Cottage Cheese Club

• OMG Gina... I caught myself watching 24 using Netflix on my cellphone at work....I am so hooked on that show. So I totally understand how you feel. Not sure where all of you live but last night was flippen hot. When I got home from work it was 92. (I'm in Cali). So I decided to use the heat to help sweat in the garage on my treadmill and stationary bike. It worked. Then I went out back and bbq some turkey burgers with sauted Onions and mushrooms. I noticed that with just doing some arm stretches with my 5 pd weights that my right arm is killing me. It isn't a next day after ache. It is a pain. I am just wondering if I pulled something. It really hurts when I try to raise my arm up especially with something in it.It is in the muscle area if you were going to flex your muscles (hahaha whcih I dont have). Any ideas?

Workout planned(include your time of day): More treadmill with a 5 incline

Foods planned: breakfast :oatmeal and coffee, snack: shake & orange, Lunch: Turkey avacado sandwich on Whole wheat bread, Snack: Jicama, Dinner: BBQ baby backs (i know not good but I am cleaning out my freezer) broccoli and potato

Obstacles you have to overcome today:  Eat all my foods. (i hate eating)

Help you need or some great tips you want to share: People sometimes confuse thirst with hunger. So you can end up eating extra calories when an ice-cold glass of water is really what you need. So drink your water

Positive statement about yourself: My husband told me my face is getting thinner...so YEAH

• 24 is an amazing show!  Plus there are soooo many seasons; I wouldn't get anything done.  Perhaps I have an addictive personality ;-)

Not sure about the pain, but I would probably take it easy on it just in case.  Have you tried a pain killer (tylenol XS, etc)?  I usually forget they're there for more than just headaches.... 

Keep up the great work, thinny-face!  :-)

• Good Morning Ladies and welcome Thomas!

Sorry, went off the grid - I'm baaaaccckkkkkk.  I did weigh myself this morning, gained a lb and a half back, I'm ok with that.  OHH it's back on tomorrow morning, I need to do a little grocery shopping tonight in preparation.

Thanks for the Turkey meatloaf recipe - I printed it out and am going to make it tonight and freeze it into lunchsize portions for quick grab and go , toss in a salad - BAM- done!

Hey - was craving ice cream last night - ran to the store - picked up Arctic Zero "ice cream" - anyone heard of it?  Connie told me about it, so thought I'd try it.  If you HAVE to have something sweet - this won't kill your hard work. It's pretty tasty and it passed the husband test.  It's 37 calories for a 1/2 cup serving, 150 calories for the entire pint! The consistency is much like a combination of ice cream and ice milk.  I'm in California, I picked it up at my local Ralph's.

Reading through the posts - I gotta say, it's AWESOME to read through not only everyone's successes, but also the tough days - makes the tough days easier  knowing I'm not the only one struggling.

• Welcome back, HotMama!  :-)

PS, I just wanted to add that I look forward to this thread EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.  You're an awesome group!

• Thank you to everyone for the warm welcome.

I am extremely sore today. Does this get better as you get more into the program? Oh my I hope.

• Happy Friday CCers! Woooo hooooooooooooo! 

Those f'ing scales… I can't wait for the day to actually love the thing - if that's even possible? I'm only going to step on it every 4 weeks. I'm planning on taking my measurements again tomorrow. Only thing is that I have no idea if I'm taking them correctly?? I watched a few how-to videos via youtube…we shall see! Gina, I'm going the denim testing route, too.

Connie, to your 92 degrees (I love love love CA), it was around 30 degrees in Minneapolis…this girl has been stuck indoors and can't wait to take advantage of our trails come spring. How's your arm?? I agree with G, take it easy. I did a quick google search and found this article. Thought it was interesting: http://www.sportsdoctor.com/articles/pain.html. Keep us posted.

Wantn2b, what up girrrrrrrl! Nice to have you back. Arctic Zero….150 calories for the entire pint? Ah yeah,  I will be trying that. I went to the product's website and it looks fantastic. Nice find! And I so agree, reading everyone's successes and struggles has been so instrumental for me, too…we're a pretty damn good group!

Thomas, I'm having the opposite problem - I'm not sore enough (need to hit my 10s better). I've read in articles/on other forums that as the weeks go by, your soreness dwindles. If it's the "good" sore, you're doing it right :) Hang in there!!!

