Cottage Cheese Club

• Hi Girlfriends :-)  (unless there is a dude I missed.....)

Can I just say that I love this group?  So much awesome support; if we keep this up there's no way we won't succeed!  

So.  I just went to Sam's over my lunch hour.  And I spent about a million dollars.... Listen.  It's not my fault they have the cutest baby Carter's summer rompers for $6! Clearly, my little needed like 6 of them.  Anyway, I got tons of BFL items!  Huge things of Cottage Cheese, String Cheese, Turkey, Yoplait, protein bars AND (what up, sponsorship!) EAS Ready-Made Protein Shakes.  I feel so relieved that I at least have all my snacks taken care of for awhile!  Now about dinner tonight..... I kinda want to stop on the way home for spaghetti squash and make spaghetti with ground turkey....Real pasta for my husband, cause he can't handle the healthy.  ;-)  He did start working out this week though!  I wanted him to do this program with me, but at least he's back in the gym, too.  Not that he needs to worry about it.....He's a tennis pro and is on the court all day.  (just to be clear, he's no Federer.  He's a director at a local health club)

Workout planned(include your time of day): Cardio/Spin Bike in Home Gym/6:00am/Brothers & Sisters ;-) .....So about the alarm that went off at 5:30am....I was pretty sure that HAD to be a joke!  Totally my fault though--stayed up well past my bedtime.  Damn you, Southland! 

Foods planned:   8:00am:  PFL Protein Pancakes/1 clem/black coffee.  10:40am: LF Cottage Cheese/Yoplait.  12:30pm: Turkey on wheat/baby carrots.  4pm:  Planning on apple/2 LF String Cheese.  7pm:  Maybe the aforementioned spaghetti?!?!  9pm:  Perhaps a new EAS shake ;-)

Obstacles you have to overcome today:  Finding the balance!!!!  OMG, I need there to be 5 of me.  I feel like my schedule is insane:  5:30/6am workout, 8-5pm work, 5-7pm babytime, 7-8 dinnertime, 8-9babytime, 9-10ish Etsy business, 10ish can't keep my eyes open!  I'm sure you all feel the time crunch, too!  I need to shuffle a couple things around....or make my husband cook!

Help you need or some great tips you want to share:  I signed up for My Fitness Pal on my iphone today.  Same username as here.  I'm just interested in how many calories I take in.  I also downloaded a measurements tracker app this morning.  It's called Body Tracker.  It holds your measurements and shows your progress. 

Positive statement about yourself:  You is kind, you is smart, you is important.  -The Help.

• ooooh, also!  For those of you having a sandwhich for lunch, what kind of bread are you using?  I think I have some Aunt Millie Hearth Whole Wheat deliciousness.  BUT, it's like 100 calories a slice.  Um.....is that bad?  HELP!

• Gina, I have been using Weight Watcher Wheat Bread. It has 90 calories for 2 slices. 4 grams of fiber and 5 grams of protein. I had a turkey sandwich with mustard lettece and tomato on it for lunch along with an apple and it was really good. Hopefully this helps you. I also buy it at Walmart because it is cheaper there than the regular grocery store. Well at least here in Calif it. Have a wonderful day. Keep up the great work

• Happy Friday CCers!

Tiredofthis, did the fam weather the bleeding chicken? ;) Raw chicken scares me... And sweet tip on the bread, I'm going to give it a try. Wantn2bahotmama, I absolutely LOVE your comment about helping my too-thin sister - I'm going to look at it that way from now on. Ha!! And yeah, I hear ya on the all-or-nothing mentality. We have to give that up - my test will be this weekend (minus Sunday when I feast, of course). Dang_Gina, I concur, this group is friggin' fantastic! And if you want to link up on Myfitnesspal, I'm emolitaconchita (nickname my mom called me growing up). It's another way to be held accountable and this girl needs it fo shizzle. I'd love to link up with any CCers! Oooh, and I'll be checking out body tracker. Keep us posted on what you think about the app. Chubmama, where you at girl? Hope your oldest is feeling better and that you're hanging in there!

Workout planned: 30 min of running @ 4:30

Foods planned: breakfast = Fage 0% with strawberries; snack = Fage 0% w/ blueberries & strawberries; lunch = 1/2 whole wheat honey pita w/ lettuce, tomato, mustard, turkey; snack = apple + string cheese x 2; dinner = lean beef taco salad with 1/2 whole wheat pita; snack = frozen peas.

