Cottage Cheese Club

• Good morning gang of CC. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Welcome Hallie Bug. You will love this little group of ours. It really does give you encouragement and that little bit of hope that you have been looking for. So week # 2 is starting for me.

Workout planned ..UBWO tonight and pillaties chair

Foods planned..BFL French toast.. Snack Protein shake,,Lunch green salad with boneless chicken breast.. Snack apple and string Cheese...Dinner Turkeysteak patty, asparagas 1/2 yam

Obstacles you have to overcome today : DRINK THE FLIPPEN WATER

Help you need or some great tips you want to share: I am not sleeping well lately I try to go to bed between 8 & 8:30 because I get up at 3:30 M-F.. But for some reason i can fall asleep I just cant stay asleep. I really need help here. I thought with exercising I would sleep better but it isn't working.

Positive statement about yourself: My genes aren't my destiny. I know I can lose weight with healthier habits.       

Have an awesome day today

• MIA!! I"m backkkkkkkkkkkk....what a whirlwind of disaster!!!!! First week was a  complete write off and won't even bore you all with the details. Got up this morning and jumped on the treadmill immediately to slay the negative YOU-CAN'T-DO-THIS-BEOTCH demons right out of me...It felt invigorating and I'm planned and prepped and back.

Foods planned.egg/ham....cc/apples...meat/carrots...shake....steak/salad(aiming for 5 at least 6 next week)

Obstacles you have to overcome today ninny negatives...shut up shut up shut the @#$# up!!! I can and will do this...

Help you need or some great tips you want to share:If you are having trouble staying asleep it could have to do with your change in diet. If you have drastically changed your diet from having a lot of carbs to not having many then I was told by a doc friend that our bodies enter into ketosis which just means you no longer have available carbs for burning so your body goes to FAT!! yayyyy and this can change the way energy is transferred and all this gibberish but it will eventually effect your sleeping patterns...Atkins users have severe insomnia when they first start the diet. Try Melatonin and it should keep you asleep and by a week or two you should be fine....check with pharmacist if you have any underlying health issues as I am giving you advice based on a healthy individual that my BFF gave to me....I know when I did the UP an Down diet in the summer I had extremely low calories and I could not sleep past 4am...but had amazing energy levels...just think of all that fat you must be burnishing!!!!

Positive statement about yourself:I'M SEXY AND I KNOW IT....;)))

No matter who you are, no matter what you do,
    you absolutely, positively do have the power
    to change, and no one can take that away. ~Bill

When the world says, "Give up,"
    Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."
    ~Author Unknown

• Wow - sounds like every did well for the most part - that's AWESOME!!  

I was so excited about my cheat day on Friday that I went wild. . . . I didn't check-in, I slept in, had whatever I wanted, cookies, licorice, even finished off the day with dinner at Boca di Beppo - shared lasagna, had a glass of wine and garlic bread  with my family.  Friday night. . . . I felt AWFUL!   I went to bed early because I felt so bad.  Spend the entire weekend feeling like I had a bad hangover.  Won't be doing THAT again.  It's not worth it.

I did well with my workout and eating over the weekend, aside from feeling like crap, even made and froze a couple meals for grab and go lunches during the week, cleaned my house to keep myself busy.

Had a bad morning - forgot to set my alarm last night, work up late, had to skip my workout this morning (surprisingly, this really bummed me out ), but will do upper body after my son goes to sleep tonight, forgot to make my son's lunch & snack for school, so had to this morning, my blender wasn't cooperating, blah de blah = frazzled morning.  I was feeling pretty defeated when I walked into work . . . . logged in and read everyone's posts, talked to Connie (she and I work together), I'm in a much better place already.  

Thank you all, very much!!!

I'm borrowing inspiration from Chubmom this morning. . . .I'm sexy and I know it . . . wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle - ha!

• Dang_Gina, thanks for the tip on adding good fat. Noted! I sautéed my green beans in EVOO last night - does that count?? I love avocado, so I'll have to pick some up.

Connie, I loved your "drink the flippen water." Ha! Target has some great glass water bottles (brand: ello; here's a link to the one I bought: http://elloproducts.com/hydration-percy/) - I'm a sucker for a good bottle as I can't stand the ones that make your water taste like tin or plastic. And sorry to hear about the sleep :( You'll get back on track!