Yes, CHUBMOM…WHERE ARE YOUUUUU?? Thinking of you sister!

Workout planned(include your time of day): Lower body @5

Foods planned: 1. Greek yogurt + melon + coffee 2. Cottage cheese + mango 3. Whole wheat pita + turkey + tomato, lettuce, avocado + mustard 4. String cheese + melon 5. BFL meatloaf 6. Protein shake

Obstacles you have to overcome today: Being it's Friday, it will be hard to not splurge on an after work glass of wine or treat. Focus…focus…focus… Free day is right around the bend (and it's going to be on one of the greatest days of the year in my opinion…St. Paddy's! - as I do an irish jig in my cube).

Help you need or some great tips you want to share: Gina, stress relief lotion = LOVE. I put it on my neck before I went to bed and slept better than I have all week. And to top it off, had a great dream. Woop woop! And Connie, a few stretches before bed = FANTASTIC. I felt soooo relaxed. Thanks ladies!! Um and totally random, if you need a good laugh, check out this site: http://whatshouldwecallme.tumblr.com/. Some of the clips are "eh" but others are hilarious!

Positive statement about yourself: 2 weeks in...nice job! You're feeling stronger and getting that swagger back. Oh heyyyyyyyy!

I'm off to go and kick some Friday ass a.k.a. get back to work….keep it up CCers!!

• Thomas it definitely gets better.  Soon enough you'll be craving that soreness/tightness after workouts.

E- try mixing it up.  I added free weight barbell squats and straight-leg deadlift to my LBWO this week, and really pushed the weight.  I'm really struggling to walk today!  LOVE IT!!!!

BTW, to all of you "CCers"... this is a great post.  Love keeping up.

• FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if you heard, but it's Friday ;-)  And I'm taking my free day tomorrow; here's the plan:  In-Laws are coming to hang with baby_Gina so we're hitting PF Chang's for a delicious dinner and (a few) drinks.  Then going across the street to see the new Oz movie--not sure if we're doing the IMAX or not--depends on our curfew :-)  I'm planning on popcorn and hot tamales!  I heart free day :-)

Eshorty:  So happy the Stress Relief worked!!!!  Wanna hear something a little too coincidental?  Of course you do!  ;-)  The first time you use the lotion and have an awesome dream and real sleep in weeks, is the first time I've had a nightmare and bad sleep in WEEKS.  Thanks a lot, girl :-)  haha! 

I see we have one more poster!  Thanks so much for coming over; keep checking in!

Workout planned(include your time of day): LBWO/Home Gym/9pm?  Thanks to Eshorty (J/K, Girlfriend, J/K), I slept bad last night and couldn't get up this morning for the workout.  No bigs. 

Foods planned: M1: EFL Pancakes/Clem/Coffee.  S1:  Protein Bar  M2:  Leftover Meatloaf, Corn, raw green beans.  S2:  CC/Yogurt  M3:  homemade sweet potato fries/pork loin chops/green beans  S3:  EAS Shake

Obstacles you have to overcome today: Our credit card was hacked, so we have another one coming.  Which is annoying.  But what's REALLY annoying?  Not being able to download the last episode (that's not on onDemand) of The Walking Dead on iTunes.  Dammit.  So yeah, I could have real problems, but this is it today.  Go me!  :)

Help you need or some great tips you want to share:  Here's a tip--I uploaded more pictures to my profile under "files".  Weekly photos keep you honest, and keep you going when you want to sit your ass on the couch and eat an entire bag of Doritos.  (not that i've ever done that....)

Positive statement about yourself...Just busy being awesome..... :-)

• Workout planned: Upper body today- 9:00am YMCA

Foods planned: M1: EAS vanilla shake M2: whole wheat tortilla, tomato sauce, lean ham, mushrooms. S1: protein bar. M3 ????

Obstacles you have to overcome today: Extremely sore legs, to the point I cant hardly sit or get back up. I drove to the Y anyway and worked out.

Help you need or some great tips you want to share: Cooking a whole wheat tortilla in the over at 450 for about 10 minutes makes it crispy just like a pizza crust. Put authorized toppings on. Its awesome

Positive statement about yourself: my husband told me today he was very proud of me. It means everything to me.

Happy Friday everyone!!!!