Obstacles you have to overcome today: It's Friday which is usually when I skip my workout, pick up a bottle of wine, make a nice dinner, ya know "treat myself" after a hard week. 

Help you need or some great tips you want to share: I've never taken my measurements…any advice? Also, has anyone gone anywhere to get their body fat measured? I might look into it, but if my measurements will tell me all I need to know, then I might just stick with that. Also, thanks to all for the great info - just knowing that we may not see results for 8 weeks (give or take), puts me in a way better state of mind to not give up. Please keep sharing what you hear!

Positive statement about yourself: Give 'er hell, you know that you have it in you! Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels, nothing tastes as good as skinny feels, nothing tastes as good as skinny feels… (note to self: repeat when you think of sweets)

• Friday check in!  I've been meaning to get on here all day and actually post--as opposed to super stalking :)

Workout planned(include your time of day): Lower Body Work Out/6am-ish/Home Gym.  Really good workout, only problem is I've been a couple minutes ahead of time...I think I finished around 39 minutes instead of the 42.  Hhmmm.

Foods planned:   8:00am:  PFL Protein Pancakes/1 apple/black coffee.  10:40am: EAS Shake--should have probably had a yogurt or apple with it.  it's pretty much all protein....  12:30pm: Turkey on wheat/baby carrots.  4pm:  Cottage Cheese/yogurt.  7pm:  I did make the spaghetti tonight using the squash.  Delicious.  9pm:  Cottage Cheese and Strawberries.

Obstacles you have to overcome today:  Saying no to the wine my husband kept telling me to taste.  Dammit, does it look like Sunday yet??!?!  No.  I haven't cheated once yet; let's keep it that way!

Help you need or some great tips you want to share:  Did you know there's only 40-some calories in a cup of spaghetti sqaush?!?!  Dude.  I may have totally cheated, but I had 2 cups.  WAY less cals than real pasta.  

Positive statement about yourself:  You is kind, you is smart, you is important.  -The Help

Oh!  I took my week 1 photos last night!  Thinking about posting....I wish this was a private group!  :-/

I hope everyone had an awesome day!  Get on here and check in, girls!

• Dang_Gina, I hear you on wishing it was a private group. Nice job on taking your pics! I have yet to do that and my camera battery is charging - tomorrow is the day….ahhhhhhhhh. And woo hooooooooooooooo on not cheating!!! Yesterday was a fail for me (as I hang my head in shame). I hate having to report in like this so lesson learned, especially now that I'm being held accountable by the CCers. Everything went great until I left work - starting gabbing on the phone, didn't workout, ate a salad (the kind in a bag - where it was a mix with dressing/tortilla chips), and then thought I would try making a cookie (the single serving kind in a mug). But I overcooked it so I didn't eat it…it was a major sign!! I just shook my head, tossed the burnt mess in the trash, laughed at myself, then vowed to get rid of all junk in my house. I'm cleaning out the cupboards tomorrow, followed by meal planning like a mo fo so I don't tempt myself again. My "excuse" for my crap day yesterday is that I am not starting the BFL program officially until Monday, so it's "okay" to not go full force - terrible, I know! So Monday, it's game on. No.more.excuses.

Workout planned(include your time of day): Running/walking to hit the intervals/sit-ups @ 5 pm.

Foods planned: BAD = breakfast had cereal w/ almond milk, coffee; BAD = snack - missed; lunch - turkey, whole wheat honey pita, mustard, lettuce, tomato; snack - cottage cheese w/ mango; dinner - lean beef taco salad; snack - cottage cheese w/ mango

Obstacles you have to overcome today: Going out with friends later…boooooooooze will be present.

Help you need or some great tips you want to share: Any advice on what you all think about using quinoa and almond milk in the meal plans? I love both and think they should be ok, but wanted to ask.

Positive statement about yourself: You are worth it!! Stay true to this change…your fit-self (and new found appreciation for yourself) is only a few months away!

• Hey Girls!  It's the weekend!  My free day is tomorrow and I'm pretty excited about it!  

Eshorty, girlfriend, don't even worry about it!  You're not officially starting till Monday.  Let me tell you, last weekend I totally went off the wagon before starting.  A big burger, beer, mexican, margarita (!), cookies, more beer.....you get the picture!  It's no big deal!!!  Oh, and I think that almond milk and quinoa are fine for the program--lots of protein :-)

Workout planned(include your time of day): Cardio/Spin bike/9pm.  So....I meant to get up before the baby this morning and do it, but....the idea of sleeping in was way too tempting.  So that's what I did. :-)  I'll get it done tonight after I put her down.  

