Cottage Cheese Club

• Gina- This is awesome:  

Help you need or some great tips you want to share:  Hit. Those. 10s.  Seriously.  After my workout last night where I was REALLY focusing, I could totally tell a difference when I was done.  I was still shaking in the shower.  Which I think is a good thing.  I straight up kicked my own ass last night.  

My absolute favorite feeling!  (And it lasts longer than sex)

• jrmcnaircpt, nice job on the success - that is so awesome! And yesterday with my upper body, I hit a few 10s, but not all…I keep finding that I can push myself so next time, heavier weights yet again - even though I'm beginning to wonder if there is an inner beast in me, being I can lift way heavier weights than I thought?? Ha!

Niebs, WELCOME!! Hell yes, you are worth it! I have coffee too - just be sure to drink more water for every cup you have. My advice: plan, plan, plan. Definitely create meal/workout plans ahead of time. What has helped me: every Sunday I plan my meals for the week, prepare/portion out each. Then the night before work, I pack my lunch/snacks so I have no excuse NOT to follow it. Also, I plan my workouts the night before, before I go to bed.

Connie, how's the arm feeling?? Girl, you are an inspiration with your weight loss, keep it up!! And OMG, I sooooo love movie theater popcorn…nom nom. That movie looks great, too - it's on my list :)

Gina, sheeeeeat girl, you go! NICE work - now who's the overachiever ;) So so SO great to read that you are feeling awesome - wahoooooo, yeah girl!!

Workout planned(include your time of day): Running with intervals/inclines @5

Foods planned: 1. Greek yogurt + clementine + green tea 2. Cottage cheese + clementine 3. Whole wheat pita + turkey + tomato, lettuce, avocado + mustard 4. String cheese + clementines 5. BFL sloppy joe + green beans 6. Protein shake

Obstacles you have to overcome today: Still have the chest cold. Running should be interesting today…Also, I totally overslept, which I haven't done in years… Not going to complain though - feeling refreshed! Gina, I think that lotion has some sort of secret sleep aid ingredient in it!

Help you need or some great tips you want to share: BFL sloppy joes = yet again another win from the cookbook! 

Positive statement about yourself: Ain't no little cold going to slow you down….woop woop

• Hello, everyone.  I don't mean to butt in, but can I join your group?  I successfully completed a challenge about 10 years ago, and here I am again.  This time I WILL succeed; unfortunately, my starting weight is 20 pounds more than it was 10 years ago.  I guess "life happened."  haha.  This is my 2nd week, but I'm very familiar with the program and, so far, so good.

My biggest obstacles seem to be socializing and alcohol (wine).  I try to just have wine once a week and of course, I have my free day.  My excuse for not getting in really good shape lately has been, "well, I'm trying to get pregnant, so I'll just gain weight anyways."  My first pregnancy was super easy with no problems.  Well, this 2nd time hasn't been so easy.  I've had 2 miscarriages in the last year and my doctor has discovered I have a genetic mutation that causes tiny clots in my blood to form--not big enough to harm me, but would a developing fetus.  Anyways, I've just decided I need to stop making excuses and get with it.  If I get pregnant soon, I'll just continue eating healthy and working out.  :)

I took my starting pics, but would rather not post them until I have some newer ones to compare.  :)  My latest complaint is that I feel like my pants are a bit tighter in the thighs.  I know that's due to water retention from building muscle and it will eventually come off, but it's still discouraging nonetheless.  I have actually gone down a size in one article of clothing--unfortunately, it's my bra.  haha.