• Confession:  I missed my cardio this weekend.  :-(  Free day Saturdays mess me up and for some reason I just cannot get motivated to workout on a Sunday.  I just can't.  So, new plan.  Next Saturday free day will only be free eating, NOT free workout.  That way I will still have Sunday off, for the most part.  Considering the eating doesn't feel like a punishment at all to me.  (I did walk for an hour with my friend yesterday around the neighborhood.  There are lots of hills, but it  was no HIIT. )

Workout planned(include your time of day): UBWO/Home Gym/9pm

Foods planned: M1: EFL Pancakes/Clem/Coffee.  S1:  CC/Yogurt  M2:  Leftover Pork Loin/Sweet Potatoes/Green Beans S2:  CC/Yogurt  M3:  Breakfast  S3:  EAS Shake

Obstacles you have to overcome today: Nada!

Help you need or some great tips you want to share:  Drink your water!  (that goes for me, too)

Positive statement about yourself...It's a new week!  Shake off the bad and get moving, girl!

• Another week down?! Time is flying…How were your weekends? Everyone stay on the ball? I did until I had a glass of wine on Saturday night. But that was my only cheat all weekend so I still felt great about it.

jrmcnaircpt, thanks for the tip on mixing it up! I pushed it last Friday, but still maybe not enough. Sure I was a little sore the next day, but not near the sore I've been before. I have a feeling I don't know how much I'm truly capable of lifting, so I fear lifting heavier weights - if that makes sense?? This week, I'm trying out the weights that scare me :)

Gina, OH NO!!! I hope your sleep came back sister. That is friggin' crazy! I would say I'll give up the lotion to see if it would help again, but I'm hooked now! Tsk tsk ;) And keep kickin' ass girl. I mean seriously, you had a baby?!?! One would never guess. Your pics look awesome = nice work!!!! Umm and yeah, Sundays are tough when they are not your free day. I was going to take Saturday as mine, but when I thought about it, I couldn't stand the thought of working out on Sunday. Hey, at least you went for a walk - even if it wasn't a HIIT. You did something!

Thomassd, so so so great about your hubby telling you how proud he is of you :) And nice tip on the tortilla - I'll be trying that out!

Time for my Monday check-in:

Workout planned(include your time of day): Upper body @5

Foods planned: 1. Greek yogurt + clementines + green tea 2. Cottage cheese + mango 3. Whole wheat pita + turkey + tomato, lettuce, avocado + mustard 4. String cheese + clementines 5. BFL sloppy joe + green beans 6. Protein shake

Obstacles you have to overcome today: Coming down with a chest cold so that blows. I'm glad today is a weight training day - hopefully I'll be feeling better by tomorrow. Vitamin C + fluids = a must for this gal.

Help you need or some great tips you want to share: I still feel like I may be eating too much. I have to remember that just because a recipe says it's 6 portions, it may really be more for me, since I'm smaller in height. I have to remember to use the palm of my hand/clenched fist technique…I love veggies, so I plan to go hog wild on those :) Oink oink.

Positive statement about yourself: Jeans weren't as snug as usual so keep it up!

• Love this quote: "This week, I'm trying out the weights that scare me :)"

Go for it!  Remember proper form!!!  Especially on any free weights, and if you can grab a spotter the insurance of having someone there will allow you to push just a little bit further!  Don't be afraid to fail.  How will you ever know if you reached a 10 if you don't try for an 11?

I'll share my success for inspiration:  Today is the end of week 11 for me!  My formerly comfortable suit pants and slacks, are now falling off me and look ridiculous scrunched up with a belt.  My formerly tight pants are a full size too big!  And the biggest change in my clothes has come in the last 4-5 weeks, when my weight hasn't changed more than a +/- 1-2lbs.  Exactly the results I wanted!

Keep on rocking!

• Just started today...a little nervous, but excited at the same time.  Didn't plan very well today but my husband and I weighed in this morning (I am doing the BFL he is not but has in the past).

Workout planned(include your time of day): 10am did upper body training with dumbells, used my husbands but too heavy for a beginner (the lightest he had was 20lbs each), did my best with this weight and when it didn't feel safe I used my little 3 lb. weights and upped the number of reps to make up for the light weight.  Need to go to the gym and use there equipment..this is my plan tomorrow!