Foods planned:   8:30:  2 eggs, 1 piece toast, strawberries, coffee.  11:30:  Cottage cheese and yogurt.  2:30:  Turkey sandwich on wheat with mustard and avocado, fresh green beans.  5:  Cottage CHeese and Strawberries.  7:  Leftover spaghetti?  10:  EAS Shake after cardio.

Obstacles you have to overcome today: Eating all my meals!  That baby of mine is a time sucker ;-)  When I'm at work I have no problem getting my meals on time.  Today....not so much.

Help you need or some great tips you want to share:  I've been keeping track on My Fitness Pal....Looks like I'm averaging around 1400 calories a day.  And getting lots of protein....but also LOTS of sodium.  Which is interesting, since most of the foods I'm eating aren't super processed.  Interesting nonetheless.  EShorty--doesn't look like you can add by screenname :(   

Positive statement about yourself:  You rocked the first week!!!

One I'm Adding:

Free Day Cravings/Plans:   I think we're going to go to this awesome breakfast place tomorrow once the baby gets up.  You have to get there super early or there's a huge wait.  I'm craving a cadbury egg and popcorn.  I'd also like a diet pop.  Oh, and a Bloody Mary.  Maybe a glass of chocolate wine on ice.  You know, just a few things :-)  Can't wait to see how many calories that is!  OMG.........

Where are the rest of our CCers?!?!  We miss you! :) 

• Happy Sunday morning ladies... Well today is my weigh in day after being on the program for 1 week and I can happily say that I have lost 6 pounds so far.. Yeah for me as I am patting myself on the back. My cheat day is usally Saturday but this past Friday we went out with other couples. I had 1/2 of a blue cheese and saute mushroom burger on whole wheat bun. No fries and 1 glass of wine. It was absolutley wonderful but honestly I really dont feel I enjoyed it as much as I think I should have because I felt so guilty.

So here it is Sunday and I will start a new week. Lets see what this one will bring.

Workout planned(include your time of day):  I am playing some tennis this morning and will work out on my Malibu Pilates chair.

Foods planned:  Scrambled eggs, 1 piece of whole toast and 1 piece of Turkey sauage, Snack... protein shake and apple. Lunch... I am not sure yet on the rest. I have to go to the store.

Obstacles you have to overcome today.. Drink more water. For some reason I dont drink as much at home than what I do during the week.

Help you need or some great tips you want to share:What is the Fitness pay that you are talking about and can I get that on Windows phone? Also does ice tea count as water? It is decaf

Positive statement about yourself. One week and 6 pds down Connie.. Keep up the good work and continue to think positive.

Have a wonderful day today

• What's up CCers?!

First of all, tiredofthis CONGRATS sister on the weight loss - wahoooooooooo!! Keep up the fantastic work!! Here is a link to put the myfitnesspal app on your phone: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/windows (Or, search for "MyFitnessPal" in the Marketplace on your phone). I manage my account online (desk job during the day) and through my iPhone so it's pretty much always at my fingertips. And not sure about the iced tea as water?? As long as it's unsweetened, brewed from a tea bag, I don't see why not. Sure some would say it's still not water, but to me, it's the next best thing :) 

Dang_Gina, hope you're enjoying your well-deserved free day! Tell us, what was your favorite cheat thing?!? I'm already planning my cheat day this week (will be Saturday)…ha! Regarding myfitnesspal, that's lame. I was playing around with it on my phone, but didn't see the option either. I'll peruse the online site as there's usually more options. If I figure it out, I'll send you a request! Same goes to anyone else out there - just share your usernames :) And maybe that's a work-around to setting private groups…hmmm, I'll do some digging.

I'll do a full report-in tomorrow once I dive in…What's crazy is that I've never been excited to start a program like this. Probably because I know I have the CCers! Now I'm off to take pics, measurements, and then hit the grocery store. 

Hope everyone is doing fabulous (CCers as well as anyone else reading these)! 

• Good job Mom! I am a sugar queen myself so I totally get that. I hope you find some yummy protein shakes (I likes cookies and cream.) that feel like a treat. Rice and chicken also never fail as a quick meal on the go! Hang in there!

