthy most people are! It's sad.  I'm so grateful to have a program like BFL and I will share it with everyone I know!

• Hello again CCC

Super tired today at work.  I did a good lower body w/o this morning and fooled it up with a sweaty 20 minutes of cardio.  I hate working out at night so I wanted to get it done.  I’m working until 9 pm so I should be sleeping at my by then  LOL.

Packed all clean food for work today so I’m good where that’s concerned.

Shayla – have a wonderful time on your visit with your family.  I guess I’m lucky that almost all of my family lives within one hour of me.  All of those planes and buses seem like a night mare.  I never heard of Kanga but I’m sure you will make it work.

Justin – I hope your wife is recovering nicely.  Good for you finding time to get a work out in.  You’ll be back in your routine before you know it.

Have a good day everyone.  The weekend can’t come too soon for me.