Cottage Cheese Club

• LBWO this morning kicked my DONKEY!  I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to walk out of the gym to the car on my own because my legs went numb.....  My legs have regained sensation now, so now all I have to do is wait for the DOMS to set in.  

I sucked on my diet this weekend so I'm not planning on any cheats for at least a couple of weeks.  There was a couple of birthday parties and I had a friend in town that I haven't seen in about two years so almost everything I ate wasn't on plan.  

bye2babyfat- What country are you in?

EShorty- I burned those 570 calories on the stair climber.  I think it's the best thing in the gym for cardio.  I always seem to be more sweaty and the screen shows more calories burned than any other equipment that I use.  I alternate between the stair climber and the eliptical for my cardio workouts.  The treadmill always hurts my knees so I avoid it.

Gina- Are you finished with C1 now?  

David- Did you get called away to work, or did you get to stay home?

JR- Did you win the 500 million dollar Powerball jackpot and retire to the beach?  Someone down there in Florida did!    

• Workout planned: LBWO completed at 5:30am

Foods planned: Back to the same ol same ol.......

Obstacles you have to overcome today: N/A

Help you need or some great tips you want to share: N/A

Positive statement about yourself: I'm going to kill it this week!

• Good morning everyone... Didn't hit the lottery, but my weekend came in a close second.  This is what weekends living at the beach should be like:

Thursday night (YES, weekends should begin on Thursday night): ballgame

Friday: golf & seafood

Saturday: 5k, beach time, family dinner

Sunday: Boat time

Monday:  Aloe

Haven't lifted since Thursday LBWO.  I didn't run on Saturday.  I had family in town, and I figured the rest would do me some good.

This morning's UBWO (pull muscles) proved that the rest did me some good.  Great workout!

It's taken me about 2 hours to post this stuff.  I've read everyone's posts and I know I have replies, but I keep forgetting what I need to respond to!

Great job ladies!  You're at the finish line.  Be proud!!!!  GINA- your Friday sounds awesome.

• Goooood morning CCers! Checking in quick before I dive into my pile 'o work. I just canNOT get over how fast these days are flying by……whoooooo eeee. Yesterday was quiet CCers….lets get back on here and keep the awesome factor off 'da charts peeps!!

JG, nice to hear you're getting your don-kee whooped! How are the legs feeling today? Oooooh, I wish I had a stair stepping machine in my gym, but no such luck. All the more reason why I need to, per David's suggestion, do stairs at the football stadium close to my house - if I can burn more calories in less time, I'm sold! And ah, heck yeah you are going to kill it this week - love the fired up attitude!!!

Jr, had you won the powerball, my only request would be to fly us all to FL for a week so we can do our check-ins at the beach every morning. Is that too much to ask?? Ummm, and I'd say it sounds like you had a pretty fantastic weekend! I have YET to get out golfing……(as I curse)….. this weekend, it's on!

Workout planned: Running w/ inclines @ 5

Foods planned: 1. Cottage cheese + pear + coffee 2. cottage cheese + melon 3. WW bagel thin w/ PB 4. string cheese + melon 5. Santa Fe wrap 6. protein pudding

Obstacles you have to overcome today: Nada

Help you need or some great tips you want to share: I bought the BFL Champions book - being a person who is, for the most part, clueless when it comes to other weight lifting exercises, I love how this book gives you more picture options - and it gives a nice refresher on the program. Definitely makes me excited for my C2!

Positive statement about yourself: This last week, I'm going to give it all I have because I CAN…doing it for those who physically can't!

• Whoa.  Hey Friends!  I totally ditched you all yesterday.  RUDE!  I'm officially off challenge--I'm hoping to take my pictures tomorrow, this weekend was kinda crazy schedule-wise so it didn't happen.  Hopefully I didn't gain 5 lbs in the meantime.....

I had a mean cardio tennis sesh on Saturday, J worked me!  I have a blister on my "back"hand to prove it!  Hoping to make it a weekly (would prefer 3x/wk!) lesson with him.  Tennis makes you skinny, yo! 

Instead of having a beer last night I decided to workout.  On my off week!  that's HUGE for me!  I did some more toning-type weights, I think....Are they compounds?  Like you're working more than just one muscle group.  It was mostly upper though.  It was almost fun!  So nice to change it up!