• Workout planned(include your time of day): 3:00 Arm workout at the gym. Making myself do modified pull ups!

Foods planned(you can write your plan to give others ideas or just say whether you have all planned)

Open faced tuna sandwich for breakfast!

Obstacles you have to overcome today :

Don't worry about work!

Help you need or some great tips you want to share:

Drink water and don't go too long without eating!

Positive statement about yourself:

I am strong. I am healthy, I am not afraid of new challenges!

Go Body for Lifers! Excited to join this program TODAY!

• Welcome Hallie Bug!!!!  :)

And so begins week 2.....So yesterday was my free day.  And it was pretty awesome.  It was nice to have a day of rest and not think about diet.  That being said, I did feel a little sick during the day.  Not that it stopped me :)  But I was craving BFL options for dinner, so there's that.  :)

Breakfast:  1/2 egg white omelet with BACON and avocado, 1 slice rye bread with BUTTER.  Snack:  1/2 box of Good and Plenty--the BIG box, Bloody Mary. Lunch:  The rest of my breakfast.  Snack:  The rest of the good and plenty box....OMG.  Dinner:  Oatmeal with Blackberries, 2 glasses of red wine.  Snack--3 mini cadbury eggs. 

Soooooo, it looks like I was craving a buzz and lots of sugar!  ;)

But we're back at it this morning and feeling good!

Workout Planned:  UBWO/6am/Home Gym.  I only got half done this morning because I kept hitting the damn snooze button!  I'll do the last 2 when I get home tonight.

Meals:  M1:  Protein Pancakes/1 clem/coffee.  S1:  cottage cheese/yogurt.  M2:  turkey on wheat/avocado/lettuce/mustard.  S2:  String Cheese/Apple.  M3:  Stir Fry with Rice.  S3:  Cottage Cheese/Blackberries

Obstacles to Overcome today:  Keeping up my concentration level at work! 

Help or Tip:  Seriously, if you haven't already, please try the Protein Pancakes from EFL.  They are delicious and HUGE, which is awesome as I like to have a lot of food.  Here's the recipe if you don't have it:

Combine in a blender: 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 cup oatmeal, 1 cup egg whites, 2 splendas, a splash of vanilla, a few dashes of cinnamon.  Blend for 1 minute.  Cook like regular pancakes, 1/2 cup at a time.  This makes 2 servings.  You should get 4, 1/2 cup pancakes.  2 per serving.  (I made 4 batches yesterday and froze them for easy breakfasts.)  Use an electric griddle if you have one!  Serve with 1/4 cup sugar free syrup and 1/4 cup fruit. 

Quote:  “You aren't going to get the butt you want by sitting on the one you have.”

Keep checking in, CCers!  Have an awesome Monday!

• Also...Connie.  Down SIX POUNDS?!?!  That's Amazing!!!!  Keep it up!  

• Day 1 of 1….yeeeeeee hawwwwwwwww! I'm glad I took a majority of last week to focus on eating right while getting a few workouts in. I'm feeling prepared :) Bring it on! Oh and I took my pics last night.......can't wait to kick that hog to the curb!

Welcome Hallie Bug! Love it when people join in…so excited to have you!

Dang-Gina, glad to hear you enjoyed your free day and are rarin' to go again. Woop woop! Ooooh, love the recipe - will definitely try it.

Workout planned: Upper body weight training @ 4:30

Foods planned: 1. Protein shake (cookies & cream (?) from Eating-for-Life book) + coffee 2. Cottage cheese + blueberries 3. Whole wheat english muffin + turkey + tomato, lettuce, cucumbers + mustard 4. String cheese + grapes 5. Turkey meatloaf + mashed potatoes + green beans (from EFL book) 6. Protein shake (cookies & cream)

Obstacles you have to overcome today: (only one I can think of today) It's snowing so I might not make it home by 4:30 to workout...no biggie - I totally have this!

Help you need or some great tips you want to share: Please, if anyone sees anything wrong with my foods, let me know. I'm measuring out the portions, I just want to make sure the combos are correct.

Positive statement about yourself: You are healthy, do this for those who physically can't!

• Eshorty, have an awesome first day!  Your food list looks right on target!  Make sure you get some good fat in there someplace.  I'm adding avocado to my sandwich, as a suggestion :)

I have standing appointment with my husband to take my photos every Thursday night at 9pm.  I'm thinking on Friday I'll post updates and measurments.  :)