Chubmom, you're baaaaaaack! Wooooo hoooooo! Those friggin' negative beotch voices can take a flying leap. We don't like it when they keep you from us…they have a whole slew of CCers who are ready to take 'em down! You just let us know how we can help when they come 'a calling.

Wantn2b, sorry to hear about how your day started yesterday… And how GREAT that you have Connie right there to talk to - in addition to this forum. I haven't really told a lot of people that I'm doing this (only that I'm eating better, working out) because I'll hear the same old same old/don't want to have to deal with the "how's it going" from everyone (yet I know they mean well). I'm just so grateful for this forum - you all totally get it and I always feel motivated after reading everyone's posts. Woop woop!

My day 1 was great. Did everything by the book yet think I need to add more weight next time. I'm sore but not as sore as I had anticipated?? And while I love the myfitnesspal app, yesterday was tough when I saw an "overage" of calories (I have mine set to 1200). I KNOW I can't look at the number, but it's a tough habit to break. I think I'll up the calories to 1600, just so it doesn't screw with my mind...

Workout planned: Day 2 - running. Will incorporate intervals/inclines to intensify.

Foods planned: 1. Protein shake (cookies & cream from EFL book) + coffee 2. Cottage cheese + blueberries 3. Whole wheat english muffin + turkey + tomato, lettuce, cucumbers + mustard 4. String cheese + grapes 5. Turkey meatloaf + mashed potatoes + green beans w/ EVPP (from EFL book) 6. Protein shake (cookies & cream)

Obstacles you have to overcome today: Nothing, abso-frickin-lutely nothing. 

Help you need or some great tips you want to share: I was surprised at how good the EFL meatloaf was (looked sketch when I portioned it out). I added a handful of sundried tomatoes to give it a little extra zip. I highly recommend the recipe if you like meatloaf!

Positive statement about yourself: You deserve to be happy with yourself...keep at it!

Have great days CCers!

BFL Turkey Meatloaf
    1.4 lbs lean ground turkey
    1 onion, chopped
    4 egg whites
    1 cup salsa
    3/4 cup old-fashioned oats (uncooked)
    1 package knorr vegetable soup mix
    1/4 tsp ground black pepper
    Combine turkey, onion, egg whites, salsa, oats, soup mix and black pepper. Press mixture into a 9×5 loaf pan and spread ketchup over top. Bake in  preheated oven (350) until meatloaf is no longer pink in the center and juice is clear — about 60 minutes. 

• *EVPP - ahhhh, meant EVOO. Come on coffee, time to kick in!

• Hey CCers!

This morning didn't go exactly as planned....you know, life getting in the way :)  The baby woke up early and I chose her over cardio.  I usually don't see her in the mornings, so it was treat to snuggle a little while giving her a bottle then getting her dressed.  Which I LOVE doing; I get to play dress up!  So I'll get to cardio tonight.

Connie, I need to keep up with the water, too!  Especially at home. 

Eshorty--I also had my calories set on 1200, too, and it made me feel like I was totally going over.  I need to reset to 1600 as well. 

Workout Planned:  Cardio/Spin Bike/8:30ish/home

Meals:  M1:  Protein Pancakes/1 clem/coffee.  S1:  MISSED IT! *eyeroll*  M2:  turkey on wheat/avocado/lettuce/mustard, cherry tomatoes.  S2:  Cottage Cheese/yogurt.  M3:  Beef Stir Fry with Rice (Repeat).  S3:  EAS Shake/fruit

Obstacles to Overcome today:  Watch that sodium, girl!

Help or Tip:  Get your friends or co-workers involved!  I think I have a coworker almost convinced.  She's been speed walking on her treadmill everyday for 30 minutes and seeing no change.  I set up a BFL cardio sheet for her and she's so excited to try it, not to mention get a better workout AND 10 minutes back!

Quote:  “Wow, that Lean Cuisine really filled me up”, said no one ever.

Get out there and kill it, CCers!

• Dang_Gina, how sweet that you snuggled in with your little lady - I'm not a mom (second best thing in my mind = an aunt :)) and I gave you a big ole awwwwww when I read that. Sounds like a fabulous time where life got in the way. And I cracked up at the quote…loved it! 

Daily check-in. D2 went great. I'm really enjoying how the workouts are short, yet intense. Before I felt like I needed to workout 60 min in order to "be good." Glad those days are o.v.e.r.

Workout planned: Day 3 - errrrrrr. I have a lower body workout on my radar, however, I'm running a 5k this Saturday. I fear being really sore so I may not push it too much, but get something in?? 