Anyways, looking forward to getting to know you all and seeing everyone's results!  I love seeing what everyone is eating, as well, to get ideas.  :)

Brandi

• Oh JRMC:  Word.  ;-)

Brandi, I'm so glad you made it over!!!!  So sorry to hear about your MCs :-(  This is an awesome board for motivational and emotional support.  I take my photos every Thursday night and post them under my profile in "files".  You know, as opposed to showing the world my cellulite!  ;-)

Workout planned:  LBWO/Home Gym/9pm

Foods planned: M1: EFL Pancakes/Clem/Coffee.  S1:  CC/Yogurt  M2:  Leftover EFL Taco Pasta S2:  grapes/string cheese M3:  Chicken Stir Fry  S3:  EAS Shake

Obstacles you have to overcome today: Need to finish abs tonight--ran out of time this morning.  (I figured I should at least TRY to get to work on time one day this week)

Help you need or some great tips you want to share:  Weight Lifting Gloves.  Unless you want callus-y man hands ;-)

Positive statement about yourself:  Good work getting your ass out of bed for morning workouts, girl!  Keep it up!!!

• Brandi, welcome! Of course you can join our group sister! I love that you have successfully completed this challenge in the past/know the ins and outs - please share tips that you know have worked for you. And sorry to hear about your struggles with pregnancy :( Hang in there girl - sending ((HUGS)) your way. About your before pics, that's totally how I feel, too. Once I have pics showing some results, welllllllll then maybe I'll post a few ;) 

Yesterday's workout went great considering this friggin' cold. I have no problems hitting my 10s in that area. Whoooooo wee. Here's my check in:

Workout planned(include your time of day): LBWO @ 4

Foods planned: 1. Greek yogurt + clementine + green tea 2. Cottage cheese + clementine 3. Whole wheat pita + turkey + tomato, lettuce, avocado + mustard 4. String cheese + clementines 5. BFL sloppy joe + green beans 6. Protein shake

Obstacles you have to overcome today: Nagging cold/tiredness but whatever...I'm not going to let it slow me down!

Help you need or some great tips you want to share: What are some great snacks to pack in your purse? I'm going to be out all day tomorrow but want to keep on track. I'm thinking I may pick up a box of EAS bars and stash a few in my bag - but I've heard they're not the best option - actually, I read that on the internet...and well, as the one commercial states, isn't everything we read on the internet true? Tsk tsk ;)

Positive statement about yourself: I have such drive with this program - and the CCers support, of course! Both go hand in hand and I frickin' love it! You all are da bomb.

• Gina, I'm raising my cup the poor man's plastic surgery art. Here, here! ;)

• EShorty--Hey Girl HEY!!!!!  :)  About the bars....yeah, I heard that they're not the BEST choice (over "real" foods) but that's exactly what they're there for:  When you're on the run and need to stay on track.  Once in awhile will not hurt you.  At all.  Considering our boy Billy Phil was all about the EAS bars.  It's a "do it gal!" 

• Good morning, everyone!   Here is my morning check in!

Workout planned(include your time of day):  HIIT cardio, already did it at 6:30 am

Foods planned:  1.  5 egg whites + 1/2 c. rolled oats   2.  Greek yogurt + 1/4 cup healthy granola   3.  4 oz. rotisserie chicken + broccoli + slice of Ezekiel bread    4.  cottage cheese + orange   5.  BFL sloppy joe + romaine lettuce + broccoli    6.  Protein shake

Obstacles you have to overcome today :  I have to stay positive and know I won't see changes overnight.  It gets frustrating waiting, though.  I want my jeans to be looser NOW!  haha.

Help you need or some great tips you want to share:  Plan, plan, plan!  I usually cook in bulk on the weekend, but I didn't do that this weekend, so I bought a rotisserie chicken and have frozen veggies.  I can get back to my cooking this weekend, though.  

Positive statement about yourself:  I'm super proud of myself for getting up in the morning to do my cardio!  That's been a major struggle for me in the past, but now it's becoming habit.  :)

• Good morning my Cottage Cheese Family and welcome to all of our news friends. Well last night I made the the Chicken veggie stir fry for dinner..  Chicken, broccoli, asparagas, mushroom, red bell, green, and yellow peppers, zuccinni. I made a home made sauce with just a little bit of soy sauce and teriyaki, but with red wine vinegar and rice vinegar with red pepper flakes and fresh ginger. Wow was it good. After dinner wnet for a long walk. Felt so good coming home because I then had so much energy. I wish I could wake up and exercise in the morning but I get up at 3:30 M-F and I just dont have the time. So I have to save that for after work.