Foods planned: I did have coffee this am (didn't realize you shouldn't drink it), may need to wean myself over a few days to avoid headaches!  Had 4 eggwhites with 1 whole egg and an apple for breakfast (and water).  Mid morn snack I had a protein shake.  Lunch I am having salad with plain tuna and a drizzle of EVOO for taste.  For my other 3 meals I plan on having chicken and vegetables, cottage cheese and an apple, and last a shake. (I work second shift 3-1130!! These 3 meals will be eaten at work)

Obstacles you have to overcome today : I have to prepare my lunch and 3 work meals by 230 today! 2 hours left should be ok.  Keep on track at work....first day is soo hard!  Drink lots of water at work even if I'm super busy running around!

Help you need or some great tips you want to share:  Still a newbie, any great advice is appreciated!  I am a 32 year old Respiratory Therapist in a busy hospital, married with 2 children age 5 and 10.  I work full time second shift.  Any advice you can give me with this lifestyle is wondeful and appreciated!

Positive statement about yourself:(can make it past/present/future tense): I am worth it, I owe it to myself to be healthy for me and my family.  Summer is coming and I want to look good in a bathing suit! (my hubby would like that too:)  )

• Happy Monday Gang of Cottage Cheese.

Ok so i just finished week three and I can happily say I lost 7 pounds. It was 8 but being honest I went to the movies and saw The Great and Powerful Oz, which I truly commend seeing. But of course I had to have popcorn and yes with butter. I give anyone credit who can go to the movies and not have a popcorn. So because of that, i gained a pound. Needless to say that means more time on the treadmil.

Shorty thank you so much for the website. It was really helpful and I appreciate it.

Started drinking more water, which i truly need. So yeah for me. I am glad you got some of that ice cream. It is limited on flavors but it really is good. So for today I am

Workout planned(include your time of day): Treadmil and will get up to 7 incline. also lift some light weights if I can.

Foods planned: 1. oatmeal  2. Eas Protein Drink  3. Whole wheat  + turkey + tomato, lettuce, + mustard, 4. Grapes ( i had nothing else)  5. Fish and asparagas 

Obstacles you have to overcome today: Stop dwelling about that 1 pd you gained. Get over it.

Help you need or some great tips you want to share:  hahaha when you go to the movies try to avoid the popcorn (yeah right)

Positive statement about yourself. It could have been more than a pound so your still doing great.

• Hey, girl, Hey!  It's day 2 of week 4 for me and I'm feeling pretty awesome.  :-)

Soooooo.....I totally did a guilt HIIT last night when I got home from work to make up for Sunday.  Then I did my UBWO last night and back for my regular HIIT this morning.  Whew.  Dang, Gina is right!

JRMC--You've had awesome results!  Congrats; it's very inspiring to hear!  You should post pictures :)

Nbielchi--Welcome to the CC!  (not be be confused with the OC...)  Anyway, so happy to have you here!  Just an fyi, I drink coffee every morning.  It says it's ok in the book.  Just trying to save you some headaches :)

EShorty--Hey girl!  No worries about the sleep stealing ;-)  So excited to hear that your jeans are getting looser!  Get your skinny on, mama!  and speaking of mama...thank you for your very kind words regarding my baby-making bod :-)  It's the best compliment a new mom can get! That and their kid is cute.  (but I'll take the first one over the last ;-) )

Tired--Girlfriend, 7 (8) pounds is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Totally impressive!  You're really kicking ass! 

Chubmom?  Come in, Chubmom?  Please?  WE miss you!

Workout planned(include your time of day): HIIT/Spin Bike/5:45am

Foods planned: M1: EFL Pancakes/Clem/Coffee.  S1:  CC/Yogurt  M2:  Leftover Pork Loin/Sweet Potatoes/Green Beans S2:  grapes/string cheese  M3:  EFL Taco Pasta thingy  S3:  EAS Shake

Obstacles you have to overcome today: Not beating down my husband, haha!  No, but really..... ;-)

Help you need or some great tips you want to share:  Hit. Those. 10s.  Seriously.  After my workout last night where I was REALLY focusing, I could totally tell a difference when I was done.  I was still shaking in the shower.  Which I think is a good thing.  I straight up kicked my own ass last night. 

Positive statement about yourself...Good job stepping up and adding in a HIIT to make up for Sunday.  You could have ignored it, but you didn't.  The old you would have blown it off.