I feel like I owe a bunch of replies.....please forgive me, cause I'm not sure any more.  :-) 

Shorty, I'm feeling so much better now!  I was just in a funk last week (at the worst time possible, hello week 12!).  Feeling super happy today!  I'm officially on Vacation until next Wed as of 5pm.  HOLLA!  Oh, and PS, your goods are shipping tomorrow :-)  Also, you are a HUGE DEAL!  Congrats on your design win!!!!!  I can't believe I know you.  #statussymbol #designthis

Workout:  Some type of cardio......probably a run/walk with baby G, strolly style!

Foods planned: M1: Oatmeal  S1: Shake/Yogurt M2: chicken sausage/rice/LF feta S2: SC/yogurt M3: Ummmm, I have out ground turkey......S3: Shake

Obstacles you have to overcome today: Please.  Today is freaking FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Tips/Help/Randomness--you choose! My co-worker just told me she's having a Gina Overload.  Ha!  Get a life, I'm just sooooooo happy/excited/about to lose my "stuff" over vacation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Positive statement about yourself: Girl, you're awesome.  You chose working out over a delicious, refreshing beer.  And, you never let the negative nancys around you get you down.  Get it gurrrrrrlllllllll!

• I had a great HIIT session this morning.  I turned it up another notch and burned 601 calories on the stair climber.  I felt like I hit a 10 at the end of my 20 minutes, but after my 10 minute cool down I was pumped and felt like I still had some gas in the tank.  I think I'll increase the speed by 2 levels on my next session.

EShorty- I fully expected to not be able to move when I woke up this morning from yesterday's workout, but my legs actually felt pretty good.  Only a little sore.  Not at all what I was expecting. 

Workout planned: HIIT on the stair climber.  Slayed it @ 6:00am.

Foods planned: Same ol stuff.....

Help you need or some great tips you want to share: I'm considering making my shakes with water instead of skim milk to save a few calories.  I've done it before and it doesn't taste as good, but I'm willing to try it again to see if it will help further fat loss.

Positive statement about yourself: I'm a machine!

• GOOOOD MORNING FELLOW CCers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope all of you are doing well.  Sad time at the Fountain household.  Ben is officially gone for the summer. He was getting his passport this morning and has now left.  Since he is interning with youth ministry, he will not be home on any weekends.  Char and I haz a sad.  Ben is obviously pumped about it and of course, we are really excited for him -  but with a sad.  I did get to spend some quality time with him the past few weeks and he still plans to keep working out.  We did see Star Trek on Sat night - (3D- meh).  Movie was pretty good overall, 3D just doesn't do it for me.  If any of you have actually seen the older Trek movies, there's a little homage paid to Wrath of Kahn.  My son, Ryan and DIL, Dana also went.  Dana just wanted to see Chris Pine.

Shorty - see you and Mcnair are discussing legs...grrrrr!  Had a good LBWO this morning.  This old man was squating the heaviest weight he's done since probably the Reagan administration.  That was after the legs had been nice and sore from a truly killer 60 min spin glass last night.  Legs are a little wobbly this morning.  My partner - 15 years my junior - was cussin me. Ha!  Here's to old farts! 

Gina - yeah, how rude for you ditching us yesterday....as if I can say anything.  Congrats on finishing!  You can incorporate compound movements in any manner of lifting.  As long as the lift involves more than one joint or muscle group, it is a compound movement. Looking forward to seeing your final pics.  I bet they will be good!  As I stated in an earlier post, which I'm sure you did not see, you are incapable of taking a bad photo. 

Sue - you back back the other side of the pond?  Congrats as well on finishing! 

Justin - 601 cal in 30min, dang!  My cardio has been a little different this time around.  Intense, but may need to incorporate some 600 cal HIITs in there.

This is the look I get from Char every time I try to discuss the finer benefits of resistance training.  OK, really just an excuse to post pic of Marisa Tomei.

• Today's my 31st birthday, so this morning I was motivated to prove I could still workout like an 18yr old.  Made for a pretty good workout, and a shaky morning.  

All that energy and excited burst when I thought, maybe I'll look at buying a new truck.  HOLY COW-- I think I'll just buy another house!

Also, it's my birthday and my boss is out of town... probably not getting much done today!

Justin- What powder are you mixing in your shakes?  I find that some a good with water... others not so much.  EAS Recovery is pretty good with protein, but you're getting like 17g of sugar in that!  You need high-glycemic carbs post-workout, so it's not that bad, just make sure you account for all the calories.

