Time to get back on track...with BFL!!

• Hello :)

I have struggled with my weight for the last 10 years during which time I hit my all time heaviest at 185 lbs.  This pasted year I came close to reaching this weight once again and I worked very hard to drop 12 lbs within the year.  But I have a goal!  My goal is to lose another 25 lbs so I can have my weight scale read 145 lbs!!!  So I am back to BFL to give me that extra push to help me turn my dream into a reality!

It has been 3+ years since I did my 1st bfl challenge, where I lost a total of 9lbs and 9 inches!  I was happy with these results and then I got complacent.  Now I'm back and turning to the bfl forum, as I know it was instrumental in helping me the last time.  It keeps me accountable and everyone is so encouraging and supportive!

So today I am starting my 2nd BFL challenge!  

Round 2 here we go!

Cheers :)

• Had a great cardio day!  Working my eating schedule within my shift work schedule which is not an easy task.

All in all, I feel as if a heavy load has been lifted off my shoulders.  Committing to do this challenge and working to reach my goals has given me a sense of confidence and determination!

Feels great to be heading on the right track and to a more fit and healthy self! :)

• Hello!

Today is day 3 on BFL! I had my cardio run when I got up and felt great.  Yesterday was upper body and I sure felt that too! :)

Eating has been a success thus far as well.  Trying to keep each meal within a 300 calorie amount is working me.  I have been logging my food and calories with the myfitnesspal on my iphone for almost a year now and it has become everyday practice for me.

I finally got around to getting my "before" pictures done today.  Looking at those photos made me realize just "how in denial" I have been concerning my weight.  I didn't think I was THAT big!!  Well my eyes are wide open now!! Time to move forward and really make this challenge count!!

On the plus, my brother has decided to join my in a challenge!  I'm so proud of him and it will be great to have each other for support!  :)

I'll keep you posted with the progress :)

• Congrats on taking the challenge again!

It sounds like you are off to a great start.

Use those pictures as motivation to keep going when times get tough or you don't want to work out.

I start on Monday and feel good about my prep.

Keep up the good work!

Eric

• good luck

• Good Morning :)

Today is day 5 on BFL!

Last night was an awesome lower body workout!  I was a little worried that my run today would be difficult, but I pushed through and I am feeling great!  I have to admit, I'm tired and my body is sore and stiff, but I know its for all the right reasons!  

I been working very hard to stick with the eating plan as well, apparently I'm doing something right because I decided to weight myself today and low and behold I've lost 2lbs already!  Probably water weight, but I feel different ~ lighter, smaller and I can actually see a difference.  

I have NEVER had such a great start to any program.  Like I said at the beginning, I have struggled with my weight for the last 9+ years, so I'm thinking what am I doing differently from all the other times?

This time I am;

Inspired:

I have seen some wonderful transformations (before and after pictures) on this forum that are so inspiring, of course I want to achieve my own amazing transformation. I have dreamed about it for a long time!

Commited:

I am committed to myself to achieve this goal and to finally get rid of the dream and turn it into a reality! I deserve to be a happier, healthier me!

Focused:

Remember it's no longer a dream, but a goal to be achieved!  All the hard work that has been put in previously has gotten you where you are today!

Determined:

Sure I'm tired, I'm sore, but it's only a 20 minute cardio run, or 45 minute upper/lower body workout! Out or your whole day ~ that is nothing!!  So make each workout count (thanks Justacetoday for the motivation)!!

Loved:

Love thyself.  I do deserve to be a happy, healthy person and have a fit, trim body.  I have love all around me with my family and friends who want me to be around for a very long time. Health is the key to have a long and fullfilled life!

It's a new year and a new beginning!  Let's make it happen! :)

Cheers

Lohnny

• Thanks Eric and Raf for the encouragement! I will definitely use those before pics as motivation!  Good Luck with your program. :)

• Well first week is down and I feel it went very well. Whoo Hoo!  :)

My "Reward Day" was nothing over the top.  Pretty much stuck to the diet plan until dinner but I didn't over do it.  I did have popcorn as my reward snack!!  Ate only until I was satisfied :)  I even thought about working out on Sunday, but I felt a rest day was warranted!

Week 2 is on!  Just finished a great lower body workout! Had to keep switching up the weights to make sure I was working too my limits...I'm actually stronger than I think!

Further to why this challenge will be different;

I will be accountable for my transformation!  I am the one who is in control of how this challenge will go!  You only get out what you put in!

Happy Monday! :)

Cheers,

Lohnny

• Good Morning :)

Week 2 is complete and it went not too bad overall.  Had extra work shifts this week, so I tried to be as organized as possible to get through it.  I did missed one cardio workout that I added to my lower body the next day and my reward day was Saturday instead of Sunday this week.  Also feel like I might be fighting off a bit of a bug, so I will have to listen to my body to make sure that I am not doing more harm than good.  Really need to get caught up on my sleep and that could be half of the problem.  Working shift work is hard on the body at the best of times.  

That is why I never get up at 4am to do a cardio workout before I go to work...I realize that my sleep is more important than running before I eat in the morning.  I am already sleep deprived half the time.  For this to work into my life on the long term I have to make it work into my schedule.  It may not be by the book everyday, but I still do get my workout in and that is what is important.  :)

Week 3 here we go!

Areas for improvement:

Meals - plan better and keep it simple.

Keep it Going!!

Lohnny

• Good Morning All!

So last week had a rough patch, but we pulled through, continued on and looking forward to the future!  I had to double up one day with lower body and cardio and I did miss one cardio day all together last week.  I made a choice that I needed to catch up on my sleep more than I needed to do a cardio workout.  

Week 3 has a great start to it!  I see the light at the end of the tunnel with my crazy work schedule.  I have been working way too much and it's been a challenge to say the least...but it is about to go back to normal!  Yay!  I need the rest (from work).  

My goal for this week is to lose 1 lb to eat clean, increase my cardio intensity by .5mph on each level and get lots of rest.

Cheers :)

Lohn

• My last nightshift tonight and I can't wait for 4 days off!!  Yipeeee!

I had my run today and decided I'm going to do a little extra today, so after cardio I put in the P90X Ab Ripper X video and thought wow, this is hard!!  LOL....but it won't be for too long, especially if I add it to my weekly routine twice a week! ;)

Still eating very clean...so proud of me.  I made this very yummy wrap today and it's so simple...

1. whole wheat tortilla

2. 1/2 of a avocado

3. 2 hard boiled eggs

4. baby spinach leaves

basically mash the avocado and spread it on the tortilla, put as much baby spinach as you like, add eggs (sliced), salt and pepper to taste, wrap and eat! YUMMO!  

Cheers,

Lohnny

• Hey Lohnny- great to read your posts...there is a group that started on the 14th, too, and we would love to have you join in our thread ! It's under the headline of Starting Jan. 14, Need Support (or something very close to that!)

I'm in the Seattle/Tacoma area- BobbyA

• Hi Lohnny! Thanks so much for sharing your goals and progress so far. I'm a week behind you, started Jan 21st.  I can totally relate to the crazy work schedule and accompanying challenges with that.

I will chime in more over the weekend.

Good luck, enjoy your workout Friday and keep it up!

-Val