Getting enough protein

• My boyfriend and I started the BFL on April 26th. We are following the menu and schedule very rigidly. We are using the Eating for Life cookbook and it is phenomenal. My concern is that he is 6'4" and weighs 240 lbs. and is a drywaller/construction worker. He is using his carb and protein very quickly. I am concerned about him crashing. He hasn't really complained but if asked he will say it feels like he is burningup his meals within a 30 min period. Would it be okay to up his intake by about half to keep him running or will his body adjust? Thanks.

• Men need more carbs and protein than women do. If he is eating with you and only getting in 20 G's protein and 20 g's carb per meal, he needs to up it. Our bodies are just build differently and have different needs. I think men need about 30 g's of each.

Stacy Lynn

• The average rule of thumb is 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight divided by 6 meals per day.   Your husband needs larger MEALS than you but still needs the balance of carbs and protein.   That means he would average 40 grams of protein per meal. 

You can find all sorts of supporting data at www.hussmanfitness.org

It explains every aspect of the program and how it works from the scientific side. 

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory