Starting 1/14/13 - Looking for support

• Hello everyone,

I am starting my  12 weeks today.  I am looking to hook up with people on here that are willing to stick with the program and are willing to become part of a support group to help keep me and others motivated.  Let me know if you are interested.  Thanks in advance for your help.

• Hi,

I started yesterday so count me in!

Managed 7 weeks last time and was happy with what was happening, just fell off the wagon after moving address.

This time I'm doing the full 12 weeks.

• Hi all,  I'm starting today too and would like to be a part of a supportive group.  I'm in the worst physical condition of my life so I have alot of work to do and I'm hitting 50 this year.  I know it won't be easy.  The transformation stories and pics are really inspiring and I want to be one.

Susan

• I am also starting today.  I did Body For Life a few years ago and had GREAT results, I'm looking forward to getting there again.

• I am starting the Challenge today too! I hope to see all of you in week 12!

• I am also starting today. I "warm up" last week to not suck at the gym, but I am officially starting today.

• The " No Flans in Jan, BFL Crew"

• How did everyone do yesterday???  My cardio was good, very hard but I did it.  Also managed to follow my meal plan all day, even into the evening when I usually have problems.  It was a killer to not have my usual glass of wine or cocktail at the end of the day - but I logged onto the BFL site and read other's success stories.  much better choice.  how did you guys do?

• Hey everyone, Thanks for being here to help each other out on their journey for sucess on the BFL.  Susan, yesterday went well for me as well.  I hit the weight room and had a very good workout and my eating was spot on.  I hope that everyone else had a great first day and the remaining 83 will be done before you know it.  Remember, should you feel down, tired, or  just need a question answered we are here for you.

• Hey Josh, I started my 12 weeks yesterday as well.  Glad to see a good number of people starting on this date.   Looking forward to the journey ahead.  This is my first time to do the challenge.  I had been in pretty good shape over the years, but recently have let my self go somewhat. While I've been relatively consistent with workouts, they defnitely lack purpose.   With a long daily commute and some travel involved with my work, it is really easy to make bad nutrition choices.

Leave no doubt everone!

• Hello everybody, Shawn and Hope here:)

We started the challenge yesterday, but have been getting geared up for the past week eating healthier, so we kind of had a running start.  We did upper body weights last night, my arms are a bit sore, but feels good.  The cardio run this morning was crazy!  I am a long distance runner, but have put on 25 lbs in the past 2 years and my running has really slacked off.  I felt the same fatique of a 10km jog after a 20 minute intense run this morning.  The food is great so far.  Like Susan though, I will miss my glass of red wine every evening....saving that for Sunday nights.  Shawn did this program in 2004 and he was ripped at the end...so I have immense faith that this will work.  Good luck all.

Hope and Shawn

• I did great yesterday, feeling sore from the upper body workout but what a good pain it is!  Got up at 5 am and did my cardio.  My eating has been on track so we just take it a day at a time.  I wish I would have never fallen off this program but I know it works and I know I will once again have great results.  Congratulations to all of you as well!

• Hi! I am beginning today, Jan 15, so count  me in. -paul

• I am also in.  I've done the body for life several times in the past, and with great results.  The first time I did it I lost over 30 pounds and was in awesome shape for many years, then my wife and I went though the having kids stage, and of course the stress of that resulted in us both putting the weight back on plus some.  It's been hard to motivate myself to get back on the wagon, but now I'm in.  I am going to do it.  There, now that I said it I have to.  

The greatest challenge of doing this, I think, is the first two weeks.  If you can get through the first two weeks....  

• I started yesterday too!  So count me in.  I have a question, usually I pig out in the evening.  Usually I'll eat popcorn, cookies and ill have a beer.  Well last night I didn't do that and I'm really struggling with it.  Any ideas on healthy food to snack on in the evening?