Shorty my arm is going to take some time. Went to the dr, and he said i had Inflamation in it. So just gave me some Naproxin. I will just take it easy on it.

Workout planned (include your time of day):  actually tonight I am doing Wii Zumba

Foods planned:  1.  BFL French Toast  2.  Eas Shake   3. Cobb salad & Ornage 4.  Apple  5.  Left over Stir Fry   

Obstacles you have to overcome today :  Dont stop exercising just because you start sweating. That is when you should keep it going.

Help you need or some great tips you want to share:  I take a lavender bath now at night after exercising. FEELS Awesome.

Positive statement about yourself:  Your doing great on the water Connie keep it up.

• Congrats on everyone's successes! What a wonderful group. I had my first free day Sunday. My husband and I ate at outback and had a wonderful meal. I ate steak and lobster with a baked potato so it wasn't really a cheat meal but I loved it.

I did however do my cardio anyway.

Does anyone do cardio even when its not the day for it?

• Congrats on everyone's successes! What a wonderful group. I had my first free day Sunday. My husband and I ate at outback and had a wonderful meal. I ate steak and lobster with a baked potato so it wasn't really a cheat meal but I loved it.

I did however do my cardio anyway.

Does anyone do cardio even when its not the day for it?

• Workout planned (include your time of day):  Upper Body @ 10:30 am

Foods planned:  1.  Protein oatmeal   2.  Protein shake   3. rotisserie chicken + Ezekiel break + broccoli    4.  Greek yogurt + homemade granola    5.  leftover sloppy joe + veggie (not sure what yet)    6.  cottage cheese + oranges

Obstacles you have to overcome today :  On Thursdays, I go hang out with my Dad while he gets his chemo.  I'm trying not to eat while I'm there, as his sense of smell is extremely sensitive and I don't want to gross him out.  I just make sure to have my protein shake right before going in, then my lunch ready as soon as I get home.  Lately, my mom has been getting me a grilled chicken sandwich and fruit from Chick-fil-a, which I would consider pretty BFL friendly.

Positive statement about yourself:  This morning, for some reason, I felt like I could see/feel more changes.  Can't wait to take pics in another week and see how I look!  Plus, I was down a pound, which was good.

• Back2BFL- Grilled chicken sandwich and fruit at Chickfila is a staple in my diet!  Quick easy, and all my co-workers love grabbing lunch at Chickfila so it works really well.

• Hi! 

This is my first post of the Cottage Cheese Club.  Hello!!  I am in my 4th week of BFL and enjoying this process by taking it day-by-day.  I am doing this program to loose weight.  I started (Feb 26th) at 140 and now, 3.5 weeks later I am at 135 and I am assuming I have gain some muscle!  I am 39 yr old mom with two boys (10 & 8) and it is my goal to weigh 129.9 when I turn 40 in the fall. :-)

I have really enjoyed reading this forum.  You are all so positive and have great ideas!  I want in!  :-)

Workout planned:  LBWO 6am; will do abs later tonight

Foods planned: 7:30am: 1c egg white & fiber one eng muff.  10:30am GNC Protein Lean Shake mixed with cup of coffee; 1pm chicken breast on w.w.bun with cut veggies; 3:30pm chicken breast sand on w.w. bun with avocado; 6:30pm Turkey burger, steamed broccoli and an apple; 8:30pm 3/4c cottage cheese with tomatos.

Obstacles you have to overcome today : My hands are sore from lifting weights.  I think I need to get weight lifting gloves.  Does anyone use gloves for weight lifting?

Positive statement about yourself: My jeans are loose!  I have to wash them every time I wear them now to get them to fit well.  :-)

Sue

• Gina-  Killed my upper body workout this morning!  Had that shaky, can't wash my hair feeling afterwards!  Super energized for the rest of the day.

With a name like "Dang_Gina" you must be about my age, assuming you got it from the show Martin.  I used to love that show!