Foods planned: 1. Protein shake + coffee 2. Cottage cheese + blueberries 3. Whole wheat pita + turkey + tomato, lettuce, cucumbers + mustard 4. String cheese + grapes 5. Turkey meatloaf + mashed potatoes + green beans w/ EVOO 6. Protein shake

Obstacles you have to overcome today: Leaving work early to meet up with my aunt who's in town. Going to do a little shopping, which may lead to dinner out. I'm not too worried since I'm just starting this/still have the balls-to-the-wall mentality, but temptation will be there.

Help you need or some great tips you want to share: I find that I have to keep myself busy when I'm starting to think about bad eating/snacking off the program. If I have a quiet night in, I catch up on my freelance work/magazine/books/phone calls/clean/etc. I tackle all of the small things that I put off…a win-win. 

Positive statement about yourself: Awwww yeah gurrrrl, you've got this…keep it up!!

Keep it going CCers!!!

• Good morning Gang of Cheers.

Ok so I did something this morning that I told myself never do...Yup you guessed it I go on the scale. Only because I was feeling so good. Hubby and I took a great walk last night then we came home and did some upper body..It was great and I felt great. GAINED 3 FLIPPEN POUNDS.... Ok now to maybe off set it.. I also had a visit from Aunt Flo too. I know you usually gain during this time so I am praying that it will come back off once said and done. But let me tell you depression set in really fast and I went in the kitchen and downed a cup of water.

Workout planned: Tonight we are working out on my husband boxing bag and I will start Sparing.

Foods planned: Oatmeal for breakfast. Protein shake and string cheese, Turkey slices with green salad, Snack yogart and apple. Dinner..Chicken, asparagas and maybe whole grain wild rice.

Obstacles you have to overcome today:  Hide that dog gone scale.

Help you need or some great tips you want to share: I set a timer on my computer that every hour in a half go get another cup of water. I use the 24oz tumblers. I have already had 1 this morning so I need at least 3 more  before I go home.

Positive statement about yourself: No more negitive thoughts Connie. Keep that body moving

• Hello everyone, this is "wantn2bahotmama". . .  had some wonky computer issues and needed to recreate new accounts for all my recent log-ins.  arrrrggghhhhhhh!

My new fitness pal login is the same . . . .  calinorge.   I refriended a few of you, but if any others on here want a "friend", find me!

I've been keeping with the cardio in place of weights this week because the week's been a hectic one.  I'm doing well on the meals and LOVE LOVE LOVE the myfitnesspal to keep track of my progress.   I can already see a difference in my "muffin top" - yippee!

Wishing everyone a successful and happy Wednesday!

• Ok....so apparently you ladies are all WAY smarter than I am....How did you figure out how to add MyFitnessPal by username?!?!  

Guess who tried on her pre-pregnancy jeans last night and got them ZIPPED!  HEY GIRL!  :-)  Ok, so they were stupid tight and I had some serious muffin top, but it was better than I expected.  I didn't think I'd get them past these thunder thighs.....

Workout planned(include your time of day): Lower Body Work Out/9pm-ish/Home Gym.  I don't think I've gotten a morning workout in all week!  :-/  I'll do it tonight though, so NBD.  

Foods planned:   M1:  EFL Pancakes/blackberries/coffee.  S1:  EAS Shake  M2:  Turkey/wheat bread/Avo/Spicy Mustard/Lettuce.  S2:  Cottage Cheese/Yogurt.  M3:  Boneless center cut pork loin/sweet potatoes/red peppers.  S3:  I may have to have more of those sweet potatoes....DELICIOUS!

Obstacles you have to overcome today:  Must get to bed on time tonight to workout in the MORNING tomorrow.  

Help you need or some great tips you want to share:  Not sure if this is bad or not....But I chew the Extra desserts gum a lot to help with cravings!  Root Beer Float and Lemon Bar....Mmmmmmm....

Positive statement about yourself:  The denim is tight now...but it won't be for long!!!!!  Also, I can rock a MEAN top knot.  :)

• Good morning,

Had a great night last night. Made baked jerk chicken breasts with wild brown rice and corn. Went for a small walk because it was raining. But came home  punched on the boxing bag for a little bit. Did some sit ups and worked on my Pillates chair.

