12/31 Group Check In - Tuesday Jan. 8th - What do you do "on the road" or on crazy days?

• Hi everyone - happy Tuesday! Tri-Tri, hope you are feeling better - winter doldrums can easily set in which is why it's even more important to eat well!

I wanted to bring up the topic of what we all do when things don't go as planned, and how I am realizing day to day how important it is to at least plan to have a FEW emergency snacks along just in case, so we don't blow it by driving thru or the mini-mart (mini marts are dangerous for me!!)

What a day yesterday - was on my listing appt. taking photos, and get a call from my son's school. He was sick - had to drop everything, pick him up, take him back to finish up my appt. (30 min. drive each way!)...then to doc, pharmacy, was gone 8:30 to 2:00 and LUCKILY packed two snacks. And how funny is this? I packed one of those Cottage Chz Doubles? But forgot a SPOON! So in my car, I found a pretty healthy granola bar lying around (LOL). SO I used IT as a spoon and got my protein in and ate the whole Cottage Chz Doubles that way. Had nuts later for "lunch" and a late lunch at 2:00 pm when we finally got home! Obviously we can stop and get a yogurt parfait from McD's or healthy things from 7-11, but I have been packing a small refrigerated lunch tote and it seems to be working.

Anyway, it's food for thought. Just finished a good cardio workout on the elliptical! Have a great BFL day everyone!!

• Good morning.  Happy Tuesday.  I'm doing ok today, but the most important thing is that I am staying focused on the BFL plan and feeling good about it!  

Unfortunately, I don't have any tips or advice for your thread question.  My days are pretty normal.  The only thing I do is keep a healthy snack (about 200 cals) in my purse in the event I am away from a sensible snack/food option.  

Also, I totally got my workouts confused this week. Today is opposite of last week, two lower body and one upper.  I was following the same plan as last week and did upper body yesterday.  DOH!  I am not sure what I am going to do to correct it.  Maybe I'll do lowerbody today along with lowerbody (one in the AM, one in the PM) to get back on track.  

Have a great day y'all!

Go, Becca, Go!  Tri Tri Again!  www.tinyurl.com/rebecca2013  

• I had the cottage cheese doubles today too. Yommy.

For emergency snacks I have a EAS bar in the car and a few in the cabinets. Can't eat the whole bar...just nibbled on half to curb my appetite.

Keep it up. Drink that water!