Starting 1/14/13 - Looking for support

• Had a kickass LB w/o and came home to a package from FedEx on my doorstep...oh boy- Goodies!

• Posted pics in my profile...middle two are at the start.

8 weeks to get to those mocking jeans!

• I started around 1/14 and did a weigh in and bf check at the doctor last week at the 4 week mark.  I gained 2 lbs of muscle, gained 1 lb overall, and gained 1 percent of bf.  how is this possible?!  I have been waking up at 5 am and following the workouts almost exactly (skipped the back and calf exercises due to injuries) but otherwise work out so hard I often feel quest by the end.  My eating has not been as perfect, but I do eat healthy snacks and meals, but perhaps not enough protein?  More like 25 pr 30% and between 1200 and 1400 cals per day.  I am 5'1" and frustrated!  Any help out there?

• Day 6 of Week 4!  Tomorrow is free day.  Shawn and I were not home till 8 last night...so we skipped our UBWO.  We are going to try and do cardio and UBWO tonight, to make up.  We are both noticing big changes in our once flabby bodies.  My jeans are not cutting me off in the mid section anymore:)  It is inspiring to feel the progress.  I hope everybody had a wonderful week.  Hugglemama, welcome to our group.  I think maybe you are not eating enough...and your body will go into starvation mode, which means anything that goes into your mouth will be stored as fat.  I am not an expert, but I am pretty sure that 1400 calories/day is not enough fuel for your body....especially considering you are working out.  I have tried a few starvation type diets in the past and they do not work.  If you stick to the meal plan/suggestions in the book you will eventually lean out:)  Good luck!

Have a great weekend everybody!

PS...Good on you Bobby for posting your pics!

Hope And Shawn.

• Hi! Yesterday morning as I retrieved my newspaper, I did the big slip fall on the invisible ice on my driveway. . . .  .went to the ER. . . .had xrays as a precaution. . . . and was diagnosed with a sprain of my right shoulder. . . .  the rest of me is AOK.  I cannot raise my right arm laterally upward to the front or side at all. I guess that will put a damper on my chest and shoulder work for a while. However, the challenge will go on as planned.  The injury hasn't effected several UB exercises (shrugs, lat work, curls, tri extension press downs).  My  leg and ab work along with my cardio will continue onward.  I guess for now that I'll be concentrating on what can be done instead of what cannot be done.. . . still plan to post a second set of pics on the 15th. -paul

• Hugglemama- Don't measure your progress by weight alone. I wouldn't worry about those statistics. The two additional pounds of muscle is fantastic!  It takes time for your body to adjust to the new routine. The two extra pounds of muscle will mean more calories burned. If you continue with your diet and workout you should see more muscle mass added and body fat lost. The math involved is predictable. . . . . .  if calories burned is greater than calories consumed YOU WILL REDUCE YOUR BF WITH TIME.  - paul

• It is such an odd paradox...I feel better, I feel stronger, I can feel my muscles when I shower, but when I did measurements and weighed in, nothing had changed since the beginning! Having been throught this program before, I am not going to panic...but I get how it might be very disturbing to others when "nothing" has changed in 4 weeks! What I need to focus on is the fact that I feel better, stronger, etc. I know the measurements will delight me around week 10 or 12!

this is the part of the program where perserverance has got to move to the forefront as our watchword!

Keep it going!

• So sorry to hear about your fall Paul!  I am glad you didn't injure yourself too badly.  Hang in there;)

• On another note, I had the best run on Saturday.  I hit a new level 10! I am feeling stronger each week.  I too haven't seen much weight loss in the past 2 weeks, but I feel leaner and healthier.  Keep up the good work everybody!