David-  right there with you!  3D movies are useless to me.  The effects actually take away from the movie.  I'm hoping the fad dies soon.  Sorry for the pain of your baby leaving... I can't imagine what's its like but I witnessed it with my parents and then my in-laws... it's obviously painful.

Gina- What is up with your co-worker?  I think we'd all benefit from a little Gina overload!  Enjoy your vacation.

E-  get your golf on.  The weather is getting gorgeous... time to play!

I'm out.  Holla!

• Happy 31st Birthday JR!  Officially into your 30s.  Understand the motivation to go hard like an 18 year old  I remember my 30th, I got up and ran 15 miles....what a dumbdonkey I was.  Hadn't prepped for it in the least.  Had a few shaky days after that.  

• JR- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  Right now I'm using the last of a tub of Body Fortrace protein.  I ran out of my EAS 100% Whey a while ago and didn't have time to make the 100 mile round trip to get more.  I'm almost out of it and will be returning to the EAS product as soon as I can.  The shakes I've been using the whole time have almost no carbs.  I eat a banana with my post workout shake to get my carbs.

• Jr, happy belated birthday!!! Hope you had a fantastic day…getting a great workout in, boss being out of town, and all the good stuff that comes along with celebrating another year :) So I gather you didn't buy yourself a birthday truck then?? Tsk tsk. And you said you have a vacation coming up - where are you off to?

G, there you are - loving the fab-attitude!! And ah yeah, two things: CONGRATS on being dunzo with C1!!! Woop woop!! And happy vacation to you!!! Is this the one where you're going off to Mexico? Or is that one coming up? Either way, live it up sistah! Oooooooh and thanks so much for shipping my goods - I'm pumped to see them. Was even braggin' to my sis this past weekend about how awesome your stuff is - oh yeah!! As for my win in the design contest, it's hard being so awesome. And I am so kidding - haha… it was a fun contest so it made it easy! Ok, and um are ya flippin' kidding me with someone saying they have Gina Overload??? Obvi that person is just jealous of your pure awesomeness! Duh ;)

JG, DAY-YUM, 601 CALORIES?!?! To say you are a machine is an understatement - holy schnikes! Keep it up - you are truly killing it!!! As for the shakes, I'm not much help - but to save on calories, I've switched to almond milk. Jr, what's your take on almond milk??

David, how awesome that you had some good quality time with Ben before he left! He'll be back before you know it :) You should be a proud dad - it sounds like you and your wife raised him right as he is one who wants to help others. And NICE WORK on the kicking donkey in all areas of BFL - 60 min spin class??? Squatting like a hulk??? Money! And let's get one thing straight: you're not old. Old is when you hit 90. Or maybe triple digits… Either way, you're still a young buck my friend!

Okay, time to get crackin' - for some reason I keep thinking it's Friday…wishful thinking for the long weekend ahead!

Workout planned: UB - doing this tomorrow, after my running. I'm going to a concert tonight so I don't have time….bad Shorty, bad!

Foods planned: 1. Cottage cheese + melon + coffee 2. cottage cheese + melon 3. WW bagel thin w/ PB 4. string cheese + melon 5. a healthy app pre-concert 6. EAS shake

Obstacles you have to overcome today: Finding a healthy menu option for my 5th meal

Help you need or some great tips you want to share: I gots 'a nuthin' at the moment (probably because I'm rushing this as my boss is lurking outside of my cube)

Positive statement about yourself: This working out/eating right thing ain't so bad…….. :)

• Good morning errrrrrrbody!  Had an awesome UBWO this morning.  I got that good ol light headed feeling from lifting super heavy again!

When I left the gym I was feeling super pumped!

EShorty- Thanks!  I'm going to try to get in the 700 calorie range in 30 minutes.  I've never tried almond milk.  How does it taste compared to cow milk?

Gina-  Are you going to post some after photos?

Workout planned: UBWO Completed

Foods planned: Same ol thang......

Help you need or some great tips you want to share: N/A

Positive statement about yourself: I'm gonna get riiiiiiipped!

• Morning guys!

Quick post. Lotta work going on.  Had a good back routine this morning.  Pullups are a bear so I do them first. Goal is to get back over 10.  Did 3 sets of 8,8, and 6 with good form.  Think I'll get there if I have less weight to pullup.  Will do spin class this afternoon.  (only a 45 minute class)

Shorty - thank you for the compliment,  We are blessed to have good boys with good hearts.  We did our best and certainly made our share of mistakes parenting, but despite that, they are doing well and we are proud.   Wish it was Friday too! What concert are you going to?  

