The Scary Meal (a.k.a., the Sixth Meal)

• Ok, there is a lot of talk out there about meals / snacks 2 and 4.  Those threads are good and I have learned some great meal / snack ideas from reading them.  But, who dares the sixth meal?  I feel guilty about eating a light meal / snack after dinner fearing that I will wake up with swollen thighs.  However, some nights (like tonight), I am ravished!  Anyone have good ideas, tips, etc. about the scary last meal / snack of the day?  

Go, Becca, Go!  Tri Tri Again!  www.tinyurl.com/rebecca2013  

• I'm planning to have a Greek yogurt with 1/4 c. blackberries. I'll think of it as a dessert. ;)

• Great idea!  Thanks!  

Go, Becca, Go!  Tri Tri Again!  www.tinyurl.com/rebecca2013  

• I try to make my sixth meal a hearty protein shake...mostly casein based with a half cup of oats mixed in.  The greek yogurt is definitely a nice snack as well.

• I think a protein shake, perhaps with the EAS LEan 15 or something similar would be a great end of the day meal or perhaps some low fat cottage cheese with fruit for the carbs and casein protein input.

• I often do greek yogurt mixed with fiber one.  Also- sometimes I do a protein shake, I second the Lean 15.

• Don't be scared!  You're about to fast for 7-8 hours while you sleep and if you're doing heavy weight workouts, your body needs the fuel to keep repairing the muscles while you sleep.  Besides, it's total caloric balance that causes weight gain or loss, not the time of day you eat the food.  Just eat something light and you'll be fine.  Sometimes I skip 6th meal, if I'm not hungry I don't like to force myself to eat. So you could also just follow your own hunger levels, that's a healthy way to live anyway :-P

• I've been having low fat cottage cheese and yogurt, it's kind of like a last meal treat to look forward to!