Cottage Cheese Club

• Thomassd & EShorty - This is the photo I wanted to upload but it never came through in my previous post.  I think this visual can help us understand what is happening in our bodies.  We are working on gaining muscle and losing the fat.  As a self confessed scale watcher for decades, this watching the scale on this program can play with our psychi!

Hopefully it helps to focus us on how strong we feel, how clothes fit and to stop being a scale watchers.  I am sure you are doing great!!!!  Keep up the hard work and it will all come together before you know it.

• Sue, thanks so much for posting! I'm saving this to my phone and will look at it every single time I feel discouraged. THANKS sister!

• E- Great post.  Love the positive statement... "I'm feeling great!"  that's awesome.  Looking great in photos is a pretty nice bonus.  Your turkey burger post reminded me to share my meatloaf recipe... it turned out great!

Meatloaf

1lb lean ground turkey

8oz lean ground sirloin

1/4 c. egg beaters

2tbsp black bean/corn salsa (Newmans Own)- This may be the magic ingredient.

1tbsp olive oil

onion

bell pepper

tabasco

Cumin

Last four ingredients to taste, mix it all up, cooking spray in a loaf pan and bake for about an hour @ 375ish.  Couldn't be easier.  Makes 6 servings, reheats great.  Add a serving of brown rice, black beans, or roasted potatoes for a great meal.  Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Sue- that pictures says it all.  We've all heard it for years, but I think the scale is more engrained in our minds than the phrase "muscle weighs more than fat"

LB workout today.  Did not get up this morning!!!!  Got to go at lunch.  Been fighting a 3-day headache, thanks to the impending tax deadline.

Meals:

1- lean ham, wheat sandwich thin, 1c. OJ

2- lean ham, 1c. grated potatoes cooked in olive oil

3- (Pre-workout) Whey shake, 1c. OJ, ON Amino Energy

4- (Post-workout) Whey shake, Apple, EAS Muscle Armor

5- 6oz Shrimp, 1c. whole wheat couscous, red peppers, cooked in olive oil, 1 banana

6- 8oz grilled pork tenderloin, green salad, balsamic vinegarette

7- Casein protein, 1c. skim milk

I'm stuffed just reading all that food.  GOOD LUCK today.

• Oh man, I just have to give a shout out to BDubs!  It's soooo delicious!  But OMG, awhile back when I was starting to care about my baby weight, I decided to order the naked tenders (gross) and guess what?  THEY CAME WITH FRIES.  Are you effing kidding me?!?!  How does that work?  I mean, I ate them anyway, but still.  Help a waistline out.  ;-)

Thomassd--good to see you back!!!  Check in more often!  About the weight thing....in 5 weeks (this is my 6th week)I've lost 5.5 lbs.  Not a ton, but pretty on point with my last challenge where I lost 12 lbs total.  Anyway, I really do see a difference in my photos.  My clothes are still pretty close to the same fit though....Are you taking weekly photos? 

Shorty, I totally kicked the ick!  :-)  And this morning I followed your and Jr's advice and had a shake within a half hour of the end of my workout.  AND drank lots of water before/during, not so much after....baby steps!  Oh, thanks for sharing about the burger....I was wondering....Have you made the scampi?  Amazing.  I did it with chicken since I didn't have shrimp but it's mega yummy.

Hey Jr--I'm mega jealous of your food consumption.  :-)  How does it feel?  Like, do you feel like you're stuffing yourself or is it awesome??? 

Sue--Hey FB friend!  ;-)  I wanted to say that you already look REAL GOOD now, girlfriend.  Can't even imagine what your 12 week pics will look like!?!?  Dang, girl!

Workout planned: HIIT/Home Spin Bike/6am 

Foods planned: S1: EAS Shake  M1: EFL Pancakes/Clem/Coffee. M2: Mini Meatloaves/sweet potatoes/green beans S2: SC/Yogurt M3: No clue, but I’ll figure it out.  S3: EAS Shake

Obstacles you have to overcome today:  nada, feeling good!

Help you need or some great tips you want to share: So I was thinking about this last night as I making my dinner....I do some weird combos when I'm only cooking for myself.  My new favorite thing to make is a cup of premade tri-color pasta scrambled with 2 eggs, EVOO spray, garlic powder, a little seasalt and pepper, and a few shakes of grated parm (the stuff for spaghetti).  Omg, I LOVE it.  Kinda weird, yes, but so yummy.  And more like comfort food.  Anyway, thought I'd share my weirdo combo ;-)

Positive statement about yourself: The only non-freeday "cheat" I've done in 6 weeks is ONE starburst jellybean.  I'd say that's something to be proud of; especially with temptations all around.  Good job, girl!