Hope

• Hello all, hope you are doing well.  Bobby keep going and don't let the measurements get you in a bad spot.  Just keep thinking about the end as this is a marathon and not a sprint.  The results will begin to show.  Hope keep pushing yourself and keep smiling.  I have a big test the next couple of days as I will be traveling.  I used to eat to help keep myself going and to help pass the time when I drive.  I am going to do my best to stay on track and stay away from the junk.  My biggest issue is I typically drink around 2 gallons of water a day.  I can't do that while I am traveling or I will never arrive at my destination for all of the bathroom breaks I would have to take.  I use the water to help curve the cravings for food.  So if you get a chance please keep me in mind and help keep me on track the next couple of days.  Luckly I will be able to get my UBW in tomorrow morning before I have to pull out.  I can do my cardio in the hotels and I will be back in time on Friday to get my LBW in before the gym closes.  Have a great rest of the week everyone.  I'll check in if I get a chance, if not I will talk to everyone on Saturday.

• Good luck, Josh- looking forward to your report on Sat.

It's been an active couple of days- I am involved in a short sale (buying), and it was FINALLY ok'ed by the sellers bank on Monday and there was a home inspection yesterday ( some electrical upgrades are needed, and a bit of plumbing to straighten out, but it's in good shape overall). It will close on March 11. Yeah!! I found this place and put an offer in on it Aug 28...that is almost 6 months ago! It has what I want concerning space and layout and yard, but the biggest thing is location! You can change things with hammers and nails and paint, but you can't change it's location! the funny thing is that it is 3 blocks from where I live now! I drive by it every day and imagine what i will do with the yard and such...finally I know when it will become a reality. Whew.

Still hitting the gym and working out hard- really helps reduce the stress and I love the way i feel afterwards. Gotta be more vigilant about my diet...they say that this program is 90% diet...they also say "you can't out-exercise a bad diet" How do "they" know so much??!!

Go get 'em!

• hello all!  I've been following your posts and finally found a minute to post myself.

Paul - sorry to hear about your fall but glad it wasnt worse.  and cudos to you for such a great attitude, you'll work around it and not let it stop your good progress.

Bobby - I hear your frustration.  i did my end of week four weigh & measure, I did lose 6 pounds but didnt lose an inch anywhere.  I dont get it but I'm sticking with it.  Hoping I'll be one of those people who said it all started changing around week 7 - 8.  and congrats on your house!  that's terrific!  and I understand the 3 blocks away thing - I once bought the house across the street from me and moved.  neighbors thought I was nuts but it backed to the forest/state land and I just loved it. no regrets!

Josh - I know you're still traveling but stick to your plan.  You can do it - you'll figure out a way to overcome each obstacle and make it work.

Hugglemama - welcome and wish you the very best success!

Hope & Shawn - sounds like you're doing awesome! I think you're right too - we have to eat enough and good nutrition/protein  to build those fat burning muscles we want.  glad you both are doing so well - helps motivate me too!

ok - did a really good LBWO today, had that familiar burn feeling, with a good increased heart rate and sweat.   My phrase for the day - SWEAT IS YOUR FAT CRYING!!!     have a great BFL day and weekend all!

susan

• Good morning everyone,

Been a crazy busy week which began on a sad note.  I lost my last remaining grandparent this past weekend.  My grandmother was 96.  She only began to have problems in the past year.  She was the most godliest person I've known.  I will certainly miss her.

Paul - hope your shoulder heals quickly.  You are handling it well and it obviously hasn't affected your attitude as you are adjusting and working around.  Champions find ways, not excuses.

Bobby and Susan, understand completely. My results have been relatively moderate....about 6lbs and a few inches lost overall..think I gained a few lbs in the 4th week. Still, we are not even haflway and will continue to follow program 100%.

Josh, good job in remaining consistent even with the challenge of traveling.

Hope, glad to hear you consistently hitting your 10's....that's where the real changes come from.

Good UPWO this morning.  Keeping focus on proper form and control of the weights.  Hit a few 10s myself.

Have a great weekend everybody!!

• Thank you everyone for your positive thoughts and suggestions.  I did as you said and just kept plugging away, then inexplicably weighed myself 2 days ago and lost 2 lbs over night!  Bizarre. Nothing for 4 weeks and then 2 lbs!  I do feel more energetic, stronger, and somehow more 'solid'.  I look forward to more changes to come!  Reading about Paul's injury and how he keeps going is inspiring!  No excuses, eh?  And Josh, traveling is always a challenge for me too.  Any suggestions on how to eat the right way on the road, which restaurants to pick, what to order?  Thanks everyone!