Justin - benching train axles now, eh?  Pretty beastly. To answer your question from other post, I did 245 the last set and repped 4 times and followed up with incline dumbbells.  Used 90's for the first time there.  Big issue will be keeping my shoulders from injury the heavier I go.  Trying to be careful with form, definitely stretching before hand and leaving my ego...to an extent, at the door.

JR - hope you had a great birthday and got to do what you wanted.

Gina - wherever you are, it's not at work and that's always good.  Used to say my worst day on the golf course was better than my best day at work.  

Sue - hope you check in soon.  Miss hearing from you!

• Never tasted almond milk, but it sounds great.  It's just almonds and water, so it's definitely healthy!

Birthday was pretty good, uneventful, except the $450 bill to repair the A/C in my truck (hence the truck shopping/wishful thinking).

Vacation is a couple weeks away June 3-12th... it'll be a 4 city tour of Niagara Falls, Toronto, NYC and Brunswick, ME.  NYC is for work sandwiched between free time in Niagara Falls and family time in Maine.  Should be a great trip... looking forward to it!

LBWO scheduled for this afternoon... I didn't get up this morning because the Braves went into extra innings!!  But they got me a win for my birthday!

I'm sure my food log is boring you guys, but I'm getting 3460 calories today 364 carbs/ 279 protein/ 99 fat

• Hey You GUYS!!! 

Had a great time in London and glad to be home.  I don't think I have EVER drank that much champagne and eating that much curry but I loved every minute of it.  There was no exercising the past 7 days but we did tons of walking around and touring.  Quick pic of me in London Tower looking back on Tower Bridge:

Sounds like you are all doing great, I should be working as it is my 1st day back from vacation but everyone knows how THAT goes!

David, how is Char?  I hope she is feeling better and the new diet works.  Also, what is storm duty?  Sounds like a lot of heavy work.  Thinking of you in TX and I hope the storms and other bad weather never touches down!  I am also sure having your son go off to ministry makes you so nervous and excited for him.  I can't imagine Jack my 10 year old doing that in 8-10 years.  Time does fly by and it is hard to stop and appreciate it.  Sounds like you have an amazing relationship with your family which you should be most proud of! 

Gina!  You did it!!!  C1 (check!)  And vacation to celebrate!  Where are you at, Mexico?  Enjoy those cute dresses and rock that bikini girl.  You earned every bit of those turning heads.  Enjoy, relax, celebrate and have fun.

I haven't yet had that feeling of completing C1 since I left for England right at the end of week 11.  I think that might be good for me so I have the nagging bit in my brain to keep going at this.  I did get to the gym today which felt great but not 100% back into the swing of BFL.  Promise I will get there by next week. 

Shorty, I want to run boots and boas!!  You rock girl! And I know you are going to take this week 12 by the horns and throw it to the ground.  Can't wait to see everyone's progress pics.  Are you going to run in boot and boas?  Like really run in boots?? 

JR - Your posts about your weekly activities make me happy for you, living the life on the beach.  Happy birthday!  31, successful and fun loving -  I love that you might just buy a HOUSE for your birthday.  Ha!  I spent the day yesterday with my Dad cause it was his 75th birthday.  Took him golfing and to lunch.  It was the best 'day after vacation' I have had. 

JGlim - I am impress with your cardio workouts!  My knees suck too so I use the elliptical and stair master.  I totally agree the stair master is way better.  Don't beat yourself up over the cheats on the weekend.  You can only do the best you can with what is in front of you.  What week are you in?  Are you taking progress pics?  As for shakes, I drink the GNC Total Lean shakes and I find they really tasty.  I mix one jug with a huge glass of ice coffee and it totally fills me up with only 170 calories, 6 fat, 6 carbs and 25 protein.  

B2B - Hi!!  Love to 'see' newbies on this forum.  This forum is the best for humor (curiosity of David, Gina and Shorty) and expert exercise and nutrition knowledge (curiosity of JR).  You get it all with humor and inspiration!  How are you doing with planning your meals?  How old are your kids?  I have 10 and 8 but I remember 'those' days of not having a moment to myself.  Hang in there!!

Workout planned: HIIT on the eliptical @ 6:00am.

New Foods planned: None

Obstacles you have to overcome today: No Mo-to-va-tion

Help you need or some great tips you want to share: Just happy to have this group to catch up with.  :-)

Positive statement about yourself: I am very happy to be home!!