12/31 Group Check In - Monday, Week 3!

• Hey everyone - Happy Monday and happy week three!  We are here!  How is everyone doing?  My free day was pretty nice - i had a little something-something at each meal.  Luckily, I didn't feel icky like i did last week.  I'm back on track and ready to have a great week 3. 

Go, Becca, Go!  Tri Tri Again!  www.tinyurl.com/rebecca2013  

• Thanks for starting the Monday thread - WEEK 3! YAY! Sounds like a great free day Tri-Tri. I just had a hard UBWO - I definitely pushed it today. Did some one arm bicep curls and noticed my left arm is weaker than my right. I used a barbell today for chest press instead. Loved it. And I worked my triceps first to really exhaust them. My track pants that I felt were snug before Xmas fit great today. I am starting to see some changes. Off to a busy day - it's warm out here - 54, but supposed to drop into the 40's later. I'm not a winter person so I constantly look ahead for spring!! I feel very motivated knowing when it warms up in March I will feel really good about wearing shorts vs. dreading it as I often do when I am not in shape. Have a great day everyone!

• Hey guys-

I responded to the weekend thread, but will respond here as well.  I started on 1/1, but would love to hook up with your thread too.  So far so good for me.  I managed to kick myself out of bed to work out in the morning, which is HUGE for me.  :)

@tri-tri - do you do triathlons?

@tpup- it's definitely harder to work out in the winter.  Just think- we will be fit by the time it warms up!

-Laura

• Hi Laura, please do join us.  We have a small group of folks who check-in and respond regularly.  Yes, I do triathlons, a few per year.  Love 'em and looking to perform stronger and faster as i progress through this program.  =)    You can click on my screen name to read a little more about me.  Oh, and you all can call me Rebecca.  =)  

• Great weekend even though the Seahawks lost. It's snowing here now so a weakness I have is always wanting something warm and yummy to eat. I had a shrimp and avocado salad for lunch and it was really good.

Rocked my UBWO. If I don't feel the burn then I do an extra rep or two because it's hard sometimes to up the weight and then I put a star by it to know to try a harder weight next time.

I read on another post that it usually takes women 8 weeks to notice big changes on this program so stay strong.

• That's good to know Loriea.  So far, at the start of week 3, i've had no real weight loss and no inches lost.  I'm not worried about it becuase i know i am sticking to it 100% and it will take a while to see results.  I'm in it for the whole 12 weeks.  Even if i only lose a few pounds and a few inches, it will be worth it.  I figure I will probably need a few "rounds" of the program to get where I want - and then we stick with it to maintain.  =)   I just hope to see SOMETHING at the end of week 4.  

• You might have seen this already, but if not, i just found this on another thread.     bodyforlife.com/.../462.aspx

• The other thing I've noticed is how good my skin looks so that's  an added bonus!!