Finally

• YAY!  I finally got my book yesterday and can't wait to read the entire thing from front to back.  Due to I have not been exactly on plan this week, I will officially start monday.  I will have the entire weekend (besides saturday for 6 hours looking for a nursing home for my dad) to read the book.  I know how to do the 12 week challenge but for once I am going to do a plan correctly as in read the whole book not just the diet part.  This forum has already been such a wonderful source of info and encouragement.  I really am going to try and get hubby to do this with me but will not hold my breath.  Again thank you to everyone that has been helping me with my endless questions.  Oh, DebbieMO is not big on my forum name (hehe) so anyone that wants to know my name is Diane

• Congratulations Diane!!  

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Diane, I'll call you anything you want me to call you!! lol! Glad you got your book and best wishes for your challenge!

I wish my husband would do the challenge also, but he is not disciplined at all, has tried it before, but it was "too much planning" for him...he's missing out! :)

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• Hi, Diane.

I have owned my book since 1999.

Although I am in the 3rd week now, of my first challenge - 10 plus years later, it was because I read the book through 10 years ago, and never forgot.

Now, as of the last week or so of doing the challenge, I felt like I needed something more to strengthen and brace my mind up toward my goals.

So, I went back to the book and completed the exercises to write my reasons for change, write down my  dreams and setting time schedule to them, thus turning them into goals!

Writing down the (3) things that will hinder my progress, and the (3) that will help my progress.

Do the written exercises. It is very important to re-enforce your thoughts in a positive direction by writing them down, and reading them everyday.

It gave me the extra boost I needed to keep going.

It will work for you!

Best regards!

"What you put in, is what you are going to get back."

- Terry

• Hi Terry, I got your email about frienship request but when I click on the link it takes me to server error.  I tried 5 different times but it still comes up server error.  Thanks for the reply

• Diane -

Like Terry I've had my book since around 2001.  I actually have two because after I forgot about this whole Body-For-Life and misplaced my book (stored in a box somewhere after years of moving).  One time 2004, I borrowed my ole roommate's book since I couldn't find mine.  I figured he wouldn't miss it and if he did he'd ask for it back.

I never really took on a real challenge until this year, just something inside me said I need a real change, and for the first time in those 9+ years I read cover to cover of that book and it hit home.  It's like Bill Phillips was speaking directly to me here and now.

So yes I know the importance of the book and how excited you must feel.  It's like a foundation and an anchor point and somewhere you can search for answers.  ( I refer to it constantly now and try to read something daily from it.  I always learn something)

I keep my ole roommates' (lost contact with him, he got married and moved on) book because it's symbolic to me.  It shows that we can have all the knowledge in the world, but until you apply that knowledge and actually do something about it, then nothing happens.

So prepare and plan.  Make sure you take your before pictures (Because Monday you are entering an OFFICIAL CHALLENGE), write yourself your personal letter.   And go for it!

Oh and go get yourself a little stuffed Hippo if you don't already have one.  Although DebMo doesn't like it (Deb - you know you're my hero!), I know you're reasons for choosing that name.

Friends used to call me Panda, and I didn't like it.  Now I have a lil stuffed Panda's and just reminds me of what I don't want and it motivates me to things I do want.  Makes life fun.

Good Luck Diane - Can't wait to hear about your experiences as you transform forward  =)

~Marqui D. C1W8D54