• Gina- the diet is good and bad.  There are times, like last night trying to down a cup of yogurt and a scoop of casein protein when I just felt like I was stuffing myself (and I was).  That isn't fun.  But the stuffed feeling doesn't linger like it does with a half a pizza.  And I don't feel bad, just full.  Also, I wish I wasn't getting 75+g of protein from shakes, it's just really hard to eat that much from whole sources that aren't loaded in saturated fat.

Also- I don't think I've told you how jealous I am of your home gym equipment.  It's just my wife and I in 2000sq.ft. and we can't seem to find room for a home gym or an office... something's wrong with this picture.

• 2000 square feet and you can't find room?  hehehe. :-)  We have 4 bedrooms.  One of them is the gym--we have the huge mirrors covering one wall and everything. 

What's funny is that my Husband is a tennis pro and we get free membership to his really awesome club 3 miles away.  I never go.  I prefer my home gym.

Oh, and that's A LOT of protein shakes.....

• Seriously, it's Thursday already?!? Time is flying…

Jr, how's the headache?? Um and I wish I liked the photos that were taken of me this past Monday. They gave me motivation to keep at it because I'm sick of not liking what I see. I will say, this was the first time I was more like "eh" because I know I'm on the right path and will one day not mind what the pictures show! And thanks for the recipe - sounds fantastic!

Gina, glad to hear you kicked the ick! Did the shake help after your workout?? Ummm, I have not tried the scampi but am thinking that will be my dinner come next week. Looks like I have 3 great options for dinner meals coming up: scampi, salmon, meatloaf. Woop woop! I'm glad to read that I'm not the only one who likes weird food combos :) One of my faves is scrambled eggs with a side of peanut butter. People always seem to cringe at that one??

Sue, I concur with Gina, you are going to look even more fabulous at the end of this! You and Jr should see how many magazine covers you can grace :) Get it girl!!! And that picture of the fat vs muscle still just amazes me.

Shout out to all of the other CCers - hope to hear from you all soon :) Please come back!!!

Workout planned: Running w/ inclines @5

Foods planned: 1. peanut butter on wheat + coffee 2. Greek yogurt + mango 3. lunch?? Going out for a meeting 4. cottage cheese + peaches 5. BFL Italian style turkey burger + green beans 6. PB toast

Obstacles you have to overcome today: Having lunch out.

Help you need or some great tips you want to share: Are any types of sushi BFL friendly? If so, that's what I'll get for lunch…otherwise, salmon it is. 

Positive statement about yourself: Physically and mentally, I'm feeling really good…more empowered, which is so great. I love how I started off thinking "just here to lose weight/tone up" and I gained SO.MUCH.MORE. Hello, fantastic new friends, amazing support, my confidence is coming back, don't even get me started on the overall health benefits, etc…the list could go on and on!

• Thank you guys so much for the words of encouragement. I have actually gone up a few pounds but my fat % has gone from 35 to 21.9 ( I hope that's correct) I am using calipers and this web site calculator. I see a difference in my body and my weight isn't a real issue as long as I get the results I want. You guys are so uplifting to read your posts when I can get to the computer. I will try so hard to check in more often.

Dang_Gina- I am taking pictures and actually its time for my 4 weeks ones

jrmcnaircpt- totally agree with you on the stuffing thing. I had to eat cottage cheese and an apple last night for meal 6 and I was so stuffed I was forcing myself to eat it. I did however not feel that yucky bloaty gross feeling of over stuffing with the wrong foods and it only lasted about 30 minutes.

Dang_Gina- I wish I had a home gym especially in the winter but our Ymca has an awesome hot tub so that's my reward everyday after my workout - woot woot-

Everyone keep up the good work. Its finally above 40 here today so I may get out and run with the dog just for fun.

Out the door to the gym- taataa for now.

• Thomassd, you are rocking it!!! Keep it up sister - you're seeing results = most important; don't look at that damn scale. And remember, the boys at the club noticed ;) Enjoy your hot tub time - you've earned it girl!!

• I think I'm addicted to Cottage Cheese Crack.  First thing when I get to the office, I update my diet list for the day, then check in on the Cottage Cheese Club, to see how everyone's doing.

E- headache left about 11am yesterday, finally!  Just in time for a killer LBWO, that I'm feeling today.  That peanut butter on wheat with coffe is one of my favorite breakfasts.  In fact... that fits into my diet today, so I think I may have that right after this post!  I see you're mixing up the fruits a little... was your skin turning orange? ;)

Gina-  that club sounds nice!  Another reason i've never really pursued the home gym, is that having others around me helps motivate me.  It's weird, but I enjoy a crowded gym, as long as people aren't obnoxious meat-heads and I can get to the equipment I want to use.

Thomassd- sounds like you're spot on, and seeing good results.  I hope those 4 week pictures keep you motivated.  I remember, my first set of pictures showed very little change, but I knew I was definitely changing.