Finally feels good to sweat. Before whenever i worked out I would never sweat at all. Not it is coming out of me..YEAH. Dang-Gina that is great news on the pants. That is always such a great feeling. I have a summer dress that I use to wear on the back of my bedroom door. Everytime I close my door I see it and it makes me smile. I talk to myself saying keep at it connie your not that far away. (even though I know I am hahahah) but I am not giving up. That is my goal to get into that dress. I can not wait to have that same feeling you had with your pants.

Workout planned(include your time of day): Since it is raining I will walk the treadmill tonight and do some weights

Foods planned:   M1:  Scrambled egg whites with pico de gallo and coffee.  S1: Protein Shake  M2:  lean cuisine salad additions  S2:  Yogurt & apple M3: I'm not to sure about dinner tonight  

Obstacles you have to overcome today:  Make sure you get on the treadmill. No excuses 

Help you need or some great tips you want to share:  I live at the top of a hill. When I am out walking an I start heading back up that hill it kills me and I always have to slow down or stop for a sec to catch my breath. I want to not stop anymore.

Positive statement about yourself. Your doing great grandma keep it up

• What's happenin' CCers?!

Connie, that damn scale. Give it a good heave-ho - or duct tape over the lbs and write w/ a sharpie your dream weight? Law of attraction - they say it works! Once 12 weeks is up, then take off the post it. Don't let that thing bring you down sister!

Dang_Gina, yeah girl! Awesome awesome awesome about the jeans. Wahooooo!

Calinorge, I concur myfitness pal is great! 

My yesterday blew. Not in the eating sense, just in the sense that I didn't workout. I'm not getting down on myself though because 1) I pretty much knew I would skip it as I don't want to do my lower body until next week (and feel like it's a legit reason) and 2) I really feel like I'm changing my eating/working out lifestyle. So for the moment, it's all goooooood! 

Workout planned: 20 min aerobic @ 4:30

Foods planned: 1. Greek yogurt + blueberries + coffee 2. Cottage cheese + mango 3. Whole wheat pita + turkey + tomato, lettuce, cucumbers + mustard 4. String cheese + grapes 5. Turkey meatloaf + mashed potatoes + green beans w/ EVOO 6. Protein shake

Obstacles you have to overcome today: Keep my energy…towards the end of the week I start to fizzle. But hey (as I talk to myself), what's 20 min on the treadmill, right?!? 

Help you need or some great tips you want to share:  "No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch." - as seen on Pinterest

Positive statement about yourself: Feeling good, KEEP.IT.UP!

Our free days are on the horizon peeps...keep it up!!!!!

• Hey Girlfriends!!!

I've been stalking this page all morning waiting for someone else to post so I didn't have back to backs ;-)

What I wanted to share so badly this morning was my new measurements!!!!  I lost 3 inches in my waist since last Thursday!  I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!  I did notice on Tuesday that I was able to wear my belt a little tighter :-) 

I'm taking my 2 week photos tonight....screw it, I'm going to post them!  I might cut out my face, just because this is a very public site and there are trolls about.  Has nothing to do with you ladies!

Workout planned(include your time of day): Cardio/6am/Spin Bike/Home.  Finally got in a morning workout!  I'm so excited to come home tonight and not have to worry about it. :) 

Foods planned:   M1:  EFL Pancakes/blackberries/coffee.  S1:  CC/Yogurt M2:  Turkey/wheat bread/Avo/Spicy Mustard/Lettuce.  S2:  Cottage Cheese/Yogurt.  M3:  Chicken Fajitas, Brown Rice.  S3: Shake/clems

Obstacles you have to overcome today:  Feeling kinda of weird/sick today; glad my workout is done so I can relax tonight.

Help you need or some great tips you want to share:  I work out in my home gym, so between sets during the 1-minute weight rests I booty-dance to whatever jam is on to keep my heart rate up. That, and well, I just like to "shake that ass!" 

Positive statement about yourself:  Keep leading by example and get those around you inspired to start their own BFL Challenge!  ( I definitely have 1 co-worker starting on Monday, and another contemplating.)

You girls are doing awesome!!!!  Keep it up!  And keep checking in--it helps!

• Dang_Gina, just as your name states, DANG GINA!!! Congrats on such amazing results!!! I'm raising my water to you - wahoooooooooooooo cheers! YEAH GIRL!

• PS, I posted my photos on my profile under "files".  Shhhhhhhhh ;-)

I don't see a lot of difference, but it's only been 7 days since the last photos.  

Thanks for the love, Eshorty!