12/31 Group Check-In Thursday 1/10

• Hi Everyone! Hope you all had a good cardio w/o today! I did the usual TM running and I feel like I am getting faster! Unfortunately I did have dessert last night - it was my Birthday - my family took me out for dinner and I ate very healthy - grilled scallops appetize, and for dinner poached pear salad with grilled flank steak. I did have 1/2 glass of wine and then a molten choc chip cookie dessert. I did NOT eat the ice cream that came on it and can tell you I felt SOOOOOOOO tired afterwards, I won't be repeating it anytime soon. Wine and dessert did me in. I still did my cardio this morning and amazingly didn't feel too bad. The best news is I didn't QUIT or feel like I blew it. I am just forging ahead, and my birthday only comes once a year. For me alot of this journey is learning how to cope with days like Bdays, holidays or days when we do have a setback...and to not consider it a setback but a learning experience and listen to our bodies and how we feel.

How are you all doing today? Have a great BFL day!!

• I'm here!  I've just had a very busy morning with work.  LOL   I'm still doing great, but I feel like my UBWOs are not hard enough.  I don't feel as sore the next day as I think I should.  I'm upping my weights and doing everything.  Not sure.  I'll comb through other threads to see if anyone has any suggestions.  

Happy Birthday tpup!  Back on track - that's the best BD present ever!  I also had a piece of cake last week for my hubby's BD.  

Keep up the good work everyone.

Go, Becca, Go!  Tri Tri Again!  www.tinyurl.com/rebecca2013  

• Happy Birthday! Great job getting back on track and NOT QUITTING.

I did a TRX circuit bootcamp class. I know. Not cardio, but they had a free demo.

Got my heartrate up but there was strength work in it too. Used battling ropes. My arms are sore already.

Glad you both are doing well.  Oh and I got measured today. Didn't lose any weight.  

• Happy Birthday tpup!  You did great getting back on track, striving for perfection is planning for failure!  It's your birthday!!  You did good with dinner, it could have been A LOT worse!  In fact, I'm planning my mess ups!  My birthday is the 29th of January and I already have my meal picked out!!!  It is a Tuesday so I didn't want to cheat too bad, so I picked the best thing I could...Filet Mignon, Baked Potato and Salad!  My mom always cooks me a birthday dinner!  Also, I absolutley put cake on my menu for that day!!  You just have to! :-)  I'm positive I won't feel bad about it!  haha!  I'm sure I'll splurge the saturday before that on my free day with a not so healthy bday dinner, but that is what free days are for!  Oh and my birthday is the end of my first 4 weeks on BFL, so even more of a reason to celebrate!  

Keep up the great work and I hope you had a Fabulous Birthday!!!

• Hang in there WTLF.  I've only weighed myself once per week and i've weighed once since being on this program.  I lost 2lb last week, but I am sure it was just that water weight thing.  I am supposed to weigh tomorrow, but am not sure if i will or not.  I don't expect any weight loss, and I don't want to be let down if I don't.  I know I am sticking to the program 100% - so I think I will let that fuel me and keep me focused.

• Hey, does anyone use MyFitnessPal ?  If so, lets be friends.  I have the same user name ...

• Sorry, user name on MFP is Tri_Tri_Again (underscores)

• Happy Birthday Tpup!!! Oh I am pretty sure I would have to have something yummy if it was my birthday but I won't have to worry since it's in November. I am still pretty congested from this sinus infection and bronchitis and had to take my youngest son  to the doctors today as he has it as well so I didn't run on the treadmill but I did do p90x plyometrics today. It wasn't pretty but I am proud that I did something. I really really wanted some comfort food today so I made some oatmeal with blue berries. It was really good and hit the spot. Well it's only 5:30 here in Seattle but I am headed to bed. I am glad tomorrow is Friday~ Thanks for always starting the thread.

~Lorie

• Happy Birthday Tpup!  I am glad you are forging ahead and not letting yourself be set back.  Remember, this is for LIFE not 12 weeks.  We have our whole lives to do BFL, it is our new way of life.  Not just some fad we are doing.

I had an intense 5-25 cardio this am.  I sweat so much during that!  

Tri-My weight exercises are not cutting it either.  I feel I can use heavier weights too.  I am writing all my workouts down including the weights I use.  So I can be sure to up my weights next time.  

Tomorrow is LB and excited for that.

How much protein is everyone trying to eat a day?  Is anyone else hungry in between meals???

• SICU,

I'm hungry between lunch and snacktime. what about you?