Starting 2/18

• FREE DAY!

• More of a free weekend for me again, but given that yesterday was Meatfare Sunday I expected that and made allowances. Back on track now. The weekend was crazy and I didn't get measurements done, so no progress report.

• Okay... My first real setback, but I'm back with it.

Fell ill last Wednesday, so I worked out with a fever and nearly threw up in the gym. Felt even worse after, so I took Thursday off to rest. Friday I drove for 8 hours and lived in a hotel, where all the gym equipment was broken... I brought food, but with two roomates and a group of 8 always eating out for meals, I caved. I did pretty well Friday and Saturday, maintaining small portions and trying to eat some semblence of protein and carbs, but Sunday and Monday were goners. I reverted back to the old habits and worse.

I'm pressing past though, and ready for what today will bring. I'm back to my meals, in every way, and will be back in the gym dark and early tomorrow. It's harder than ever picking back up after that failure, but I know within a few days I'll feel great again, and be back in the swing of things.

Definitely part of the learning experience, though. I don't want to mess up like that again!

Today's Scripture:

1 John 1:9- "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us and cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

Not that eating out was a sin, but I've shunned it so long and done so well, I felt incredibly guilty. I talk to God like I talk to a friend, so I just repented and said 'I slipped up.' And now it's time to move on. My body will cleanse itself of the nasty foods and the cravings will subside again, and I will see the changes I know are coming!

• Sorry to see that the posts seem to be falling off.  Hopefully the others will get back on here and share their successes.  We've all struggled at one time or another.

Cardio for me today.  Decided to mix it up a little and use a stationary bike.  Good results.  Also a reminder on how a little different motion can impact a different set of muscles.  

Food plan has been good.  Like many, weekends are still tougher for me because I'm back home and not in the sterile environment.  

Keep doing all things through Christ, who strengthens you!

• I've got a lot of preparation to do for the start of Great Lent next week, so I will be "offline" until March 25-26 or so. Everybody keep on keepin' on!

• Finally back in the gym today, and it was incredible. I cannot believe the difference in what I can lift easily compared to just three weeks ago, even with some time off. I was actually craving the gym last night, I needed to get back in charge of my body! Just picking back up like I hadn't stopped, so I did UB today. Nailed some things I'd failed before, and need to work on some other stuff, but I had that great feeling of 'I-can't-wash-my-hair-because-my-arms-won't-lift-up'. I think I could become addicted to that feeling very easily.

So glad I got back into it today, it gave me a renewed vigor to see this through.

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the thoughts I think toward you, saith the Lord. Thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end."

I really focused on the end of that today- "... an expected end." This journey, although a lifelong change, is twelve weeks of high intensity changes to our lives. At the END of that 12 weeks, we'll expect to see results. How refreshing that God's thoughts toward us are the same- He gives us an expected end, an end that He knows could come to pass if we do all we can. I'm putting that into this program. I expect to see some things, and I WILL see them!

• UBWO today.  Focusing on shoulders, bi, tri.  Really good workout.  It's really amazing to recognize how much your shoulder does with any arm movement.  It really is the connecting point.

Ate well today, except for a dinner recipe that didn't turn out so well, so I settled for a quick (and poor choice) burger.  

Another cardio run tomorrow.  Excited for the alarm clock to go off.  How ridiculous is that??!!

• Today was Cardio. My goal has been to go two miles on the elliptical (at least, I think it's two miles. I go until it says 2, so whatever that 2 is!), so I'll do the 19 minutes of HIIT, then go at a level 6 or 7 for a few minutes, then cool down at a 5 until I hit 2. Pushed it harder today, and I shaved nearly a minute off since last time. I'm pretty happy with that, considering I felt like I could've pushed it harder but my breath wouldn't catch up with my legs... if that makes any sense.

Felt a good pain in my UB today, which was refreshing. Tomorrow is LB, and I'm thrilled for it!

Today's scripture:

Matthew 6:33- "Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you."

This was a necessary one for me today. I usually get up and read the Bible and pray for about 30-40 minutes before I go to the gym, but this week I've been sleeping in a little and it's been cutting into my devotion time. That's not a sacrifice I'm willing to make. If I want to see this program through, I know I need to rely on Him to get me through it!

• Hi all - I keep forgetting to check in but I wanted to report that I am doing really well with this challenge. I have been consistent with my workouts and continue to eat right.

Yesterday I was asked by two separate individuals if I had lost a lot of weight.. wow!!! And then 3 other people said I looked really great!!

Funny thing is that the scale hasn't budged but about a drop of 2lbs but my clothes are feeling looser and I can see muscles starting to appear! YAY!!!

I am posting a picture on my profile of myself right now to compare to where I was when I started... And in the media gallery there are a couple pics of me on the start date... i look pregnant.. very embarrassing but now - it's crazy, I'm not bloated, my body is starting to look tighter, my skin is clearing up and I feel so vibrant. This is the best thing ever - I do love it!!

• I'm still going strong. I'm down about 9lbs.

• Awesome!! Dom!

• PS: I got the Betagen and just started using it. To my surprise I actually like it and I do NOT retain water from it like everyone warned me I would. I really like this product and highly recommend it!

• Anna and Dom, great to hear you're still with it.  Congrats on the results, so far!  

Cardio today.  Stair climber.  Great time!  Looking forward to the exercise part of the free day.

• Well, St. Patty's day was worth it. The corned beef was delicious, I ate one big meal and then had some ice cream for dinner. Definitely a free day!

Was fighting a cold over the weekend, and nose was still running this morning but I didn't want to stay home again! I didn't do any cardio, specifically, on Saturday since I was doing some remodeling and moving a whole lot of furniture up and down stairs most of the day. I ate well enough, missed a meal but still only ate appropriate things.

However- I'm feeling super pumped this week. Last night, I took all my measurements again, and I'm down almost 5% in body fat to 22.5%. What an incredible feeling. My goal has been to hit 15%, and it's clearly within the realm of possibility now. Praise the Lord! Additionally, the scale is down 9 pounds to 238, which puts me at a total loss of 14 lbs of fat, and a gain of 5 lbs of muscle. Wooo!!

As we start week 5, I encourage you all to keep at it! I know that we've not been posting as much, but I pray that you're feeling this habit start to sink in, as I am. We can, and we will, see this through! We're almost halfway!

Today's Scripture:

Romans 8:28- "God worketh all things together for good for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose."

Think of BFL as part of your current purpose in life. You are purposing, in your heart of hearts, to get in shape and put the old habits and ways behind. This has to work out for good- even one pound lost is GOOD!

• Cardio yesterday.  UBWO today - feeling good.  Seeing some positive results in my blood pressure lowering.  Ready to keep on pushing.  We're closing in on a 1/3 of the way there!