Workout:  Had a great UBWO push muscles (chest, delts, triceps) 6:30am

Meals:

1- Whey, 1c. OJ, ON Amino Energy (pre-workout)

2- EAS Advantage, Apple, EAS Muscle Armor (post-workout)

3- Oatmeal (scratch that)--- Wheat toast, peanut butter, coffee

4- 8oz grilled chicken breast, 1/2c. black beans, salad (may throw the oatmeal in here)

5- 8oz grilled pork tenderloin, 1/2c. black beans, 1oz raw almonds, banana

6- 8oz grilled chicken, wheat sandwich thin (if you haven't found these at your grocer, they're awesome!)

7- Casein Protein Shake, 1c. skim milk

• OMG, hey everyone!!!  I'm totally with JrMc--completely addicted to the CC crack, too! Hello, my name is Dang_Gina and I'm a Cottage Cheese Club-aholic.  ;-) I look forward to it alllllll day!  I check the forum the entire day and a couple times at night, too!  I only wish our founder was here to see the way I group feeds off each other--in a good way!  Chubmom.....where you at, girl?

JrMc--Back in the day, for Challenge 1, I did all my workouts at the gym.  Which was fine at the time because I worked there and my now-husband did, too.  And we would workout together and flirt with each other ;-)  ANYWAY, I'm not a fan of uber competitive people and sometimes I felt like all the rests between sets were uncomfortable.  Like everyone was wondering what the hell I was resting for after 6 reps?!?  (I'm sure that no one actually cared....)

Shorty--I'm trying to figure out how, exactly, one goes about eating scrambled eggs with PB?  Like, do you put a dollop on your plate and "dip" the eggs?  I'm going to need specifics...  ;-)  Oh, and most importantly, I'm so happy to hear you're feeling more confident!  You totally should; you're hottie on your way to a slammin body!  ;-) 

Thomassd--Awesome, I'm so glad you're taking photos.  You should post them!!!!  We'll tell you how hot you are :-)  That's some major body fat progress--damn!  Good job!

Workout planned: HIIT/Home Spin Bike/6am 

Foods planned: S1: EAS Shake  M1: EFL Pancakes/Clem/Coffee. M2: EFL Taco Pasta S2: SC/Clems M3: Breakfast?.  S3: EAS Shake

Obstacles you have to overcome today:  nada, feeling good!

Help you need or some great tips you want to share: Stacy's Naked Pita Chips.  Baked.  Yes or no?

Positive statement about yourself: Keep up the momentum!

• ok im going to try and upload pictures. The yellow one is week one day one. The grey one is week 4 day 3

• wow sorry those are really BIG....lol

• Thomassd--Girlfriend, you look awesome!!!!  I can definitely see a difference!  Your waist has slimmed, you have upper abs forming, and don't even get my started on your calves!  ;-)  Sorry....this might be getting creepy now, haha.  Keep up the great work!

• Wow Thomassd!!  I see huge progress!!   It is hard to believe that your scale hasn't moved because you look amazing.   Keep it up!

Gina- on the pita chips, I would lean towards keeping those on a free day.  Maybe make your own pita chips by taking a wheat pita, cut in triangles, spray with Pam and seasoning and toast it up.  Not quite the same but a bit healthier?

I am going to try and make feta, kalamata olive turkey burgers this weekend.  My stomach just jumped thinking of them.  I love anything with feta and olives in it.

And I am envious of the home gym!  My 'home gym' is my power blocks in my bedroom.  Cardio is impossible to do at my house which stinks but I am working around it.  I used to be a HUGE runner.  Like a short run was 6 miles.  Last Jan '11 when my knee flaired up, I was told I have arthritis in my knee that was moderate.  My knee still flaires up sometimes but I have never been able to get back out to running since Jan '11. Very sad as I did many races, halfs and my fav - Reach the Beach (5 times).  *It is one of my dreams that after this challenage, my knee might be strong enough to go out for a little tiny run around the block*.  We shall see!!

Workout done: Cardio on eliptical 45 mins & abs

Foods eaten: S1: EggWhite/EngMuff  M1: EggWhite/EngMuff M2: LowCarbFlatbread/Turkey/LowFatCheese/Wrap S2: 3StringCheese/Apple M3: Chicken/Veggies/Grapes.  S3: CottageCheese/Tomatos/Blueberries

Obstacles you have overcome today: Too busy & kids crazy but day is over.  :-)  I wish I could have a glass of wine.

Help you need or some great tips you want to share: So how long do you work on your abs?  Like how many minutes do you does your ab workout last?  I am wondering if I am doing enough.

Positive statement about yourself: I have made it to Thursday night!  :-)  I am looking forward to my free day, is that sad?!